Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    The flaw here (and with the comic) is that it's not the same people every time. This is the giant mistake that a lot of the Blizzard defenders make.

Just because some people complained about Dailies and some people complained about Archeology, does not mean that those "some people" are the "same people".

Edit:
    Also, there's nothing wrong with telling Blizzard what you don't like about their game. Even Blizzard doesn't agree with your "if you don't like it, leave" position. So, really, saying that just makes you look stupid.
    Yeah no. Anyone who is a regular on the official forums is well aware that there is a group of serial whiners who complain about literally everything even if their new complaint contradicts their old complaint. Also no one is defending Blizzard they are defending aspects of the game that they like. Just as you are free to voice your opinion on why you don't like something, we are free to give our opinion on why we disagree.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    I'm starting to think everyone that defends dailies does not play pve competitively.
    I'm starting to think players who claim to play competitively need to overgear the content because they aren't quite as good as they claim.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    I hear people saying this a lot, and have my doubts, so I mathed it out, and at a rate of a couple of dailies a day it would take 340+ days to get the main factions alone to exalted (klaxxi, GL, SP, AC). Before people ask I didn't work in rep bonuses except the commendations as not everyone has them so they can't be assumed. That's nearly a year, and certainly more than the "couple of weeks" you seem to think. Can we let that cliche die please?

Edited to account for the commendations at revered, which I didn't count in the first time
    The point is you will get rep faster than you will get valor points given the 1000 cap so no you really don't need to do every faction's dailies every day because even if you get everything at revered at the same time you are still limited by the valor cap. Why can't people understand this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear people saying this a lot, and have my doubts, so I mathed it out, and at a rate of a couple of dailies a day it would take 340+ days to get the main factions alone to exalted (klaxxi, GL, SP, AC). Before people ask I didn't work in rep bonuses except the commendations as not everyone has them so they can't be assumed. That's nearly a year, and certainly more than the "couple of weeks" you seem to think. Can we let that cliche die please?

Edited to account for the commendations at revered, which I didn't count in the first time
    Exalted isn't required in the context of this discussion, unlocking valor rewards. You only need revered and by questing in dread wastes you can hit Klaxxi honored without doing any dailies. From there it's about 11 days til reverred. You could have easily done dailies 2-3 times per week and unlocked your rewards without valor capping.

it's probably more than 2 per day but it's significant less than the x hours of dailies many people complained about having to do.

I'm just sick of hearing people support their argument with untruths. It is dishonest to say 'a couple a day will get you there in a few weeks' when in reality it will take a year at that rate.
    What people are saying is you don't need to do it all every day because there is no point. You are still limited by the valor cap so there is pretty much no reason to do more than one faction at a time. For example now that my main is revered with Golden Lotus I'm putting doing their dailies on hold while I do AC/Shado Pan rep and begin Golden Lotus on an alt.

I remember when there were no dailies, people would reroll human just for the rep gain bonus, and I had to handstand my way to instances thigh-deep in the snow with frost-resist enchanted toboggans and a parka on. Kids these days, complaining about every damn thing that gets their frail little Dove soap coddled hands dirty! -- Old man voice.

Anyone feeling that the dailies are too grindy, or blaming their inability to play on "real life", are better off playing something else. They wan't progression without effort, even such small effort as finishing the dailies.

I spend 20 minutes doing dailies for 3 factions each day, for this I get gold, VP, reputation and eventually gear and a mount or 2...yeah, the grind is SO hard. -_-. I've followed this pattern since I hit 90 and I have 2 factions now still not exalted. I'll reach exalted with them this month.

This, in my book, is the best expansion I've yet to experience. 3 months in and I still find myself having to choose between what I wanna do because there's so much of it, and dailies make up...10%? If you can only play for such a short while each day that 20 minutes or so feels like too much, then why do you even aim for progression? It's not like you'll have any USE for it...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-12-19 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    I don't like that the only way to get rep etc is doing dailies, I'd like an option to grind it, like the winterspring cat mount and the nether rays from the bird people in tbc, oh and the talbuk mount from nagrand
    Winterspring Cat mount is dailies only.

The problem isn't Blizzard giving WoW players "exactly what they want". It's Blizzard going BACK to an ideal they already went head over heel to get away from.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    There is a difference in what you're looking at for changes.
    As time goes by and the gaming market changes, requirements for ganmes changes and also the players grow up and get other responsibilites in life, the games they wanto to play will change.
    Having a grindy game 8 years back, doesn't mean that grind will be succesful in todays wow.

We are not using chariots as our main-transportation, do we?
    They are perfectly capable in bringing us from A to B but I don;t think they meet the requirements for transportation today.
    Things change and wow needs to develop with those changes.
    You using chariots as an example is a bit obscene. Chariots haven't been used at all during my lifetime, yet I've been alive since before wow was even developed. I would be perfectly happy if cars were still the same as they were in 1980. Don't get me wrong, I love that my car is newer and has features that didn't exist back then (middle brake light, aux port, halogen headlights, side airbags, rear window defroster, and other stuff like that), but what I am saying is that if cars hadn't advanced at all since I was born they would still work fine and most people wouldn't complain.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Anyone feeling that the dailies are too grindy, or blaming their inability to play on "real life", are better off playing something else. They wan't progression without effort, even such small effort as finishing the dailies.

I spend 20 minutes doing dailies for 3 factions each day, for this I get gold, VP, reputation and eventually gear and a mount or 2...yeah, the grind is SO hard. -_-. I've followed this pattern since I hit 90 and I have 2 factions now still not exalted. I'll reach exalted with them this month.

This, in my book, is the best expansion I've yet to experience. 3 months in and I still find myself having to choose between what I wanna do because there's so much of it, and dailies make up...10%? If you can only play for such a short while each day that 20 minutes or so feels like too much, then why do you even aim for progression? It's not like you'll have any USE for it...
    I agree with you 100%. the dailies really aren't that bad. I admit I've slowed down on doing them, but not because they are bad, its just because I'm taking a break to play through skyrim again so that I can be ready with a decked out character for when dragonborn is released on Jan 4th. ^_^

edit: before anyone says "qq dragonborn is already out nub" no it isn't. At least not for anyone who doesn't play skyrim on xbox 360. I play on pc.
    Last edited by zshikara; 2012-12-19 at 08:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    I'm starting to think everyone that defends dailies does not play pve competitively.
    You mean this thing I've stopped doing weeks ago because I'm exalted with all factions by now? (with the exception of 5.1 dailies which are like 15-30min a day and aren't really that big gain for a PvEr)

They were overtuned at the very start but that has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

You really need to get a good understanding of effort.
    I don't think anyone will enjoy getting rewards without effort... but I also don't think doing dailies can be perceived as effort.
    It is a mindless repeating of the same quests over and over again... I don't call that effort.