Page 1 of 3
LastLast

All cities pets!

So I believe there are 5 cities worth of pets. Each pet requires 250 golden cogs, wad of glue, stuffing. Now, if you read the wording on the frames it says: Requires 250 golden cogs, wads of glue and stuffing. I will assume this means you need 250 of each but not sure.

Each day you complete Toxx you get 100 golden cogs and 250 glue or stuffing. Assuming 5 cities you will need 1250 cogs and at a rate of 100 cogs a day it would take 13 days to get the cogs. The holiday event lasts for 20 days.

Now we assume that once it visits lions arch and stays, you will continue to get the cogs.

So I assume this to mean you can craft every cities pet. Can anyone confirm I'm accurate in my assessment?

Deleted
    it's not that toy reindeer only pet ?

They stated the cogs are a one time reward per city dungeon. You can craft 2 by the end of it. If you want the rest you have to buy them in the gem shop.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They stated the cogs are a one time reward per city dungeon. You can craft 2 by the end of it. If you want the rest you have to buy them in the gem shop.
    Really? Ugh, that sucks. Got a source? I believe you but just want to read what they said.

I'm more concerned over whether or not you can still get the frames if you missed them. I really, really hate this 'one time only' BS that they seem to like to do with their events. I didn't even know there was a Ventari pet until after Tixx had already left the Grove nor did I know until today that you can (supposedly) only get the cogs to make the pets before he docks in Lion's Arch.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Really? Ugh, that sucks. Got a source? I believe you but just want to read what they said.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../Tixx-Minipets

When tixx goes back to lions arch you can re do the dungeons but you won't get any cogs, it's meant for people who missed the original days.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm more concerned over whether or not you can still get the frames if you missed them. I really, really hate this 'one time only' BS that they seem to like to do with their events. I didn't even know there was a Ventari pet until after Tixx had already left the Grove nor did I know until today that you can (supposedly) only get the cogs to make the pets before he docks in Lion's Arch.
    If you missed a day, when he goes back to lions arch you can do them again and get cogs if you haven't gotten them already and frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yes, I believe you can get the frames as a catch up when he goes to LA.

I sure hope so. That Ventari pet is the first mini I've really wanted. ><

Wow, what a disgusting and blatant money grab.

It's amazing how when they introduce quality content it comes alongside this kind of bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post

It's amazing how when they introduce quality content it comes alongside this kind of bullshit.
    its just a pet and you can still decide wich 2 you want to have. you can also wait for the next year.
    other games would just give you 1 out of 5 pets and you couldnt buy them.

Heaven forbid a COMPANY decides to offer a VANITY item to make money. I mean it's not like WoW does that ever at all with pets and mounts.

10+ Year Old Account

Battlenet store would like to have a chit-chat with you, seems like sub and paying for pets/mounts is okay-ish but on a B2P game a vanity thing is just a no-go.

Deleted
    So, its ok for some sub based games to sell mini and mounts for real money while gw2 cant oh lol this forum seriously guys and its not that you can buy gems with gold.... oh wait. Get a grip folks!

It's not really quality content tbh. They spend so much time making everything look nice the events, the jumping puzzle, everything else, is so boring and simple.

It's like a rainbow, does nothing looks pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    So I believe there are 5 cities worth of pets. Each pet requires 250 golden cogs, wad of glue, stuffing. Now, if you read the wording on the frames it says: Requires 250 golden cogs, wads of glue and stuffing. I will assume this means you need 250 of each but not sure.

Each day you complete Toxx you get 100 golden cogs and 250 glue or stuffing. Assuming 5 cities you will need 1250 cogs and at a rate of 100 cogs a day it would take 13 days to get the cogs. The holiday event lasts for 20 days.

Now we assume that once it visits lions arch and stays, you will continue to get the cogs.

So I assume this to mean you can craft every cities pet. Can anyone confirm I'm accurate in my assessment?
    You can go to this website to find useful information about the Wintersday event.

http://dulfy.net/2012/12/14/gw2-wintersday-event-guide/

It's not really quality content tbh. They spend so much time making everything look nice the events, the jumping puzzle, everything else, is so boring and simple.

Mhmm.

Deleted

... I hope you're joking. So you can only get 2 pets instead of 5, and they let you chose which to get, oh the horror. Weren't you one of the people that praised the WoW selling pets? Well here, in GW2 they let you chose which pets you want and which pets you can buy.

Let's not even count that you will probably be able to get 2 more next year and last in 2 years.

white knights

white knights everywhere!

They intentionally mislead and insinuate that you can get all 5 pets by showing up for each of the 5 events. "JK you have to spend gems, oh man sorry we were unclear, our bad!"

It's pretty sad when InfiniteRetro starts to look like one of the more reasonable posters on this subforum.

Meh I think it's all fun so far... better than Lost Shores at least. I am a bit disappoint with the jumping puzzle, and I blame all the bads who couldn't do Clocktower and cried an ocean.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-12-17 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They intentionally mislead and insinuate that you can get all 5 pets by showing up for each of the 5 events. "JK you have to spend gems, oh man sorry we were unclear, our bad!"

Where on earth do you see that? Got a link to back up your bashing?
    Valar morghulis

Different teams for art vs content

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Guild Wars 2 has no subscription fee (Buy2Play model). Then how the hell can people even get mad at them selling some mini's/vanity items in the gem store? You can even choose 2 of the 5 mini's that we're discussing here, plus you can also buy the gems with in-game gold. And do you even realize how much gems you could buy with $15/month?