Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I heard Blizzard wants to reduce burst in PvP: 163,591 Spellstorm on 55% Resilience

Case in point:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/257...1712185050.jpg

I have got 53% standard resilience+ 15% all damage reduction from talent "ironhawk". It works out to abt 55%+ resilience. I got two-shot by a 163,591 Spellstorm. If one increases it by 55%, that's +89,975.

So yeah, instead of GC nerfing Rogues, perhaps you might want to take a look at your beloved "hybrid" burst. The last time a Rogue two shot me was back in 2005.

In before "You need to L2P" and "You got Outplayed".
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-18 at 05:23 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

He had all the procs and used a full coldown macro plus berzerk to hit you that, trust me, everthing is aligned.
    Moonkins are far from overpowered.

But.. I am a rogue.

Inb4 "get moar resilience" because pvp power nearly negates ALL pvp resilience.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I love how Blizzard added in baseline resilience to help with pvp and then decided to added in PvP power to completely negate it... Its dumbfounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    He had all the procs and used a full coldown macro plus berzerk to hit you that, trust me, everthing is aligned.
    Moonkins are far from overpowered.
    No, the druid didn't have zerker buff. Also, are you implying that if one makes a macro and presses it, it should hit for 165k? I am asking because I have got 13 different macros on my Hunter and I used to have 15 on my Warrior back in TBC. Suddenly, hybrids have to make macros and they MUST two-shot people?
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

well its no secret that mop is OUT of balance. More then any other previous expansion imo.
    Anyone saying otherwise are just in denial...
    example "1'st guy Lol I got 2shottet by a war",
    "2'nd guy so what 6 other classes can do that to, thats balance my friend!"... eeh?

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I love how Blizzard added in baseline resilience to help with pvp and then decided to added in PvP power to completely negate it... Its dumbfounding.
    Exactly, its truely dumbfounding

Deleted
    This is a great example why I havn't logged in for a few weeks.
    They claim they "want" to do this and that, but they never do anything. So fuck it, cba playing anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    well they added a 40% baseline res, wich just maked 40% the new 0% for some people without any gear aye ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    No, the druid didn't have zerker buff. Also, are you implying that if one makes a macro and presses it, it should hit for 165k? I am asking because I have got 13 different macros on my Hunter and I used to have 15 on my Warrior back in TBC. Suddenly, hybrids have to make macros and they MUST two-shot people?

Well...

Last night I got hit for 98k NO CRIT from a hunter with a coldown macro + trinket + power shot out of camouflage.

How much do you think that would hit me if it was criti? And I got 58% resilience and a 16% dmg physical reducion damage aura as a mage.

That is for sure not a trivial shot, trust me.

But.. I am a rogue.

Resilience and PvP Power are in the game entirely to separate gear from the two spheres. It is intended to make you need to earn gear from two different currency flows. They are not in to keep you alive, or make you a killer.

To the OP, getting toasted once in a while is just part of the game. Get over it and play. When was the last time you crushed someone, then asked that your class get nerfed? Just play.

I have 60% PVP power your pathetic resilience betrays you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Case in point:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/257...1712185050.jpg

I have got 53% standard resilience+ 15% all damage reduction from talent "ironhawk". It works out to abt 55%+ resilience. I got two-shot by a 163,591 Spellstorm. If one increases it by 55%, that's +89,975.

So yeah, instead of GC nerfing Rogues, perhaps you might want to take a look at your beloved "hybrid" burst. The last time a Rogue two shot me was back in 2005.

In before "You need to L2P" and "You got Outplayed".
    1. Moonfire
    2. Sunfire
    3. Wrath
    4. Starfall
    5. Starsurge

I got 5 gcd's. Crazy burst, sure.
    Two shot = 2 gcds. If this was POM+PYRO+FIREBLAST DEAD, sure.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-18 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a proper geared boomkin used all his cooldown managed to crit you for half your health ( 318k hp really is a lot....) with a spell that has a 15sec cooldown.
    Honestly, if you were better geared, the damage would go from ~50% of your health to ~35% which is perfectly fine and if you claim otherwise, almost every single class needs to get nerfed, even "underpowered classes"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    318k hp lol, maybe get some gear that isn't green
    I actually checked his armory, he's using the shitty crafted pvp gear, which honestly is even worse than pve gear.

So, you were under attack by a mage and a moonkin and a spell on a 15 second CD crit you for half your (very small) HP pool?

Hey, I was in PvP in shit gear once and I was hit hard too. Maybe I should make a topic about it...

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off, PVP Power does not "nearly negate" all PVP Resilience.

To Negate the Baseline 40% Resilience you need 66.7% PVP Power. That would turn a 100K Hit into (x1.667) 166.7K Hit, then reduced by 40% (x.6) for Resilience = 100K.

People are reaching that, but that's almost endgame PVP Power there. People who are in that type of gear tend to be actually stacking resilience. I think 67% Resilience is reachable, and that would turn that 100K hit into (x1.667) 166.7K, reduced by 67% (x.33) for Resilience = 55k.

Unfortunately, until you get to higher levels of Resilience, it does suck if you face someone WAY better geared than you. I think that's the problem you were facing... you are in the starter crafted stuff, with possibly a few dreadful pieces. You probably faced someone in full Dreadful Gear with several Malevolent pieces. PVP isn't fun until you're nearly full dreadful.

Anyways, good luck.

Why did you black out the name of the person who was hitting you? We could armory him to see what his gear/offensive stats are and either say it was just bad luck (faced a much higher geared opponent) or try to break things down and give advice?

Additionally, it appears that damage he hit you for was 233,158, so you didn't start your fight against him at full health, and a Frost Mage hit you for 19,330 as well. That's the beginning of what we can see, so we can't see what other damage you took before that.
    Last edited by Shaderas; 2012-12-17 at 06:02 PM.

I have a legitimate question, since I haven't logged in to the game for over a year. I've heard that players have over 350k HP (more for some classes) with full PvP gear. That damage isn't even half an HP bar, what exactly is the problem? Classes have always had (for the most part) an ability that hits hard and for nearly half of your health. If they didn't, they had utility to pressure you and get you low fast. I don't get why people are crying so much now, when this has been part of the game for years.

this isn't how it functions actually.
    theres a reinhart video somewhere where he goes into the actual math of it.

basically resilience scales better then pvppower, most players are running 60%+
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Two shot = 2 gcds. If this was POM+PYRO+FIREBLAST DEAD, sure.

oh yes, good old tbc/vanilla <3

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    First off, PVP Power does not "nearly negate" all PVP Resilience.

To Negate the Baseline 40% Resilience you need 66.7% PVP Power. That would turn a 100K Hit into (x1.667) 166.7K Hit, then reduced by 40% (x.6) for Resilience = 100K.

People are reaching that, but that's almost endgame PVP Power there. People who are in that type of gear tend to be actually stacking resilience. I think 67% Resilience is reachable, and that would turn that 100K hit into (x1.667) 166.7K, reduced by 67% (x.33) for Resilience = 55k.

Unfortunately, until you get to higher levels of Resilience, it does suck if you face someone WAY better geared than you. I think that's the problem you were facing... you are in the starter crafted stuff, with possibly a few dreadful pieces. You probably faced someone in full Dreadful Gear with several Malevolent pieces. PVP isn't fun until you're nearly full dreadful.

Anyways, good luck.

Why did you black out the name of the person who was hitting you? We could armory him to see what his gear/offensive stats are and either say it was just bad luck (faced a much higher geared opponent) or try to break things down and give advice?

Additionally, it appears that damage he hit you for was 233,158, so you didn't start your fight against him at full health, and a Frost Mage hit you for 19,330 as well. That's the beginning of what we can see, so we can't see what other damage you took before that.
    Nice explanation, however, PVP power does negate resilience, one way or another. Many people that are out pvping have less resilience than their enemies pvp power.