Rerolled as Mistweaver

So I've been slowly gearing my monk to be able to heal and I've finally gotten enough gear to feel comfortable healing in. (Only piece I'm missing is trinket).

But what I'm wondering is what Stats should I be focusing on as far as reforging and gemming goes?

Reforge I imagine should look something like this:

Spirit>Haste>Mastery>Crit but that will vary depending on what kind of healing I will be doing correct?

Also,

Is it possible or even worth it to try and hit haste breaking points in this tier of raiding?

Well i would recomend u to read the sticky on MW

And yes u can reach the haste breakpoints

Deleted
    it's going to depend massively on how you're healing. Any more information you can give us ? 10/25man...heroics ??

Spirit> Haste Cap @ 3148 tiger stance for extra Renew tick > Crit > Mastery > Haste
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2012-12-17 at 06:51 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should have probably look at the sticky first before posting. The original "guide" is completely outdated and IMO not very good when you compare it to the BrM one or any real guide in fact (rshammy, holy pally etc) but if you read some of the newer posts in that thread that revolve around 5.1, you'll notice that the majority of the community believes its Spirit > haste to BP > crit > mastery. Or even using the find feature that every decent forum has would have been a better option.

The 3148 haste BP can be easily achieved with 485+ gear without sacrificing spirit and crit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Well i would recomend u to read the sticky on MW

And yes u can reach the haste breakpoints

The Mw guide hasn't been updated since Sept 24th and since then there have been quiet a few changes to the spec.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchib View Post
    You should have probably look at the sticky first before posting. The original "guide" is completely outdated and IMO not very good when you compare it to the BrM one or any real guide in fact (rshammy, holy pally etc) but if you read some of the newer posts in that thread that revolve around 5.1, you'll notice that the majority of the community believes its Spirit > haste to BP > crit > mastery. Or even using the find feature that every decent forum has would have been a better option.

The 3148 haste BP can be easily achieved with 485+ gear without sacrificing spirit and crit too much.
    Thanks for the info. Will definitely check out some of the later posts!

The last few pages bring you up to date pretty much on the two ways of gearing/playing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Spirit> Haste Cap @ 3148 tiger stance for extra Renew tick > Crit > Mastery > Haste
    What exactly is the purpose of going tiger stance? Is that better for meleeweaving?

What exactly is the purpose of going tiger stance?
    If you are in tiger stance it shows your base haste rating values. If you are in serpent stance it shows your haste rating values with the 50% haste factored in. You need 3148 base haste rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    What exactly is the purpose of going tiger stance? Is that better for meleeweaving?
    Serpent increases haste from items, tiger is just used to measure how much actual haste you have.

Concerning the OP, i found that mistweavers monks are probably the only healers that you can gem/reforge specifically to your playstyle. Personally i
    gem intel and reforge crit.

Deleted
    Haha you rerolled when we are broken? I chuckled a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saozin View Post
    Yeah, believe it or not some people play what they enjoy, rather than what's overpowered this week.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saozin View Post
    Your post made me chuckle more. we're not broken, nerfed yes but we are still good healers. not the unbeatable beasts we were earlier, but still not bad.

Though i would rather have a nerf to uplift than the renewing mist jumps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    Yeah, believe it or not some people play what they enjoy, rather than what's overpowered this week.
    I've been playing mistweaver since release, and I still do. But I find it funny he rerolled one when we are the worst healer for hc raiding. It's still viable and pretty good on certain fights (garalon hc). However on overall, we're the worst.

Though i would rather have a nerf to uplift than the renewing mist jumps.
    We all did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    And most people look at an on-going series of weakening and debilitating actions taken against a spec and think "I'll wait until this has settled" before they try the spec in a raid setting. Even moreso if it's a healer. Especially so if their place in rankings drops suddenly and the mood of the raiding and [class here] forum communities are scrambling to figure out how to use them properly.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    And most people look at an on-going series of weakening and debilitating actions taken against a spec and think "I'll wait until this has settled" before they try the spec in a raid setting. Even moreso if it's a healer. Especially so if their place in rankings drops suddenly and the mood of the raiding and [class here] forum communities are scrambling to figure out how to use them properly.
    Yeah most people don't quite realize how little your class/spec matters when it comes to raiding with a guild. I was accepted and raided with a world top 40 guild back in Cata as a resto druid...back when they were terrible. Most guilds will take the player over the class, the rare exceptions are probably just the top 10 guilds, and guilds without a brain

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    At the time that I started to gather some gear up for my mistweaver spec we were doing fine and had not received any nerfs.

Regardless of the nerfs I enjoy the play style and how it works. The ability to do damage and heal is allot of fun and is very new to me which just makes me want to play more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notamonk View Post
    At the time that I started to gather some gear up for my mistweaver spec we were doing fine and had not received any nerfs.

Regardless of the nerfs I enjoy the play style and how it works. The ability to do damage and heal is allot of fun and is very new to me which just makes me want to play more.
    Enjoying playing your class >>> playing an OP class.

In the lower/mid-end of raiding, it doesn't really matter if you're at 6k spirit or at 12k spirit, haste capped or not. I would suggest you go for a fairly high amount of spirit, until you feel comfortable healing an entire fight without major stress.

If you have a lot of haste gear, you can go for the 3145 haste breakpoint, and just reforge all mastery to crit.

Intellect/Spirit>Crit>Haste>Mastery.

If you're used to healing running a low crit chance, switching to a high crit chance, will make a huge difference. Hence I'm sticking to crit.