Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    can't tell if troll.. so must be
    must of recieved cancer reading posts like this. why would I troll on MMO champ? If she does more damage than me and beats me in duels I did everything I could shieldwall Fear before kidney shot lands etc. Just cause you have gear don't call it a troll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydluffy View Post
    must of recieved cancer reading posts like this. why would I troll on MMO champ? If she does more damage than me and beats me in duels I did everything I could shieldwall Fear before kidney shot lands etc. Just cause you have gear don't call it a troll
    See, ugh, I need to remember to keep this civil.

Ok so, listen. You seem to have this really cookie cutter idea about pvp, maybe spending a little too much time reading and not enough time learning for yourself, here. If she's doing too much damage to you (as a rogue no less) it's because you're letting her. Let's just be honest here. PVP isn't about following a list of prerequisites and executing them, it's about adapting and learning on the fly. It's about bettering yourself within your own limits, breaking those limits, and then relearning all over again.

We're being serious here, even though it may come off dickheadish. With the state of both the warrior class and the rogue class ingeneral, if you're losing AND claiming it's a damage issue, she's just simply better than you. In this case, it's not your class and ESPECIALLY for damn sure isn't her class. Get out there and practice. Don't be a little pussy and reroll every time you hit a skill wall, which I promise you is the case here.

Again, meant respectfully... kinda.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    See, ugh, I need to remember to keep this civil.

Ok so, listen. You seem to have this really cookie cutter idea about pvp, maybe spending a little too much time reading and not enough time learning for yourself, here. If she's doing too much damage to you (as a rogue no less) it's because you're letting her. Let's just be honest here. PVP isn't about following a list of prerequisites and executing them, it's about adapting and learning on the fly. It's about bettering yourself within your own limits, breaking those limits, and then relearning all over again.

We're being serious here, even though it may come off dickheadish. With the state of both the warrior class and the rogue class ingeneral, if you're losing AND claiming it's a damage issue, she's just simply better than you. In this case, it's not your class and ESPECIALLY for damn sure isn't her class. Get out there and practice. Don't be a little pussy and reroll every time you hit a skill wall, which I promise you is the case here.

Again, meant respectfully... kinda.
    kk I Know the state of warriors, but she does more damage than me since she kills me faster

Deleted
    You MUST be trolling... always giving the same answer over and over again. In no universe does an equally geared and equally skilled rogue deal more damage than a warrior. If she is killing you then she is just plain better than you.

Just keep practicing duels with her, analyse where you could have avoided or mitigated damage and where you could have dealt more damage on her instead. It's always good to practice with better players than yourself because only with facing better opponents you get better yourself.

its not a learn to play issue, rogues have insane burst. I dont back peddal or click and keybind my stuff, 1v1 is imbalanced. Im just looking for strats to beat rogues
    It is absolutely a learn to play issue. It's MoP, he's a rogue, you're a warrior. There is no excuse.

I target them, and then they usually die within a few blows.

A trick you can do, if you get them stunned with shockwave, is to disarm them at the last second of it, so they can't parry/dodge it.

And if they pop CD's, fear them, and if they trinket, hamstring, leap, then charge , and ofc shockwave if off CD .
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

As an Enhance shaman I only have issues with them during their burst. After that, they literally have nothing to stop me killing them. That said, I have only ever come across 2 or 3 rogues recently, and they all had t1 weapons at least.
    RETH

Can a rogue even kill a afk warrior these days? How is it even possible that a rogue is able to burn through all your CDs and kill you? You can normally kill them in a shockwave. You can disarm Shadowblades, stun more then him. Just put on a shield and sit afk in Def stance till the rogue gets bored.

*Just looked at the gear of both players, this has to be a joke*
    Last edited by Miko; 2012-12-18 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    Keep bleeds up, the rogues only weekness...
    clos doesnt wipe bleeds so make restealhting painfull to say the least.
    unless the rogue is a dwarf then you might be screwd

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon guys, stop the insults. The OP asked for advice on how to beat rogues... maybe he's still learning how to counter them, but he's not trolling. We've given him advice, and he can learn. L2P is often viewed as an insult, because of the context of how we use it most of the time.

This is someone that for the most part looks like he asked a question, seeking advice from people here, sincerely. Rogues can beat Warriors. Certainly it is not easy and is skewed in the warriors favor, but it does happen. Don't turn him away because you think that he should be able to beat all rogues without a problem. The OP has actually listen to and considered our advice, unlike other posters in other threads who just insult people who don't agree with them (I will not name names).

OP, continue on with your warrior. The more you learn it, the more rewarding it will be. They are pretty strong right now. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    C'mon guys, stop the insults. The OP asked for advice on how to beat rogues... maybe he's still learning how to counter them, but he's not trolling. We've given him advice, and he can learn. L2P is often viewed as an insult, because of the context of how we use it most of the time.
    Right, except that any of your post would make sense if he wasn't just repeating "She does more damage so she wins" over and over and over again, followed with claims that he's just going to switch classes.

The OP (assuming he isn't a troll which is a stretch at this point) has no interest in learning from this thread or getting any better. The moment it got a little hard for him he switched classes. I'm not even sure why he was here in the first place. There have been a few well worded responses and they were all met with the same close minded defeatism that he presented to the "L2PNUB" replies.

I'm not actually sure what you're trying to defend, here.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Right, except that any of your post would make sense if he wasn't just repeating "She does more damage so she wins" over and over and over again, followed with claims that he's just going to switch classes.

The OP (assuming he isn't a troll which is a stretch at this point) has no interest in learning from this thread or getting any better. The moment it got a little hard for him he switched classes. I'm not even sure why he was here in the first place. There have been a few well worded responses and they were all met with the same close minded defeatism that he presented to the "L2PNUB" replies.

I'm not actually sure what you're trying to defend, here.
    Maybe I need to go back and reread some of the posts, but most of the posts that he responded negatively to were heavily laced with insults.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you dont want too waste rage with thunderclap too get a rogue out of stealth just use this: http://www.wowhead.com/item=86607#comments
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    Sorry but this is a l2p issue....you are more geared than the rogue, and the rogue isn't even gemming correctly. The state of warriors at the moment is very strong while the state of rogues is...pitiful honestly. You should have popped avatar+recklessness+crit banner then 3 shot her.
    It's not that bad for Rogues. They got buffs and indirect buffs. The use trinket change helps them more than any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Can a rogue even kill a afk warrior these days? How is it even possible that a rogue is able to burn through all your CDs and kill you? You can normally kill them in a shockwave. You can disarm Shadowblades, stun more then him. Just put on a shield and sit afk in Def stance till the rogue gets bored.

*Just looked at the gear of both players, this has to be a joke*
    at this point its pointless to reply anymore. On my server rogues with gear can global people with CD's but people are morons who dont get it
    Last edited by monkeydluffy; 2012-12-18 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    usually i sit in d-stance and laugh at them while second wind keeps me up and i wear them down

at this point its pointless to reply anymore. On my server rogues with gear can global people with CD's but people are morons who dont get it
    Abilities have the same coefficients on all servers.

I can only assume this is a troll...

I as a well geared rogue using 2/2 upgraded s12elite weapons struggle to beat warriors with the first tier malev weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I can only assume this is a troll...

I as a well geared rogue using 2/2 upgraded s12elite weapons struggle to beat warriors with the first tier malev weapon
    No competent warrior ever loses to a rogue.

Your server is one of the couple with a large PvP community and tournament player presence. There are players like that of every class. Anyone still PvPing as a rogue has likely been a rogue for a very long time and I'd expect these people to be pretty good at it.

Rogues don't have terrible damage, but they're probably behind most of the popular PvP classes. It's their lack of defenses that makes them terrible right now; they have to win quickly or they won't win at all.