Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How do you beat rogues

in BG's theyre easy to beat since I can catch them out of stealth but 1v1 I lose 98% of the time as a warrior, I disarm them they disarm me I shieldwall they restealth

10+ Year Old Account
    You just beat them before they can restealth, or you simply unstealth em by spamming aoe.

a warrior asking how to beat rogues are you serious ? you have so many AOE abilitys use them if rogue restealths clearly a l2p issue
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

As a Ret Pally the only class I seem to have any sort of issues with are Frost Mages, Rogues are easy stun them and kill them, if they trinket disorient them and kill them, if they stealth use AOE and then kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    a warrior asking how to beat rogues are you serious ? you have so many AOE abilitys use them if rogue restealths clearly a l2p issue
    its not a learn to play issue, rogues have insane burst. I dont back peddal or click and keybind my stuff, 1v1 is imbalanced. Im just looking for strats to beat rogues

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydluffy View Post
    its not a learn to play issue, rogues have insane burst. I dont back peddal or click and keybind my stuff, 1v1 is imbalanced. Im just looking for strats to beat rogues
    What's your armory? Was the rogue significantly outgearing you? Rogues have nowhere near insane burst, they have moderate to good burst at times. I'm feeling that you got caught up in a 1v1 vs a Rogue that had quite a bit of gear on you. Fighting 1 vs 1 against a character that is geared way better than you sucks. I've done it as a Rogue vs a Warrior who was all Malevolent and stacked resilience. I had a hard time outdamaging his second wind, because I had to use a few of my cooldowns defensively rather than offensively (to counter his control abilities).

Look at his gear and your gear... if they are about the same, then we can talk about Strategies to deal with a rogue.

You need to d up when he uses cooldowns. When you see shadow dance, killing spree or vendetta you have to stun him. That is all of his damage once that is gone he will hit for nothing and will turtle till they come back up.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

As someone who plays both a rogue and a warrior I call this a L2P issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost want to say this is one of those attempted ironic-humor posts meant to make a point about the futility of rogue PVP... but somehow I doubt it.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    What's your armory? Was the rogue significantly outgearing you? Rogues have nowhere near insane burst, they have moderate to good burst at times. I'm feeling that you got caught up in a 1v1 vs a Rogue that had quite a bit of gear on you. Fighting 1 vs 1 against a character that is geared way better than you sucks. I've done it as a Rogue vs a Warrior who was all Malevolent and stacked resilience. I had a hard time outdamaging his second wind, because I had to use a few of my cooldowns defensively rather than offensively (to counter his control abilities).

Look at his gear and your gear... if they are about the same, then we can talk about Strategies to deal with a rogue.

no, the only rogues I beat are in BG's when there caught out of stealth 1v1 most things beat me warlocks rogues hunters mages

this is the rogues armory

Nogina is the rogue tichondrius

my toon is tichondrius themageclass

10+ Year Old Account
    "It's not a l2p issue, most things beat me."

This said about the most powerful class in PVP. I'm not sure what to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    As someone who plays both a rogue and a warrior I call this a L2P issue.
    maybe you have gear.

maybe you have gear.
    You outgear her, but your talents are wrong.

Double Time [Only really shines against God-Comp, but even then Juggernaut outstrips it] Warbringer is also nice for setting up non DR'd stun chains.
    Second Wind [Correct]
    Piercing Howl [Redundant with Hamstring, and Hindering Strikes]
    Bladestorm [Shockwave]
    Mass Spell Reflection [Safeguard, Escape+Mobility+Teammate Rescue]

It's definitely a l2p issue. You actually outgear the rogue. Warriors are one of if not the best pvp class right now. That rogue should have no chance given equal skill level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    Well, judging by him rather humbly asking on this forum, I would imagine he is reaching out for a considerate person to help him Learn to Play. Then... you came alone...

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    It's definitely a l2p issue. You actually outgear the rogue. Warriors are one of if not the best pvp class right now. That rogue should have no chance given equal skill level.
    she does more damage

10+ Year Old Account
    she does more damage
    That simply should not be. A lone rogue is generally considered to be a free KB these days, especially if you're outgearing them. There's simply no way a rogue is doing more damage than a greater geared warrior. If you were on equal skill levels, you'd be laughing the fight off before your second wind ever activated. I'm trying as hard as I can to take this seriously.

I think it's about time to review the basics, honestly. Do you generally do poorly in BGs?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    no, the only rogues I beat are in BG's when there caught out of stealth 1v1 most things beat me warlocks rogues hunters mages

this is the rogues armory

Nogina is the rogue tichondrius

my toon is tichondrius themageclass
    Ugh, the one thing that Armory doesn't show you yet, is item upgrades. I'm Shaderas on Azuremyst, and you'd see I'm in mostly Dreadful with 4 or 5 pieces of Malevolent. However, all my Dreadful has been upgraded, although it's a minor upgrade, it does help a little.

First thing I notice.. you are gemming for PVP Power. I think the majority of top players are gemming PVP Resilience. Resilience has a greater effect than Power does on PVP. Especially if you have second wind(!) the benefits of high resilience will REALLY show when you get 35% and lower. Combining this with the effect of going Defensive Stance when you see him pop his damage cooldowns, will really cut the damage you are taking. Outside of his cooldowns, he is not going to be able to put a ton of pressure on you.

In the case of most Rogues, I would save your trinket/racial for Kidney Shot. Save your disarm for a defensive cooldown, so if he disarms you in kind, he's wasted it, rather than saving it for a defensive cooldown as well.

If he vanishes and you feel confident you can get him with it, shockwave him. This Rogue also took combat readiness, so look for him to pop that defensive cooldown, if he couples this with elusiveness he will probably not be taking a lot of damage during that period. If it's 1 on 1, there isn't much you can do, but if you're in a team vs team situation focus someone else.

I just noticed you have bladestorm, and a LOT (I mean a VERY high percentage) of warriors are taking shockwave. It's an extra stun, and it can hit VERY hard at the same time. I highly recommend taking this talent.

Don't tunnel the rogue without paying attention, if he has cooldowns up and you are taking a lot of damage, snare him, and leap out of there for a bit, so that you can let the duration of his offensive cooldowns wear off. You are capable of kiting to a degree, so you can gain some distance and jump back in. If you're at 35% and below this serves a dual purpose of healing you up some.

I agree with another poster's suggestion, I'd consider Juggernaut.. it's nice to have that gap closer if he tries to kite you during your offensive cooldowns.
    Last edited by Shaderas; 2012-12-17 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    That simply should not be. A lone rogue is generally considered to be a free KB these days, especially if you're outgearing them. There's simply no way a rogue is doing more damage than a greater geared warrior. If you were on equal skill levels, you'd be laughing the fight off before your second wind ever activated. I'm trying as hard as I can to take this seriously.

I think it's about time to review the basics, honestly. Do you generally do poorly in BGs?
    no, I do fine in BG's. 1v1 is imbalanced. I need better gear

also the gear difference isnt that huge.
    Last edited by monkeydluffy; 2012-12-17 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but this is a l2p issue....you are more geared than the rogue, and the rogue isn't even gemming correctly. The state of warriors at the moment is very strong while the state of rogues is...pitiful honestly. You should have popped avatar+recklessness+crit banner then 3 shot her.