View Poll Results: Should Rep be account wide?

Voters
219. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I should only have to get rep one time

124 56.62%
  • No - I like leveling rep on each character

48 21.92%
  • Indifferent - People would still complain

47 21.46%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    God, I just want the XX Exalted Reputations to be account wide, idgaf about specific reps
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha... and this is the very reason why I quit the game... people kept wanting blizzard to make the game easier. What do people not understand that it's an entirely different character... so what's the point of making rep account wide??? You do it all on one character and then all your other characters don't have other things to do. This is the WRONG direction that WoW needs to go in. If you want rep on a character, do the dailies... blizzard won't always sit around and wipe your ass everytime you ask.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I agree with you mostly, but as I said in my post do you think all reps should be considered equal? Some reps give you raiding rewards basically for free, some unlock the ability to purchase said rewards. Others just give you discounts (which could be account-wide), and some reps serve no purpose at all other than for crazies to take years worth of their time to obtain.

I do think Profession Recipe "Lockers" would be a better account-bound thing than reputations though. And the reputation recipes are not the hard ones to get on alts, it's the world drops that sell for 10000g+ (some for 50k+)
    Yea reputations always either gave gear, pets, mounts, enchants or tabards. Gear becomes obsolete very quickly but if you already did the grind on one character I don't think it's necessary to do it again on an alt for gear especially since the gear costs valor / justice now instead of the old method of gold so the character still needs to grind the valor to get the gear. Reputations in Cataclysm and the previous expansions had head / shoulder enchants since those are gone there is no need to grind those specific reputations on every character now. Pets / mounts are account wide. And tabards had always been something they mentioned becoming account wide too, they just don't know how they'll do it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    God, I just want the XX Exalted Reputations to be account wide, idgaf about specific reps
    With them dropping the final one down to 60 from 70 I guess this isn't needed. I was at 67 before 5.1 on my main. One of my alts is revered with Oracles (while my main has frenzyheart) and another is part way through honored with bloodsail. Exalting those plus dominance offensive on my main would give my 70.

Main has all 4 steamwheedle reps exalted so I cant do bloodsail on him without losing those reps as credit toward X exalted reps.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-12-17 at 07:16 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

they recently implemented a thing where, upon reaching max rep with a faction, you can buy a BoA (real BoA) item that when used it increases all reps gained with the faction by 100% with all characters on the account. I think thats a good solution. We just need it to be available for all factions though, not just the Mop ones.

All very interesting points. While I don't care either way, I figure people are people and they will find something to complain about. The only other thing in the game I would not mind seeing change are secondary proffs. I would love it if Fishing, Cooking, and First Aid all scaled with your level like Lockpicking does now. Arch should still have to be individual just because of the rewards available. As for Rep, I am only after the recipes and mounts, raid gear is not a priority since I am casual. Plus, if I ever did need gear, I can always grind heroics or kill Sha. He's already given me boots and a necklace... so overall I am happy with that.

It was more or less just a thought running through my head. I figured a lot more people would have voted 3 than 1 lol

So far I am happy with the token idea, though I still am of the opinion that all alts should just automatically be at Revered when you get Exalted on an alt, and then you have to level the old fashioned way through Revered -> Exalted. I don't understand why this is an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    all this make *blank* account wide has to stop, its getting outta hand and all it does is actually reduce the fact your playing an alt, if your alts got credit for everything your main does than your not even gonna bother playing your alt cause its already done thanks to your mister main. wanna play an alt? than quit crying and bitching and go actually play the alt. don't wanna go through the grinds? well than boohoo the toon don't get the shiny rewards ah well, plenty other ways to get gear and other things to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringko View Post
    Yes! Make everything account-wide. Mounts, pets, achievements, reputation, character levels, gear, class specializations and abilities and whatever else you can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    No.

It is a Game.

Play it.
    Also, I think it's fucking funny that people skip to making shit account-wide instead of at least wishing for something less cheapening, such as a bonus for the rep your alts gain.

Anyway, it's no wonder is the retarded shit it is. I wouldn't be surprised if the devs actually did this. They've done far more cheapening things to WoW to brush off this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but not for the reason you put in the choices.

If Blizzard made all reputations account-wide, you KNOW they would do something to compensate, such as massively decreasing the amount of reputation you get per quest, which would really screw over people who only play 1-2 characters.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would love for it to be account wide. If it didn't take so long to get exalted with them I wouldn't mind, but because of the amount of dailies and the small amount of rep they each give I would prefer account wide.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    all this make *blank* account wide has to stop, its getting outta hand and all it does is actually reduce the fact your playing an alt, if your alts got credit for everything your main does than your not even gonna bother playing your alt cause its already done thanks to your mister main. wanna play an alt? than quit crying and bitching and go actually play the alt. don't wanna go through the grinds? well than boohoo the toon don't get the shiny rewards ah well, plenty other ways to get gear and other things to do.
    I like to play alts because the classes have different feels/rotations/playstyles/etc.

I don't play alts to regrind my reps to exalted.

If I grind reps to exalted on my main, I've "done the work". I fail to see how I would then be getting anything for "free"?

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    No, but not for the reason you put in the choices.

If Blizzard made all reputations account-wide, you KNOW they would do something to compensate, such as massively decreasing the amount of reputation you get per quest, which would really screw over people who only play 1-2 characters.
    Naw, you simply do something like the Tillers and the cooking ways. You have 6 different ways, each one needs to be leveled up. However, your actual COOKING skill only increases as much as the which way has the highest skill. If you grind one up to 595/600, your cooking skill is 595. If you then go to another Way, and get +5 points in that, your overall cooking skill is still only 595/600 until the skill level of your highest Way goes beyond 595.

Or shoot, you could just take the Grand Commendations and make them into a "It's Cool, Guys, He's with Me!" token that makes the factions treat alts like they would your main.

Basically, you can make it so you can't "double dip" rep gains by doing twice the dailies with 2 alts so there wouldn't be a need to penalize the current rep gain rate.

I leveled an alt after the recent changes to add the rep boost. Simply finishing all of Dread Wastes, and doing one day of Klaxi dailies that included a few follow ups, I am already at Revered (actually I'm 9382/21000). I am already at Honored (3765/12000) on Shado Pan, and I am pretty sure I have some regular quests I skipped that will help. Thats a really nice head start.

My problem is that I hated Golden Lotus, and there is no real head start on it. I would skip it, but it unfortunately is a pre-requisite for Shado Pan and August Cels (I think, I don't remember seeing them change that). I wouldn't mind doing them again, or doing August Cels first since I don't hate those just yet, but Golden Lotus is just painful too me at this point. The day I got it to Exalted I almost wept with relief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indifferent - People would still complain

People would then just complain about how theres no character progression or something stupid like that.

No - not account wide, however I think you should get leakage to alts on the same account.

Basically - for every character that has exalted on rep X, the baseline rep for that faction goes up by 1 (to a maximum baseline of revered).

So if you are Exalted on 1 toon with Golden Lotus, then you baseline at Friendly not Neutral on all other toons, until you get 2 at exalted when you baseline at Honoured (i.e. other alts will get an instant boost).

Effectively - your account becomes a 'faction', and each of your faction members helps a little with the reputation of other faction members.

Well I'm totally for it!

Deleted
    I'm ok with the +100% rep after revered already, keeping dread wastes quests undone on my alt untill i get revered on my main tommorow.
    I'm not doing any dailies after that, i hate them with a passion and i'll use my Vp to upgrade items.

Maybe they should make the exhalted tabard acountbound and make it work like the ones in wotlk and cata, so you still have the connection to the faction (like they wanted) but only on the main char. You can go grind away on your alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they need to work on a way that can accomodate players with alts and
    still keep a little bit of grinding.

Maybe set it up where you get X amount more rep per alt, but only if you already
    have one character at exalted?

Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    I'm not doing any dailies after that, i hate them with a passion and i'll use my Vp to upgrade items.

Maybe they should make the exhalted tabard acountbound and make it work like the ones in wotlk and cata,
    One thing I really don't understand - why people have so much issue with doing 50 different things over and over (dailies), but have no issue doing 10 things over and over again (dungeons) to gain rep ?

Seems like dailies have more variety, less stress and way lower waiting times.

Deleted
    WoW lacks the community driven ingame drama so Blizzard constantly needs to create content & stretch it to oblivion (weekly IDs, low drop chances). If they removed the IDs completly, people would rush through their endgame in one week. But right now: to not fall behind you need to do the boring dailies everyday & raid every week even if you do not have much time that week. Also, killing the same bosses (everytime a bit faster because of gear progression) every week is just boring. After you fulfill your weekly tasks you can either play other games, idle or do some unbalanced pvp for the rest of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    To quote an oft-used phrase around here and elsewhere, making rep an account-wide thing would be very alt-unfriendly. No real reason to play them in that situation.

I'm indifferent to it personally but think that people would still dislike doing reputation grinds and continue to complain about them. So it solves nothing really except that it makes it even more likely that you just play your main all the time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."