Deleted

Elegon 10 HC min max help.

Hello.

On Wed my guild and I are going to go to do Elegon HC. As this is my favorite fight of the tier, I really want to do awesome, and min max as much as possible.

I am (on normal) keeping dots on Elegon and protectors when up, getting 0 shards (normally with 1 stored in SB and only drain souling in last second of protectors dying).

I am not sure if I should use MF or KJC. There really are not much moving. However, I doubt I can spam Seed on p2 with Mannoroth as a tank really can't solo it (Maybe with SB-SS to it?) Any experienced with that?

With KJC, I would time 1 Soul burn Seed and 1 normal Seed when adds spawn, for max Corruptions on everyone.

In p3, I normally dot all pillars, and keeps dots up on maximum adds, but always having it as highest prio to have 4 soul shards going into p1.

I heard that you can't use Doomguard, cause of the LoS. Is using them on a pillar or the adds (If many) best? Also, would Infernal work, if spawned within the realm?

I'm pretty sure it's recommended to MF SBSoC/SoC spam even on 10 man heroic for phase 2. I know I didn't myself for our kill last night since I didn't want to do anything other then straight progression, but you may find it even helps the group as a whole since you'll be knocking somewhere around 20-30% of health off every charge. My friend recommends that you use terrorguard on the transition into phase 3 on the adds since it cleaves onto the boss too. I believe he's done some 210+ parses using this strategy(terrorguard/MF on 10 man heroic).

Deleted
    ALWAYS go for MF for elegon heroic, you'll get a great dps increase and it will help the raid massively.

For his first draw power, keep dots up on elegon and keep your normal rotation (you've probably just finished drainsouling the last protector so you should have full shards)
    Wait for his cast to reach 3 seconds then SB:SoC on him and then start spamming SoC, the 50% buff will cause the seeds to explode instantly, putting corruption on all the energy charges. This will give you a lot of nightfall procs so you shouldn't run out of shards. If like my raid the charges die before he finishes his upwards cast of the next draw power, just fill in with some MG or refresh your dots up with SB:SS. As soon as he starts his downward cast use another SB:SoC etc, repeat until pillars spawn.

Doing this allowed my team to get 5 waves of charges down each time.

make sure you aren't assigned to an add and spam the shit out of seed of corruption

1 half will get a lot longer on the boss and the other half will still get all adds down

we do 5 adds each on heroic

Deleted
    Same here, 5 on heroic both phases. We have both tanks on 1 spark and 1 dps on the other 5. I just spam the AE and it works fine.

Deleted
    Since there is Los between inside and outside, make sure you drain soul the protector before it's taken out for the explosion.

Just to be clear - for Heroic 10, you can only do the MF strat if you're not assigned to a spark correct? We get 5 and 5 each time as is, wondering how far we could take it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    Same here, 5 on heroic both phases. We have both tanks on 1 spark and 1 dps on the other 5. I just spam the AE and it works fine.
    Great. Thanks for all the replies. I am raid leading, but my fellow officers were accusing me of wanting to meterpadding, aka just to get highest numbers. I can show them this thread, to assist my argument thats its best for the group ! We also have a DK spreading diseases, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Great. Thanks for all the replies. I am raid leading, but my fellow officers were accusing me of wanting to meterpadding, aka just to get highest numbers. I can show them this thread, to assist my argument thats its best for the group ! We also have a DK spreading diseases, etc.
    If you're getting backtalk from others about the strat, do 2 pulls, 1 with you on the adds directly and 1 with SoC spam, and go compare the logs for damage done TO charges (analyze damage done, target). You should see your DPS spike SHARPLY on every charge set with SoC, and only a little bit without. Even attacking one (10N) the SB:SoC does the majority of my add damage (and I insist on borrowing a tank).

Between SoCs and diseases you shouldn't have much trouble.