Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Reforge - Reforginator vs. AskMrRobot

Hello,

I am currently trying to find out whether I should use the addon Reforgenator or AskMrRobot.com when reforging gear.

Both are stating different reforges.

Currently I am hit and expertise capped, but in my own opinion I am lacking some mastery.
    My armory can be seen here.

What do you guys think?

If you are using Reforgenator I know for a fact you can go to Noxxic.com and get the stat priorities for your class. Then just create your own reforge module from within the addon and it should calculate the best results. For bear tanking it had me still trying to reforge everything into dodge(which is out-dated). Instead, I made my own module and placed the rules in order of stats listed from the website. Hope this helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforge Lite also lets you play with stat weights. You can tell it to give you hit and expertise to particular values then work your way down the rest of the stats in order and you can move lower stats up the list so that they are ordered correctly. Any of the stats can be assigned a value so you can do something like this... reforge to get me to hit and exp cap, then haste to a certain value, then crit, mastery.

I don't know about feral, but Askmrrobot invents some mysterious spirit buff and calculates the spell hit wrong for my boomie. I would stick to the addon.

wowrefoge.com is a good source that has correct stat weights for our scondary stats. We are in the process of working with AskMrRobot to update theirs (currently Mastery is favored to high vs Agility).

You should use your own stat weights, using the defaults for either will be wrong.

Hi,

i have to recommend you wowreforge.com, mrrobot is pretty much useless for me (balance, tank) and i dont like addons wich i dont use on daily basis. So try it..u can set your personal caps and if you have any upgraded item, then you can manualy set the stats on it...have fun

15+ Year Old Account
    Just go with ReforgeLite addon for in game and don't even bother with websites. It takes all the gear you're wearing complete with gems and enchants and figures out your maximum possible reforge.

It has a simple mode where you can input stat priorities (Str > hit > exp etc).

It has an advanced mode that lets you input stat weights (Str = 200, etc). I like to use this mode because often times in the simple mode it will try to bump your most important stat too much if it's not all that important, so say if haste is only slightly better than crit you can set haste to 160 and crit to 150.

You can set breakpoints so if for example haste is only good up to a certain amount you can tell it to not take your haste higher.

It has some presets for stat weights based off of sites like elitistjerks, and while it does update frequently it can sometimes be wrong.

When it comes to hit and expertise, it will get you within 0.05% of your hit cap so you waste as few points as possible, plus it does all your reforging to min max with a couple of clicks.

Seriously, get Reforgelite, it's the best possible ingame addon for reforging there is.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2012-12-17 at 09:43 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Just go with ReforgeLite addon for in game and don't even bother with websites. It takes all the gear you're wearing complete with gems and enchants and figures out your maximum possible reforge.

It has a simple mode where you can input stat priorities (Str > hit > exp etc).

It has an advanced mode that lets you input stat weights (Str = 200, etc). I like to use this mode because often times in the simple mode it will try to bump your most important stat too much if it's not all that important, so say if haste is only slightly better than crit you can set haste to 160 and crit to 150.

You can set breakpoints so if for example haste is only good up to a certain amount you can tell it to not take your haste higher.

It has some presets for stat weights based off of sites like elitistjerks, and while it does update frequently it can sometimes be wrong.

When it comes to hit and expertise, it will get you within 0.05% of your hit cap so you waste as few points as possible, plus it does all your reforging to min max with a couple of clicks.

Seriously, get Reforgelite, it's the best possible ingame addon for reforging there is.
    However you defend Reforgelite, at the end of the day you can't compare a limited lua addon with the powerful algorithms wowreforge.com uses as a website. I used it for a few days until wowreforge would support item upgrades and it would drive me nuts knowing that a better reforge combination would be a few "Calculate" buttons after what I already used.

Auloria, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. Can you give me your character name and realm so I can see what's going on with the spell power calculation? One thing to note: we add any expertise into your spell hit value, but the armory does NOT. (In game it should give you the right number though). I wonder if that's it?

We also let you upgrade gear on our site, so those values are reflected in our final stats (but they are NOT reflected in your armory stats).

Also, as Tinderhoof said, we're working with a few of our favorite druid theorycrafters to improve our default stat weights for them. You can always customize the stat weights on your own (click the edit weights button). But we still want to get those defaults updated a bit as well.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    However you defend Reforgelite, at the end of the day you can't compare a limited lua addon with the powerful algorithms wowreforge.com uses as a website. I used it for a few days until wowreforge would support item upgrades and it would drive me nuts knowing that a better reforge combination would be a few "Calculate" buttons after what I already used.
    At the end of the day, Reforgelite does the exact same thing and does it in game automatically for you in game. I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to, unless you mean the fact that wowreforge gives you multiple outputs of possible reforges and reforgelite only gives you one at a time, but in the vast majority of cases there is only one reforge for yourself that is obviously the best, and if there are a few slight variations you can find them all within 5 clicks of the calculate button.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    As people said before, don't rely on either of them, go to elitistjerks, or even better, a class specific website (like howtopriest.com) and get your stat weights there. Don't go to icyveins or norxxis or similar general knowledge sites, they are made for mass consumption and will not give you anything near optimal results.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    You should use your own stat weights, using the defaults for either will be wrong.
    This. Default stats (Noxxic, MrRobot) gives you a vague idea of wich is better overall. In reality, those weights will be constantly fluctuating around those "defaults", but never fixed. The most common alteration comes when reaching a haste breackpoint, the other two stats (crit/mastery) tend to inflate in some way until haste is reaching a new breakpoint.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster; 2012-12-18 at 03:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use ReforgeLite as an Addon, and yeah, you have to calculate it a few times.

On top of that, I build my own stat weights based on my own specific character that I get from WrathCalcs. This is obviously for balance, but I think there's TreeCalcs as well at least for resto.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    As people said before, don't rely on either of them, go to elitistjerks, or even better, a class specific website (like howtopriest.com) and get your stat weights there. Don't go to icyveins or norxxis or similar general knowledge sites, they are made for mass consumption and will not give you anything near optimal results.
    Don't do this, either. As I said above, download a sim and get YOUR character's own stat weights. Anything you find on a website will be generalized and not optimal for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    However you defend Reforgelite, at the end of the day you can't compare a limited lua addon with the powerful algorithms wowreforge.com uses as a website.
    What "powerful algorithms" are you talking about? You can't be serious.
    There are 15 items in your equipment. And both "limited lua addon" and "powerful algorithms wowreforge.com" do absolutely the same. They try to reforge 2 stats of every single item and calculate the overall result using given stat weights.
    Its extremely primitive task.

And even more, you can't do it "wrong". Both wowreforge and reforgelite will give you absolutely the same results (obviously unless you use different stat weights).

So if you want to reforge all of your items manually, one by one, alt tabing from wowreforge to your client - go for it.
    If you want to reforge simple and fast, use reforgelite. You press one button - it reforges all the items for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    What "powerful algorithms" are you talking about? You can't be serious.
    Oh but he is. Reforging is a NP-Complete problem. This means that there is no way to quickly find the solution to the problem (being 'optimal reforges') without trying out all possible solutions. However, that takes a lot of computing power and hence a lot of time. (Several minutes in fact.) Have you ever waited that long for wowreforge, reforgelite or mr robot to complete?

No of course not. Cause they use algorithms to approximate the optimal reforges. They trade accuracy for speed.

The only tool (that I know of) that actually takes a brute-forge approach to reforging (and hence will find the optimal solution) is
    http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t115053-...reforger_tool/

Simcraft still a viable way to work out stat weights?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
    Oh but he is. Reforging is a NP-Complete problem. This means that there is no way to quickly find the solution to the problem (being 'optimal reforges') without trying out all possible solutions. However, that takes a lot of computing power and hence a lot of time. (Several minutes in fact.) Have you ever waited that long for wowreforge, reforgelite or mr robot to complete?

No of course not. Cause they use algorithms to approximate the optimal reforges. They trade accuracy for speed.

The only tool (that I know of) that actually takes a brute-forge approach to reforging (and hence will find the optimal solution) is
    http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t115053-...reforger_tool/
    Thank you.

Also @ traen: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgerade

I'm not masochistic, I just don't like to play hide and seek with my best options.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Simcraft still a viable way to work out stat weights?
    Where do you think all the other websites, i.e. EJ/Noxxic etc, get them from?