Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Torn between gaming headsets.

Hello all
    I've posted a post about suggestions for gaming headsets that are super comfy for an extended period of time.(Around 5-6 hours) and blocks out background noises(I play in my living room).
    Thanks to you guys I've narrowed down my choices to Logitech g35 or g930(Is the wireless feature really worth the extra 50-70 dollars? Sometimes I hear wireless is a bad thing. I've also heard that the g930 are more comfortable than the g35 even though they are basically the same headsets/Also I heard the build quality on these are poor)
    Plantronics 777/780(I heard they were abit too big,I am a 14-year old pipsquek about 1.48m tall. My head is medium sized head and I've heard some complaints on amazon about it being uncomfortable.)
    Lastly the Steelseries siberia v2/v1. I heard these are very comfy for long sessions of gameplay.(Just what I need but I also hear it picks up background noises too.)
    I've been saving up for about 3 months for a new pair of headsets. I really don't want to throw it down the drain :/.

Any help is greatly appreciated,Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Bynaric; 2012-12-17 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Siberia v2 is a safe choice tbh :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Siberia v2 is a safe choice tbh :>
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I hear it's very very comfortable.

Deleted
    G35? :P Or honestly just get a Sennheiser 360 PC. The best of the best in headsets.

Sorry, don't know about the headsets you are mentioning.

I have a G35 and it's just a sturdy awesome, good sound quality headset. But 360PC from Sennheiser is supposed to be better(and pricier too)

Deleted
    Imo any gaming headset is largely overpriced, buy yourself some proper headphones, they will surpass any gaming headset at the same price and then buy a clip on mic you can attach to your cable and voila you have a 'headset' for cheaper money and is better quality.

Sennheiser HD-515 or 555 is excellent choices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Labze View Post
    Imo any gaming headset is largely overpriced, buy yourself some proper headphones, they will surpass any gaming headset at the same price and then buy a clip on mic you can attach to your cable and voila you have a 'headset' for cheaper money and is better quality.

Sennheiser HD-515 or 555 is excellent choices.
    I KNEW somebody would say that. Haha, it's a bread and butter reply in these forums these days.

Never tried headphones+ mic, but I believe you guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I KNEW somebody would say that. Haha, it's a bread and butter reply in these forums these days.

Never tried headphones+ mic, but I believe you guys.
    Works like a charm, especially because i always broke my mics on gaming headsets Anyway if i'm not mistaken, the sennheiser PC360 which costs around 190 dollars i think, contains the same speaker drivers as HD 515 which costs around 110, a mic costs like 5 bucks. Thats a saving of about 75 dollars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Labze View Post
    Works like a charm, especially because i always broke my mics on gaming headsets Anyway if i'm not mistaken, the sennheiser PC360 which costs around 190 dollars i think, contains the same speaker drivers as HD 515 which costs around 110, a mic costs like 5 bucks. Thats a saving of about 75 dollars
    I know, but I like having my mic on/attached completely to the headset, makes things easier!

Besides, G35 has voice changing software and just looks awesome.

I gladly paid 100 euro's for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, but I like having my mic on/attached completely to the headset, makes things easier!

Besides, G35 has voice changing software and just looks awesome.

I gladly paid 100 euro's for it!
    Hell yeah! the voice morph! I sound like a little girl on the mic. I think I made up my mind here XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bynaric View Post
    Hell yeah! the voice morph! I sound like a little girl on the mic. I think I made up my mind here XD
    What really? Haha, epic. But the voice morph isn't anything special, they are funny voices like chipmunk, giant, robot, alien and soforth.

I bought Genius GX Gaming headset - CAVIMANUS HS-G700V this week and so far they are pretty good...comfy and the sound/mic quality is also great. 7.1 sound emulation with vibration bass boost (lol idd, but its quite interesting ). Bought them mainly cause they are pretty cheap and i always destroy my headset somehow, so would be waste to buy some expensive one and surprisingly i love them. Dont know if you can get them in NZ, but i would consider them instead of wasting 100+dollars for something which 40 dollar piece can do with same quality especially if its just for gaming.

this is just my opinion...

10+ Year Old Account
    What really? Haha, epic. But the voice morph isn't anything special, they are funny voices like chipmunk, giant, robot, alien and soforth.
    Yeah currently i found a g930 for 10 dollars more? would you recommend it? the g35 seems like a more safer choice since wireless is a 50/50 thing.

My friend got a genius gaming headset for like 70 dolalrs. I don't think its 7.1 but he says it's pretty good.

Deleted
    If its got be one of those two I stick with the G35.

Deleted
    Yeah currently i found a g930 for 10 dollars more? would you recommend it? the g35 seems like a more safer choice since wireless is a 50/50 thing.

My friend got a genius gaming headset for like 70 dolalrs. I don't think its 7.1 but he says it's pretty good.
    G35. Wireless is a no no for me. Besides, 7.1 is on G35 too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright. going to order the g35. Anyone know how to spend paypal balance by the way? Me and my dad has no idea lol.

Deleted
    Alright. going to order the g35. Anyone know how to spend paypal balance by the way? Me and my dad has no idea lol.
    Don't know, never used it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know, never used it.
    its ok hehe, Thanks again. hopefully I wont have any regrets with this

Deleted
    its ok hehe, Thanks again. hopefully I wont have any regrets with this
    Look up reviews on it on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way how long have you had yours for? I hear it breaks after some use

Deleted
    By the way how long have you had yours for? I hear it breaks after some use
    Now? A year.

How can it break? It's fucking metal. :O

Altough I don't know how they break them, the comments are ironic. You would have to throw them around for them to break. Sturdy build really.

Only 1 downside I have experienced so far, the cable will curl very quick, kinda annoying but nothing major otherwise.

Also, some units will break, you never know if those people are not careful with their items, google for any headset, you will have users of any headset reporting it broken.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-12-18 at 02:05 AM.