Deleted

How far should flirting go?

I'm curious to see people's opinions on this. I'm friends with a girl and lately there's been a lot of casual flirtation on both sides, but of course it develops further and further and eventually I find myself wondering "Where are the lines here, what's appropriate and what's not?" Do you feel there are boundaries to this sort of thing? Things that should be kept personal. Or do you feel like the sky's the limit if both parties are over any awkward feelings and are usually very honest with each other anyway.

Straight to the sheets or bust

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Straight to the sheets or bust
    I think you mean "and".

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    I'm curious to see people's opinions on this. I'm friends with a girl and lately there's been a lot of casual flirtation on both sides, but of course it develops further and further and eventually I find myself wondering "Where are the lines here, what's appropriate and what's not?" Do you feel there are boundaries to this sort of thing? Things that should be kept personal. Or do you feel like the sky's the limit if both parties are over any awkward feelings and are usually very honest with each other anyway.
    This kind of intrigues me as well. Probably somewhere in the "touching" zone. I've had female friends who I've slapped their asses before (it was really nice what can I say?) and it still remained friendly and playful. If that touch ever becomes a caress....I would be careful.

Depends on the people involved, the friendship, if either party has a partner etc. I have one female friend I flirt a lot with (though I can't imagine dating her), but she flirts back and it's all fun and games. When it comes to the level of physical contact, I would say it's very situational. If you want to just remain friends though it's better to play it safe than sorry.

Well, you have to be careful. Sometimes people are uncomfortable telling you what their boundaries are until you go way too far, and then the friendship is tainted.

Deleted
    depends how far it goes. I know one couple who started out this way. Friends for years then started flirting like crazy. This escalated over the period of 6 months leading to some damned heavy caressing that had everyone talking. They both wanted each other but where both too chicken to put their hearts on the line. In the end we got them blind drunk and locked them in a bedroom ^_^ (they now are happilly married with 2 kids)

10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends on the individual, really. Some people are totally okay with being touched more than others are, and conversely some people don't like any physical contact they don't initiate. My advice, test the waters and if she starts dropping hints that it's not welcome, (metaphorically speaking) take a step back and return to her comfort zone.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

If its both obvious to the both of you, just do something about it!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You really do have to 'feel it out' for yourself. Some people who truly have an interest would just continue flirting until they gave up - they just can't come out and say, "Let's go out," or "I want to sleep you." On the flip side, some people just like to flirt and would be happy to continue flirting playfully. If you're happy with the way things are, continue. Don't do anything before they do; if they touch your arms then that's a safe zone, if they tickle you, tickle back, etc. If you would like for things to go further, ask!

Does she do it to everyone else or just you? Should be the main indicator.

My cut-off is where the emotions start. Would I be upset if he suddenly turned up with a girlfriend? If no, it's all good. If yes, then the flirting has gone beyond harmless fun. At that point, you need to figure out whether you want to push for more and see just where it can go, or back off a little.