Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Whats with people getting on their high horses and start to feel offended because people aren't enjoying the game anymore?
    No one here is offended by that. We are "offended" because people are pulling facts from opinions.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post

Anyway, you always say people are quitting in "droves" but never support it. And you are ignoring every other feature MoP has and singling out dailies.
    You might as well give up and let people have their way. It has been like this forever. People will claim something like "subs dropped by a million" or "If you ask me it is 6 million tops" and then Blizzard releases a bumber of 9 or 10 million and people will post "They lie" or "They count this and that and they shouldn't".

WoW keeping unprecedented sub numbers over 8 years gets more flak than SWTOR starting with 2 mill and then plummeting to F2P in a year or Rift going from 600k to 250k. It just is like that. People like to see the mighty fall.

(source: http://mmodata.net/)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

We'll know in late January or early February (can't remember when the next meeting takes place). Until then, who really gives a crap what other people do with their freetime?
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The game is under 9 million subscribers by now. There are plenty of hints pointing in that direction and we all know that:

http://i.redsnapperverytasty.com/gra...plete-data.jpg
    I dare say its exactly 8.732.719

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Things you are intentionally ignoring, Xpac was released 3 months before Christmas, do you REALLY think they aren't going to have a Christmas sale on their newest expansion? Really?
    Uhhhhh did you buy the last two expansions? Wrath came out in November and Cata came out in December. Both of those were never discounted like MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    When mope came out, Blizzard was all like "hey look we are over 10mil again!" But they haven't posted anything since then, and I wouldn't expect them to until their next conference call, which I am not sure when it is.

Indicators point to another fall in subs though, for what that's worth.
    ... And you are still here because...?
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You might as well give up and let people have their way. It has been like this forever. People will claim something like "subs dropped by a million" or "If you ask me it is 6 million tops" and then Blizzard releases a bumber of 9 or 10 million and people will post "They lie" or "They count this and that and they shouldn't".

WoW keeping unprecedented sub numbers over 8 years gets more flak than SWTOR starting with 2 mill and then plummeting to F2P in a year or Rift going from 600k to 250k. It just is like that. People like to see the mighty fall.

(source: http://mmodata.net/)
    Don't trust that site, since the trackbaser says WoW never went below 10million, which isnt true, not that i hate WoW, but thats a fact :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pray tell me, what evidence do you have that "indications point to another fall in subs"? Please don't use any anecdotal evidence like "my friends stopped playing"
    Just look at the game critic on pages like IGN, Metacritic, Amazon, etc. Also the forums in WoW and here may indicate the rate of players who like the game and dislike it. I don't think the subs will fall on the last quarter this year, but it may fall next year after December peak. So far and after reading a lot about the game on other pages, negative reviews are higher with really valid points, the game right now is not a 10/10, it's around 7/10 or 8/10, the only thing that keep it alive is the WoW popularity that gained with the years, but highly questioned by the failure on the endgame (and believe it or not, D3 failure is also the cause of many gamers that stopped believing in Blizzard work).

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What's mope? Never heard of it.

As for World of Warcraft, do you have any evidence to back up people "quitting in droves"? That is what I'm talking about. People just spouting off this stuff with 0 evidence to back it up.
    One here: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria
    http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft...owViewpoints=0
    Last edited by Necrosaro123; 2012-12-18 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Uhhhhh did you buy the last two expansions? Wrath came out in November and Cata came out in December. Both of those were never discounted like MoP.
    They weren't discounted for Christmas because they were just released. Pretty sure they were discounted a few months after release though.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 10:03 AM ----------

lmao. I can't access metacritic from work but really? An amazon review board, with 137 reviews, where more than half gave 4-5 stars...that's your evidence that "people are quitting in droves"? Thanks, I needed a good belly laugh.

Also I thought that Metacritic wasn't really taken seriously by anyone?
    Last edited by Dasffion; 2012-12-18 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    6 of my guild are inactive so all their members quit the game... what?

no seriously I rerolled alliance on a different server so clearly I quit the game too because you can't see me in the guild we used to be together in! maybe you were part of the reason too...

my neighbor is dead because I haven't seen his car in a week, I mean his car was always there. LOGIX DUHR KE DUR

That was pure win. Seriously.

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    It wouldn't surprise me if subs went up, because this expansion has had a lot of positive feedback in relation to Cataclysm, with the negative feedback being primarily limited to pvp and people whining about dailies. Nor would it surprise me if it went down, since subs often drop shortly after an expansion release for all the people that placed shortly after release to try it out with no intention of staying, or because they got to the cap and lost interest.

I think the relevant question isn't whether subs went up or down, but whether the number was a substantial change. That none of us can say except Blizzard; it's very hard to project from anecdotal evidence. My gut feeling is subs haven't changed all that much, whatever the direction of change may be.

Personally, I haven't had a single friend stop playing since the expansion started. That might not mean subs are stable or increasing, but it does mean I am enjoying playing with my friends a lot more!
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    They weren't discounted for Christmas because they were just released. Pretty sure they were discounted a few months after release though.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 10:03 AM ----------

lmao. I can't access metacritic from work but really? An amazon review board, with 137 reviews, where more than half gave 4-5 stars...that's your evidence that "people are quitting in droves"? Thanks, I needed a good belly laugh.

Also I thought that Metacritic wasn't really taken seriously by anyone?
    Did you even read the Amazon reviews? don't troll please.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if subs went up, because this expansion has had a lot of positive feedback in relation to Cataclysm, with the negative feedback being primarily limited to pvp and people whining about dailies. Nor would it surprise me if it went down, since subs often drop shortly after an expansion release for all the people that placed shortly after release to try it out with no intention of staying, or because they got to the cap and lost interest.

I think the relevant question isn't whether subs went up or down, but whether the number was a substantial change. That none of us can say except Blizzard; it's very hard to project from anecdotal evidence. My gut feeling is subs haven't changed all that much, whatever the direction of change may be.

Personally, I haven't had a single friend stop playing since the expansion started. That might not mean subs are stable or increasing, but it does mean I am enjoying playing with my friends a lot more!
    Subs will go up, but only because of the increased number of under age players and teenagers, right now on LA realms, the number of players has increased, but now you can see a lot of trolls on the trade channel. The mature community has lowered, and because of that, the number of successful attempts on raid bosses and random heroics, also you can hear those childish voices on the Raidcall and Ventrilo every time we are going to do a raid (different guilds). The problem will come after January when those guys enter school or when they have to pay the subs.

Most of the negative reviews on most pages (posted above) are from mature players and old WoW veterans who are already tired of the game.

I dont recall them being discounted too shortly after like MoP has. The game was thriving with a lot of momentum going into each expansion.

The sales to me seem like something owners do with a bad sports team. Nobody is willing to pay full price to see a bad product so the owner drops the price of tickets so they can make some money over none.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Did you even read the Amazon reviews? don't troll please.
    Do I need to read the reviews? Even if they were all bad 137/10000000= 0.000000137% How is that trolling? That is telling you that you're not providing evidence.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    I dont recall them being discounted too shortly after like MoP has. The game was thriving with a lot of momentum going into each expansion.

The sales to me seem like something owners do with a bad sports team. Nobody is willing to pay full price to see a bad product so the owner drops the price of tickets so they can make some money over none.
    You may not remember that doesn't mean that they didn't. Games are discounted all the time though, even extremely popular games. It doesn't make them bad.

are people surprised subs will drop a bit? its normal for the subs to peak just after an expac release, then drop again, people act like this means the game is failing. its to be expected.
    Too cool for a signature

Our guild had to split off a new guild for crafting alts to keep under the 1000 person member cap. And we're bumping up it again, from all the people returning to play.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

For those who think blizzard is advertising to much and think WoW is losing subs thats the reason they do it, i think Blizzard is being very clever.
    Nowadays gamers will wait with buying a game, because they wanne hear the feedback.
    And blizzard is delivering the feedback in these commercials like 'best expansion yet' thats a big positive feedback which can grab new and old players.

Blizzard isn't stupid

Do I need to read the reviews? Even if they were all bad 137/10000000= 0.000000137% How is that trolling? That is telling you that you're not providing evidence.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 10:25 AM ----------

You may not remember that doesn't mean that they didn't. Games are discounted all the time though, even extremely popular games. It doesn't make them bad.
    The evidence is there, but you are too lazy to read it.

Only 56 on 5/5 and 58 under 3/5.

5 star: (56), 4 star: (23), 3 star: (12), 2 star: (12), 1 star: (34)

Let me help with some of them, from the most voted:

4/5: Arrived faster than expected: It came sooner than the estimated date, in good condition. Awesome deal for Black Friday. Would have been nice to just get the code, instead of waiting for the disc to arrive, since nothing really needed to be installed since the last patch.

3/5: A True Review by Dragu : I have played many MMO's throughout my time and have played WOW since 04 release date, there are many pros and cons to the changes that wow has made, ill list them as follows:
    Pros:
    Everyone likes a new race so we at least get a completely new race to play with. Monk class is actually a blast to play as well.
    The areas are beautiful to look at and huge at that!
    Wow still stays at its roots to a certain extent, as far as gameplay, hit a button theres an attack, no diving life guild wars 2
    The new pet system is welcomed
    A completely new island is always fun to explore and its huge so lots to do
    The dungeons are still great and well made

Essentially it's what you expect out of a world of warcraft game. It's not revolutionary but it hasn't changed to the point where it's a completely different game. There are many that are already bored and for some reason they thought it was going to change the whole game for a completely different feel. Know that this is classic world of warcraft with a crappy leveling system. There are many perks and the game is still fun but at some point quest to quest hoping as quick as possible feels like a grind fest. I honestly don't know anyone who reads the quest line.
    Cons:
    The leveling system is just horrid!! 6 talents for 90 levels could have been the worst thing world of warcraft has done to its game. There is absolutely no incentive/fun in leveling a toon at all now. Every 15 levels you get to pick 1 skill is ridicules!
    I said a new race was nice the only problem is that the new race is a Panda, yes I know pandas have been in the story since the 90s, but that could be the reason no one ever read the stories. Pandas are not a good addition whatsoever; it makes you feel like you're playing a Childs game.
    Graphics have been improved but another problem is that framerate in different areas are really bad, and I know it's because there are lots of people in area, but is it odd that guild wars 2 framerate stayed constant even in the heaviest areas meanwhile an 8 year old polished game frames drop and some latency issues.

---Overall if you were a wow player that loved the game but just got bored because of LACK OF CONTENT then you most likely will enjoy this expansion, you may not agree with all the changes but the game does a great job of introducing a lot of new dungeons and features. But if you're a wow player that got bored of the gameplay itself then you will defiantly not enjoy this game, because in my opinion gameplay has not changed and the talent system is horrid. It seems to me that blizzard is focusing more on PVP this expansion and getting ready for a new MMO. But only Future will tell.

1/5: Mist of Dailycraft: This expansion is so gated. The raids are gates even the crafting and reputation are gated. It's obvious, the developers went the route of gating every thing in order to prolong the content. Doing dailies every freaking day is required if you want to get any thing done. You need to do dailies to be able to spend your JP/VP. You need to do dailies to gain reputations with factions for pve items. You need to do dailies to unlock the dailies to grind dailies for another factions reputation. Dailies dailies dailies every day.Plus, Blizzard hasn't introduce an option to not join CRR, then there is the kids factor about this expansion and a big divergence from the death, destruction, and dark themes of the previous expansions.
    --------------------------------------

I hope you read them.... (the 5/5 was not the most voted)

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    are people surprised subs will drop a bit? its normal for the subs to peak just after an expac release, then drop again, people act like this means the game is failing. its to be expected.
    Actually that didn't happen with TBC or Wrath only Cata.

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Subs will go up, but only because of the increased number of under age players and teenagers, right now on LA realms, the number of players has increased, but now you can see a lot of trolls on the trade channel. The mature community has lowered, and because of that, the number of successful attempts on raid bosses and random heroics, also you can hear those childish voices on the Raidcall and Ventrilo every time we are going to do a raid (different guilds). The problem will come after January when those guys enter school or when they have to pay the subs.

Most of the negative reviews on most pages (posted above) are from mature players and old WoW veterans who are already tired of the game.
    That sounds like a lot of random conjecture to me. It is reaching enough to project subs without any legitimate data whateversoever, it's even more ridiculous to start talking about demographics of trolls and "mature" players among the current subscriptions. Subscriptions are at least something we can eventually get hard data on from Blizzard, while bizarre claims like that will never have a source because that's not even something one can track.

Personally, I require something more than "some random dude on the internet said so" as citation.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma