Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

WoW subscription numbers

I haven't seen any news/updates on subs in wow, lately.

I'm curious as to whether things are moving up or down.

If it's been covered recently, would someone mind posting the info?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    I haven't seen any news/updates on subs in wow, lately.

I'm curious as to whether things are moving up or down.

If it's been covered recently, would someone mind posting the info?

Thanks.
    Won't see any for a few more months I think. Also why in the hell must a thread like this pop up every month?

Last time there was a subscription numbers update they were moving up, at 10+ million.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

When mope came out, Blizzard was all like "hey look we are over 10mil again!" But they haven't posted anything since then, and I wouldn't expect them to until their next conference call, which I am not sure when it is.

Indicators point to another fall in subs though, for what that's worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    When mope came out, Blizzard was all like "hey look we are over 10mil again!" But they haven't posted anything since then, and I wouldn't expect them to until their next conference call, which I am not sure when it is.

That call will be in feb

A: Please, every single time you come in talking about MoP, you call it fucking "mope". Stop it.
    B: Want to know why they posted they had 10m then and haven't anything since? Because they were losing subs and were happy to get back to 10m shared it with everyone. We the players, or so I hope, like to see the game back up there so it would make sense to release the numbers then.
    C: There are no indicators other than you going to every thread saying the game is dying or it's terrible. If there are indicators, go away and back up your claim.

inb4 fanboy

10+ Year Old Account

Pray tell me, what evidence do you have that "indications point to another fall in subs"? Please don't use any anecdotal evidence like "my friends stopped playing"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    A: Please, every single time you come in talking about MoP, you call it fucking "mope". Stop it.
    B: Want to know why they posted they had 10m then and haven't anything since? Because they were losing subs and were happy to get back to 10m shared it with everyone. We the players, or so I hope, like to see the game back up there so it would make sense to release the numbers then.
    C: There are no indicators other than you going to every thread saying the game is dying or it's terrible. If there are indicators, go away and back up your claim.

inb4 fanboy

I would say I have seen a decline about 30 days after mope came out. My 70% of the 6 guilds I am in have quit playing. I have a real id list full of people that quit. In fact I unsubed the first time ever since I started playing in bc. I think mope is burning out people quicker than anything other xpacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I would say I have seen a decline about 30 days after mope came out. My 70% of the 6 guilds I am in have quit playing. I have a real id list full of people that quit. In fact I unsubed the first time ever since I started playing in bc. I think mope is burning out people quicker than anything other xpacs.
    Really 6 guilds? And 70% of them? Don't you know 66% of all percents are made up on the spot. Also, please refer to Darsithis's post about your friends.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, they were obviously happy to be over 10 million subs (they worked very hard to get there). They basically never release any sub information other than as part of the quarterly earnings statement.

What are you talking about? In my guild, I've seen only one player quit the game, and it's not because he was unhappy with it, it's because he got a job.

20 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Really 6 guilds? And 70% of them? Don't you know 66% of all percents are made up on the spot. Also, please refer to Darsithis's post about your friends.
    Believe what you want. Guess we will see in Feb but than you and your elk will say the same thing you said all trough cata. "It still has X amount of players".

Well as someone else pointed out in another thread. Wowcentus and xfire both show a decline in wow play time. Also blizzard went from attitude change about dailies reminds me of their attitude change about cata heroics.
    Also never seen a xpac half off 3 mo after it came out. they did not even do that with cata.

But time will tell
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2012-12-18 at 03:21 AM.

Don't, please don't... we've had enough of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjkh View Post
    Don't, please don't... we've had enough of this.
    I agree. I see these threads all the time and to me they're just a way to get people riled up. No one has any evidence of anything. The only people who truly know is Blizzard, but everyone likes to say they know for sure what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pray tell me, what evidence do you have that "indications point to another fall in subs"? Please don't use any anecdotal evidence like "my friends stopped playing"
    I would consider things like introducing the commendations to make rep grinds easier and the relatively steady blue statements to the effect of 'yes we realise we have to do something for alts we're working on it' to be an indicator that those factors are costing subs right now. I would expect less of those kind of tweaks if subs were stable or rising, as that would suggest people were happy with the status quo, which would therefore be left.

My personal expectation is that there will be a fairly significant subs drop next time around, assuming the don't drop the next raid tier basically right before they're due to report (which is what I anticipate actually happening - which will of course temporarily inflate numbers). But yes, my evidence is largely anecdotal, although based on in game economic indicators across a handful of servers more than what my personal friends are doing.

10+ Year Old Account

Not sure where these 'indicators' are, however, I quite disagree with your claim, if you have something beyond anecdotal claims I'd be interested.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 09:52 PM ----------

Believe what you want. Guess we will see in Feb but than you and your elk will say the same thing you said all trough cata. "It still has X amount of players".

Well as someone else pointed out in another thread. Wowcentus and xfire both show a decline in wow play time. Also blizzard went from attitude change about dailies reminds me of their attitude change about cata heroics.
    Also never seen a xpac half off 3 mo after it came out. they did not even do that with cata.

But time will tell
    Things you are intentionally ignoring, Xpac was released 3 months before Christmas, do you REALLY think they aren't going to have a Christmas sale on their newest expansion? Really?

I've been playing for YEARS and Wowcensus and xfire dont even know who the fuck I am. Yet I have multiple toons that are 90 and have over 150 days played on EACH of them.

Now, if you have solid evidence, not ancedotal bullshit, then produce it. Otherwise your opinion is exactly that, an opinion.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    I would consider things like introducing the commendations to make rep grinds easier and the relatively steady blue statements to the effect of 'yes we realise we have to do something for alts we're working on it' to be an indicator that those factors are costing subs right now. I would expect less of those kind of tweaks if subs were stable or rising, as that would suggest people were happy with the status quo, which would therefore be left.

My personal expectation is that there will be a fairly significant subs drop next time around, assuming the don't drop the next raid tier basically right before they're due to report (which is what I anticipate actually happening - which will of course temporarily inflate numbers). But yes, my evidence is largely anecdotal, although based on in game economic indicators across a handful of servers more than what my personal friends are doing.
    Or you know they could just actually be listening to their playerbase. But of course the evil masterminds at Blizzard would never do something like that. Well that is according to the people who bitch and moan the loudest here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my realid friends list is fuller then ever. My guilds are just as full as the beginning of cataclysm if not fuller. Neither of our claims mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    do you REALLY think they aren't going to have a Christmas sale on their newest expansion? Really?
    If the game was good they wouldn't need a sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.