Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pray tell me, what evidence do you have that "indications point to another fall in subs"? Please don't use any anecdotal evidence like "my friends stopped playing"
    His cousin's friend's brother who's married to this chick who carpools with this dude who's niece talked to this guy once who totally knows this guy who worked at Blizzard for one summer as an intern backs him up totally.

OT: Why does the number of subs matter? ffs I hate that they ever made a big deal out of subs in the first place that's what this has become. Oh hey I play WoW bc they have 45 bajillion players not bc it's fun. I mean seriously subs dip and everyone all of sudden hates WoW and has always played some other far superior mmo and chant WoW is dying on every single thread they chime in on. /end rant

I personally haven't logged in for over a month even though I'm still paying for it bc honestly I've been sorta bored with it. Fun as hell game but when you have played it for long as I have you get fuckin burnt out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pray tell me, what evidence do you have that "indications point to another fall in subs"? Please don't use any anecdotal evidence like "my friends stopped playing"
    Activity declines on tracking sites are suggestive, albeit not conclusive, evidence that subs will also decline.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Activity declines on tracking sites are suggestive, albeit not conclusive, evidence that subs will also decline.
    That's better evidence. I do think that there is still a decline though I don't think it has any effect on my experience in the game, at least not right now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've realized, at least the last month, there hasn't been many people around on my server. I'm sure dailies have burnt some players out and so much stuff to do, making it overwhelming for individuals. No idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    Excuse me, but what is wrong with discussing anecdotal evidence? His claim was that "indications point to" sub decline. This is not a wild and unsupportable claim. Many people feel as though their server populations are thinning out. Sub decline is not a phenomena that needs to be proven in order for people to feel its effects.

Compare the original claim to something along the lines of "Mope caused an increase in subscription numbers, beyond the initial influx at expansion release." That would be a startling fact if shown to be true. If you make a claim that runs counter to public opinion, you'd better believe that your reasoning will be challenged. Or if you claim that "Mope drove away veterans and replaced them with kids by luring them in with karate pandas and pokemon." There's no real evidence to support the claim that the population demographics are changing, and Blizzard is not likely to ever release that kind of information. Any discussion on that topic is unsupportable and clearly meant to be inflammatory.

Also note that anecdotal evidence such as "Mope is great, I have so many fun things to do" never comes under attack by moderators.
    His anecdotal evidence is in fact wild and unsupportable. He didn't really post any indications at all, his entire argument was that Blizzard hasn't posted anything recently. Guess what? They don't post numbers outside of earnings calls and shortly after the release of an expansion. Never have and never will.

The reason that stuff like "MoP is great, I have so many fun things to do" doesn't get attacked is because it's an opinion and isn't trying to predict the state of the game. You don't hear people saying "MoP is great, Subs are going to rise 2 million".

Quote Originally Posted by Trilicity View Post
    You didn't even quote him right. If your going to use quotes then make sure what you use between them is correct. If you don't realize it yet, you said "indications point to another fall in subs" and he said "Indicators point to another fall in subs".
    Probably didn't quote him right because "Indicators point to another fall in subs" doesn't make any sense. Unless he actually has a device that measures the rise and fall of subs that is, otherwise indicators is the proper word.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Less subs = less money and could very easy lead to less content and less development.
    Because games like Rift with a fraction of the subs of WoW can't afford to develop new content. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think World of Warcraft isn't losing any subscribers but isn't gaining alot either.
    WoW is now on a stage where those who love MoP stays, and hates MoP leaves.

I think WoW is balancing atm on a 10/11million people and wont decline for next year.
    Chance it will decline near end xpac, depends if they keep updating patches, not waiting 1 year like last expansion.
    I don't think WoW will lose subscribers due a bad content, because the content is pretty good, raiding is way better then older expansions, only point where WoW could lose people from is the PvP atm, but i think that will be fixed over the time.

I don't think WoW will be below 10million for the next year, i hope it will be 12mill+ again, but only time can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

How many subs does wow have now. I'm guessin still more than double the subs of Rift and SWTOR combined. Although it could drop to like 2 mil subs and still be double those two.

I see those posts pop up alllll the time and its pointless. Does the amount of subs wow has really impact life or you playing the game in any way. The only real point of these threads is to bring out the fanboys saying wow is the best or the haters saying wow sucks. 10 mil, 9mil, 5 mil doesnt really matter. Its not going anywhere for a long long time and to me that's all that really matters.
    Last edited by PtrPiper; 2012-12-18 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The game is under 9 million subscribers by now. There are plenty of hints pointing in that direction and we all know that:

http://i.redsnapperverytasty.com/gra...plete-data.jpg
    Proof please?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    That is a misnomer. The economy has grown each month over the last 20 months, Unemployment is at a 5 year low. Business profits are higher than they ever have been. Some areas my be slower to see these improvements but overall the people and the economy are doing much much better than during Cata when that excuse was being tossed around like salad.
    Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I don't think my prior posts got my point across. Labor force participation is at its lowest point since 1978, and part of the decline in unemployment was due to 350,000 people leaving the labor market, with a bit over 100,000 new jobs created. If we counted the people who have left the labor market since January 2009, unemployment would be 10.7%.

Quote Originally Posted by jhurley713 View Post
    lol

/10char
    I second this. But i mean come on hes rocking a SWTOR avatar doesnt that say it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have been quitting in droves after they found out the only thing to do in mope is dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    People have been quitting in droves after they found out the only thing to do in mope is dailies.
    Mope? never heard of that game.

There we go with the "mope" thing again. I swear this thing is becoming the plague!

Anyway, you always say people are quitting in "droves" but never support it. And you are ignoring every other feature MoP has and singling out dailies.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Around 8-9 million subscribers currently. Funny that less than 1 million is level 90 :/

6 of my guild are inactive so all their members quit the game... what?

no seriously I rerolled alliance on a different server so clearly I quit the game too because you can't see me in the guild we used to be together in! maybe you were part of the reason too...

my neighbor is dead because I haven't seen his car in a week, I mean his car was always there. LOGIX DUHR KE DUR

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats with people getting on their high horses and start to feel offended because people aren't enjoying the game anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's mope? Never heard of it.

As for World of Warcraft, do you have any evidence to back up people "quitting in droves"? That is what I'm talking about. People just spouting off this stuff with 0 evidence to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Whats with people getting on their high horses and start to feel offended because people aren't enjoying the game anymore?
    No one here is offended by that. We are "offended" because people are pulling facts from opinions.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

We'll know in late January or early February (can't remember when the next meeting takes place). Until then, who really gives a crap what other people do with their freetime?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The game is under 9 million subscribers by now. There are plenty of hints pointing in that direction and we all know that:

http://i.redsnapperverytasty.com/gra...plete-data.jpg
    I dare say its exactly 8.732.719