Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Razer Naga left click -- double clicking

As the title says, I've got a Razer Naga (blue) and the left click has been double clicking, almost as if it is sticking for a quick second. I don't know why this is happening, I've checked up inside of the button and it looks pretty clean on the inside. I don't usually eat and then touch my mouse so that shouldn't be why, the mouse overall is very clean.

I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in to see if that changed anything, it didn't. I have been putting up with this for over a month and a half now, it doesn't really affect me when playing WoW but some other games it gets pretty annoying when I am trying to select a group of something and it just double clicks and I need to continue going back over it until it doesn't double click.

Has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you manage to fix it if you were even able to? I've had the Naga since March and the warranty from the place I got it from has expired already so I'm hoping that there is something I can do to fix this

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

Deleted
    It's probably just 'Razer fast' ! It clicks too fast for mere humans!

ot: Can't you send it back to Razer themselves?

i've had this problem with my naga aswell. It's not just you, it's the product...i fixed it by ''opening'' the mouse and clean the inside of the mouse and put a little tape just over the button, it just seems to work. now its my right click that double click sometimes. At this point, il buy another naga lol Some videos on youtube show you how to fix double clicking, just be careful when doing it, so you don't break anything. It's sad tho, that a mouse, at this price, break or starts having problems after less than a years of use. ;s

My Naga had just stopped working, it still lit up, it just wouldn't click or move the mouse pointer at all.

I emailed Razer and they were more than happy to replace it. They also replaced my Lycosa keyboard after I broke my keys from stepping on it on the floor.

WD-40 and a Q-tip. clean the contact areas. About all you can do. I've owned my Naga for a long time, and i do this process every 3-4 months to stop it from reoccurring.

Don't over do it though. Just a tiny bit of WD-40 is enough.

My Naga has been going strong for 2+ years now.

They have a 2-year warranty. They're not supposed to break before then.

Yup, take it apart and lubricate the little clicker. I did it once, a few months later it came back, but I ignored it for a few days and it quit double clicking again, and it's been fine for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    It's probably just 'Razer fast' ! It clicks too fast for mere humans!

ot: Can't you send it back to Razer themselves?
    From what I have gotten off of their website, no.. I bought it through a company off on ebay and Razer wants a receipt proving that you bought it from them so I'm pretty much out of luck on that

I too have had this problem. I tried using electrical contact spray, which fixed the problem for about a day. So I was about to sell it on Ebay, but one day it randomly worked again. Good god I was so relived. But what a random problem that was.

I've have had my Naga for over a year now. 've heard and keep hearing bad things about the Naga's build quality. But I can't play any game now without my Naga. It's just too damn useful.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I've have had my Naga for over a year now. 've heard and keep hearing bad things about the Naga's build quality. But I can't play any game now without my Naga. It's just too damn useful.
    Yeah I hear you on that. I don't want to have to get rid of it, I am using the Naga with the Anansi and they are just amazing together I have anything and everything I need bound in all games. I can't imagine playing with a different mouse

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is doing it.. So annoying. Worst is when you click close on a tab and it closes two pages

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    Mine is doing it.. So annoying. Worst is when you click close on a tab and it closes two pages
    Or when you are scrolling up using the scroll bar and you move your cursor too high too fast and it exits out of everything you were in :/

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    My favorite is trying to open a folder, so it opens 2 folders. The folder you were trying to open, and then the folder that's in the same place as the previous folder. You hit the back button but it just double clicks again and does the same thing, for 4-5 tries.

Had the same problem and decided to open the mouse, the stick under the left clicker had almost broken completely off. Got some superglue and glued it back on. Note that if you open the mouse you break the warranty. If its under 2 years since you bought the naga you should take it back to the store.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    My favorite is trying to open a folder, so it opens 2 folders. The folder you were trying to open, and then the folder that's in the same place as the previous folder. You hit the back button but it just double clicks again and does the same thing, for 4-5 tries.
    Or when you are trying to move a folder or file into another folder and it drops it in something that it totally doesn't belong in

Take it apart, check the button actuators (or whatever), make sure they aren't gunked up or just a reseat may work. My right button did it quite often, same thing, it's pretty common in the Naga.

Yeah, what the guy two above me said.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to have the same problem as well it's getting a bit annoying but I have had my Naga for about 1 1/2 so idk it's been worth the money and I attend to buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by joppas View Post
    Had the same problem and decided to open the mouse, the stick under the left clicker had almost broken completely off. Got some superglue and glued it back on. Note that if you open the mouse you break the warranty. If its under 2 years since you bought the naga you should take it back to the store.
    I got mine from a retailer on ebay though, which had a 90 day return/exchange policy and well I would message them to see if they would want to try and help me but it appears that they do not sell Naga's anymore. Looks like only the Death Adder

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    Take it apart, check the button actuators (or whatever), make sure they aren't gunked up or just a reseat may work. My right button did it quite often, same thing, it's pretty common in the Naga.

Yeah, what the guy two above me said.
    I could probably put up with it if it was the right click doing it, I don't use right click all that much lol

Actually just recently had this issue too, and fixed it rather easily. Initially I opened up the mouse and used a can of air to clean near the contact, but that didn't work. I then bought some electric contact cleaner, wouldn't suggest WD40 personally. I opened the mouse and let a few (3-5) drops of the contact cleaner into the left mouse button contact. Then used canned air after lettting it sit for 5ish minutes. I then let the mouse sit off for about 2 hours.

Since this I haven't had a single problem with left click double clicking. If you need a *decent* video of where to apply the contact cleaner here you are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-53dC4E81Q

Deleted
    i would say trow your naga in the trash and get a diffrent brand used nagas before had to swap them evry 2 years or so. The new one i use have never had a issue its 4 years old now (mionix naos 5000)