Unhappy Yellow pixels on certain programs after cleaning graphics card

Fixed.........
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2012-12-18 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you air it out, is your room dusty?
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Why do you air it out, is your room dusty?
    Ok screw the certain applications, it's pretty much anything that's totally black besides my desktop backround.

my computer gets dusty all the time.

Deleted
    It may depend how you handled the card when you took it out, whether the correct precautions were taken regarding electrostatic discharge to/from you to the sensitive electronics. Perhaps also there is dust in the slot preventing a good connection between the card and the mobo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    It may depend how you handled the card when you took it out, whether the correct precautions were taken regarding electrostatic discharge to/from you to the sensitive electronics. Perhaps also there is dust in the slot preventing a good connection between the card and the mobo.
    I make damn sure I don't give any electrostatic discharge to the card. I'll check the slot for dust.

Reinstalling drivers didn't do anything, neither did reversing the windows updates.

It could be faulty cables, either inside the case or the monitor cable. Or the card may need to be re-seated.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Check the PCIe socket for dust. Reseat it. Check the cables. After that, it comes down to testing for bad parts (which shouldn't just happen with a cleaning).

Ok I fixed it by just taking it out and putting it back in. I also tried to blow dust out of the PCIe socket, I think a little came out.

Thanks so much for all the helps.

I forgot to screw in the card, so now I have to turn off the computer again and screw it back in. Lmao.