Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Double purge glyph.

As a shaman I like it, I like it very much. No matter what you buff yourself with it's gone in an instant. But I'd like to know how the people on the receiving end of this glyph feel. Dear warlocks, priests, mages and others, how do you feel about shaman being able to purge two of your buffs at once?

Deleted
    Hasnt purge been 2 buffs since forever?

Deleted
    Yes it has. Priest purge used to be 2 as well, but we don't have a glyph as Shaman do.

Given the current state of Discipline healing in PvP, it's a pretty big deal to have 70k+ shields dispelled. It's been a big deal forever though, just feels like it hurts more right now.

Doesn't bother me as much as Resto Druid, as long as I notice it's happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a warlock, I really don't care.
    Also, how does it feel when I kill those precious totems of you on a cooldown pretty much instantly?

lifebloom dispel protection > pw: shield dispel protection. as far as healer buffs go, priest suffer the most from shaman purge spamming. rapture returning mana on dispel... i mean... its obviously not helping them stay topped.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

It's one of the few things that makes an Enhance shaman worth taking in any form of competitive PvP, and I fear that the whiners will have it removed. If anything, it should be baked into the Enhance purge as standard, and then the glyph removed.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    As a warlock, I really don't care.
    Also, how does it feel when I kill those precious totems of you on a cooldown pretty much instantly?
    Fairly sure I've seen destru locks complaining about "vital buffs" vanishing. As for the totems, pretty good actually because of totemic restoration. If you destroy the earth grab or tremor totem before I can cancel them you're actually doing me a favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Fairly sure I've seen destru locks complaining about "vital buffs" vanishing. As for the totems, pretty good actually because of totemic restoration. If you destroy the earth grab or tremor totem before I can cancel them you're actually doing me a favor.
    Yes, before they made dark soul undispellable it was very annoying, now, we really don't care anymore.
    And sure you get your cooldown reduced, but the totem is still gone, and I'm fairly sure it sucks when your mana tide or stormlash totem is instantly gone, no?
    (tremors and earthgrab isn't important enough to destroy anyway unless going for a kill)

Yes, before they made dark soul undispellable it was very annoying, now, we really don't care anymore.
    And sure you get your cooldown reduced, but the totem is still gone, and I'm fairly sure it sucks when your mana tide or stormlash totem is instantly gone, no?
    (tremors and earthgrab isn't important enough to destroy anyway unless going for a kill)
    We'll only ever drop Earthgrab or Tremor for their first pulse anyway, especially against a warlock. Not sure of anyone who depends on Stormlash in PvP either. How does it feel that when you've used all your embers on self healing, that you will eventually be smashed into itty bitty pieces? :<
    RETH

Deleted
    Most of the time, nah. Mana Tide I place out of LoS anyway and it doesn't give all that much mana to begin with. Others such as healing tide for example aren't gone in an instant, forcing you to waste 2-3 cd's on them and taking a lot of pressure from me. So for the most part I don't really mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    We'll only ever drop Earthgrab or Tremor for their first pulse anyway, especially against a warlock. Not sure of anyone who depends on Stormlash in PvP either. How does it feel that when you've used all your embers on self healing, that you will eventually be smashed into itty bitty pieces? :<
    It sucks, that's why you roll demo and team up with the enhancement shaman to benefit from stormlash and happily pwn enemies together : D
    Why all the hate?

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 06:13 PM ----------

Also, since when do people like to brag about how their classes might be OP and others suck? Communities are so weird

As a Resto Druid, fuck everything about that glyph.

why offensive dispels didn't get the same treatment as defensive dispels i'll never know.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    why offensive dispels didn't get the same treatment as defensive dispels i'll never know.
    Becouse it would be no fun to purge/dispell all buffs in one click.

OT: Purge glyph needs to go - it's overkill for resto shamans ability to dispell whille ench have enough free globals/mana to keep removing buffs all day long.

remove the glyph in its current form, and make the double dispel elemental only by default

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    It sucks, that's why you roll demo and team up with the enhancement shaman to benefit from stormlash and happily pwn enemies together : D
    Why all the hate?

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 06:13 PM ----------

Also, since when do people like to brag about how their classes might be OP and others suck? Communities are so weird
    /agree, it went from a good conversation to some guy trying to look down his snout and be all holier then thou. Guess we know who rages at a loss eh? haha I think he wants us all to make little shrines and bow daily, chanting 'you are unstoppable now'.
    So not going to happen.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

The glyph is very silly in it's current state but only because mana is irrelevant. I'd be happy to see it stay but at least give purge a high mana cost or make shamans' mana matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the obvious unbalance when all my monk heals hots get dispelled that cost me alot of mana(that turns into chi) to get up then they get dispelled, and it doesn't have any negative impact on the shaman. Not too mention shamans never seem to use mana so now i just help my partners kill you by chi torpedo on spirit link and blanketing you to stop you from dropping tremor or to help kill.

It's annoying, but fair gameplay in my opinion. The only thing that I don't like about it is the fact that it costs so little mana. I don't suggest nerfing it to spellsteal status, but nerfing it by double the mana cost(purging twice, after all) makes a lot of sense. Maybe just make the glyph double the mana cost. I think that would be a proper change, and completely fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    It's annoying, but fair gameplay in my opinion. The only thing that I don't like about it is the fact that it costs so little mana. I don't suggest nerfing it to spellsteal status, but nerfing it by double the mana cost(purging twice, after all) makes a lot of sense. Maybe just make the glyph double the mana cost. I think that would be a proper change, and completely fair.
    Before talking about fair gameplay you should consider what classes/specs this glyph counters the most and without a doubt its a disc priest that's already at the bottom of food chain and considered unviable past 2.2K by even multi-glad players. So if you consider removing half healing output of a weakest healing spec with 1 button then i dunno what else to say.