Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    lifebloom dispel protection > pw: shield dispel protection. as far as healer buffs go, priest suffer the most from shaman purge spamming. rapture returning mana on dispel... i mean... its obviously not helping them stay topped.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    lifebloom dispel protection
    Whut? Did I miss something..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by velnis View Post
    Purging everything in 1 stroke is obviously overpowered. I believe you need to think more objectively - spamming offensive dispels is good for your class, but the game shouldn't encourage spam dispelling enemy buffs. Furthermore, it shouldn't be completely trivial to negate major spells such as BoS, Freedom, etc, etc by spamming purge. Purge is too good in its current form.

Many defensive and offensive abilities are tied to dispellable buffs, and the game doesn't counter balance that with a proper resource cost for offensive dispels. I'm all for having abilities counter able through offensive dispels, but literally being able to spend 10 globals on it without much of a negative effect - well thats kinda dumb. Just like the 5.0 mage spellsteal - wasn't it aggravating? It was completely dumb and spammable. Also, shamans being able to negate druid healing so effectively with a stupid spam ability is pretty dumb.

IMHO, i'm sympathetic to elemental shamans; they need help surviving versus melee, although they're really good versus other casters. If they can be buffed in other areas, i'm all for it. But purge doesn't have an adequate resource cost as it did in prior expansions. Purge should be designed more like spellsteal so that it can't be spammed - mages go OOM after 5 steals. Other offensive dispels should be no different - it is highly aggravating when an opposing player spams it on you.
    I think you're underestimating double purge, you clear targets of buffs instantly, putting a CD on it would be a big nerf. returning it to 1 removal only makes the game stupid thugh 25% chance to instantly get rid of BoP and 25% chance to not getting it off during the entire duration isn't fun at all. Spamming purge for 10 globals as ele doesn't come without a cost as you all like to think though. We don't have great passive mana regen as mages.

Not sure where you're getting this awesome survival against casters from either. Last time I checked still died in a deep freeze+blanket silence combo. Or any stun->silence for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    I think you're underestimating double purge, you clear targets of buffs instantly, putting a CD on it would be a big nerf. returning it to 1 removal only makes the game stupid thugh 25% chance to instantly get rid of BoP and 25% chance to not getting it off during the entire duration isn't fun at all. Spamming purge for 10 globals as ele doesn't come without a cost as you all like to think though. We don't have great passive mana regen as mages.

Not sure where you're getting this awesome survival against casters from either. Last time I checked still died in a deep freeze+blanket silence combo. Or any stun->silence for that matter.

so completely countering people by spam purging them with no real resource cost to yourself is balanced? i faced a warr/enhance/hpal a few weeks ago where the shaman literally did nothing but spam purge on me to keep my SH stacks off for the entire match.

either they
    A. put a cooldown on it or
    B. make it have a significant mana cost, like half your mana bar significant.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    so completely countering people by spam purging them with no real resource cost to yourself is balanced? i faced a warr/enhance/hpal a few weeks ago where the shaman literally did nothing but spam purge on me to keep my SH stacks off for the entire match.

either they
    I disagree. It's a necessary utility to be able to score a kill in 2's. Especially when playing against a warrior + healer. If you add the healers hots/buffs atop the warriors self heal it's quite a bit of healing done. So scattershot/freeze trap/capacitor totem/frog + purge are at times the only way for me to be able to dps aswell and drop him for good.

either they
    I've said at least 10 times in this thread that I belive they should add a CD to it, u seem to have missed that.

I've said at least 10 times in this thread that I belive they should add a CD to it, u seem to have missed that.
    Putting a CD on it would make it as mindless as you purport it to be now. Instead of using it 2 or 3 times at the start, you will be using it every x seconds instead. The GCD cost is more than enough for any serious arena team, who will want to prepurge so they can make more effective swaps. But it still needs to go for Resto.
    RETH

make it 30% of shamans mana, done. keep the double removal.

I think you're underestimating double purge, you clear targets of buffs instantly, putting a CD on it would be a big nerf

clearly

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I disagree. It's a necessary utility to be able to score a kill in 2's. Especially when playing against a warrior + healer. If you add the healers hots/buffs atop the warriors self heal it's quite a bit of healing done. So scattershot/freeze trap/capacitor totem/frog + purge are at times the only way for me to be able to dps aswell and drop him for good.
    i play a pretty crappy spec, with people who also play crappy specs, we seem perfectly capable of scoring kills in 2s with out an offensive dispel

also

2s.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

clearly
    I'd rather see a CD on purge and make it remove all buffs.
    Puting a CD on purge would make the game less about RNG and less about mindlessly spamming your offensive dispell.
    On a CD you'd only be able to do it once and then he'd actually have a chance to get stuff up and running again..
    It currently takes 2 GCDs to clear a target from all his hots so Im not sure why purge on a CD would make it that much worse? Feel free to explain.
    There you go, helped!

either they
    lol double purge is stupid but lol @ u.

Deleted
    i play a pretty crappy spec, with people who also play crappy specs, we seem perfectly capable of scoring kills in 2s with out an offensive dispel

also

2s.
    Setup/Rating/Against whom?

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    make it 30% of shamans mana, done. keep the double removal.
    Agreed. The mana cost should be significantly higher IMO - 5 steals on a mage makes them go OOM. Should be similar for all offensive dispels game wide; and double purge should not exist. It makes negation of druid healing far too easy. I think purge should be 1 buff with a much higher resource cost. Again, spellsteal is a good model of what the resource cost should be. (similar to what was done with spellsteal)

Agreed. The mana cost should be significantly higher IMO - 5 steals on a mage makes them go OOM. Should be similar for all offensive dispels game wide; and double purge should not exist. It makes negation of druid healing far too easy. I think purge should be 1 buff with a much higher resource cost. Again, spellsteal is a good model of what the resource cost should be. (similar to what was done with spellsteal)
    Mana as Elemental is already quite difficult, you can hardly cast lb to regain mana and TS should be usually used intelligent for defense, not just spammed on CD.

Also, Elemental does 0 Damage while purging, the nerf to grounding, wind shear and totems made Elemental very vulnerable vs. Caster.

This Glyph is fine for Elemental, nerfing it across the board because of Resto is like shooting a dead man.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2012-12-21 at 06:14 PM.

Deleted
    And I think druids being able to constantly cyclone people with no mana cost and CD's is way to strong. How about giving it an cd akin to hex or hammer of justice? Same for roots!

Good news, the glyph is nerfed on 5.2 PTR. 6 or 10 second cooldown if you use the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Whut? Did I miss something..
    are you kidding me? purging 3 stacks of lifebloom = 3 free heals to the target

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 02:17 AM ----------

Good news, the glyph is nerfed on 5.2 PTR. 6 or 10 second cooldown if you use the glyph.
    back to single purge. was fun while it lasted.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Deleted
    Let's wait if this goes live, otherwise back to single purge. Will still work perfectly fine against classes such as mages and shadow priests though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the glyph change doesn't go live. Glyph of Purge is not overpowered, it's one miniscule balancing aspect that pushes shamans towards something resembling viable for PvP. When I'm sitting behind the gates waiting for a BG to start in a random BG, I don't always get every class buff. If I die, more often than not I will have none, or perhaps one (depending on whether or not someone died within the same 30-second cycle as me). The reason I mention all of this is to point out that you don't need those buffs, and it's a survivability mechanism - a category that DPS Shamans are desperately lacking in - for us, that weakens your performance against us.

I wish they'd stop trying to balance PvP around Arenas and just make the whole affair incidental to what is real PvP, world or objective-based battleground PvP. Arena is PvP for simpletons, who cannot grasp more than one objective at any given time, and it's put on a glorified pedestal - as though it actually requires more skill and strategy! What a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    IThe reason I mention all of this is to point out that you don't need those buffs, and it's a survivability mechanism - a category that DPS Shamans are desperately lacking in - for us, that weakens your performance against us.
    i'm fairly sure i need those SH stacks to survive. you shouldn't be able to neuter my survivability mechanics by mindlessly spamming one button.

Purge dem glyphs

Infracted. Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-26 at 09:41 PM.