Thread: Pvp weapon?

Pvp weapon?

Hey guys. I am finally able to purchase a pvp weapon for my ret paladin, but now I find myself wondering if I should.
    Currently I'm wearing fully upgraded dreadful+ 2 pieces malevolent. The weapon I have atm is fully upgraded axe from Sha of fear, with the legendary gem.
    So what would be a bigger dps increase 491ilvl axe from Sha+ the gem or a pvp weapon with 0 upgrades?
    Or should I just get all the other malevolent pieces first and then get the weapon?
    Last edited by avarcis; 2012-12-18 at 06:13 AM.

Whatever gets you the most PVP power and to a lesser extent, resilience, is what you want to go with.

The weapon effectively doubles your damage. Get it or get rejected from RBGs and most competitive arena teams. It sucks, but that's the current state. I started late in MOP pvp and just got it this week and that weapon alone has doubled my kill rate.

It makes a hell lot of difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    sheer pvp power from weapon accounts for 20% more dmg done to players , you do the math

The weapon without hesitation... you get almost 20% pvp power just from the weapon.-

when did they buffed the pvp power on wepaons? damn thats insane:P

i remember a topic when pve weapons where far better then pvp weapons

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    when did they buffed the pvp power on wepaons? damn thats insane:P

i remember a topic when pve weapons where far better then pvp weapons
    Don't sorry, they still are. See: ilvl 516 weapon vs. ilvl 498. That pvp power can't compare to the massive difference in dps and the low/top end damage that translates to.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15