Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No. People just need to get along and stop with the killing, assault, battery, rape, theft, etc...and we wouldn't need police or armed forces. I'm willing to bet that the most highly advanced civilizations in the universe live in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Thoughts?
    You act like global powers don’t violate human rights. You ready to go to war with half the Security Council?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    You act like global powers don’t violate human rights. You ready to go to war with half the Security Council?
    Pay no heed to psyopz, he thinks because hes joining the military hes some rambo liberator of brown people.
    Hes quite crazy actually, total globalist warhawk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    We have a world police force, it's called America.
    Murica! FUCK YEAH!
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Put me in charge. I promise to have anyone who tries to bribe me or any of my staff hung.

yea thats america alright
    for some reason though, every country that gets in trouble just so happens to be in a strategical position / with oil

wait what

also. you guys couldnt even handle vietnam but now you think you can handle the world? srsly what are you guys smoking

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    That's the first thing that came to my mind too.

It wouldn't work because any time you give people power it is abused. A world police force might start with the right intentions but over time it would start doing the opposite.

The world just needs to come together if we want a unified people that all share the same rights. It can't be forced.

Deleted
    a none corrupt world police will be nice, but the superpower like US and China will not accept it. Now we have UN (deliberately made impotent in its construction so it can not threaten the superpower or there allies)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I might agree with giving the mantle to the UN. At least it has a lot of level-headed reasonable folks. America? Fuck no. The country's shown it's completely unable to handle such a roll with how it's the only first world nation that dives head first into wars it has no business fighting as well as the fact that it continues to side with Israel even when reason dictates otherwise (accepting Palestine as a nation).

Sounds like blind American hate if you think the UN is all good lmfao.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    We have a world police force, it's called America.
    damn, beat me too it. Its only when it fits them tho.

No.

The rest of you guys can have one if you want. Just don't be surprised when your police forced gets blammed when they enter our airspace.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2012-12-18 at 09:23 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    I'm sorry, you think America should just go spending all its money being the world police and get nothing out of it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    yes and the worst thing is that half of all the worlds "problem" countries have a history of a US supported/installed pet dictator.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Sounds like blind American hate if you think the UN is all good lmfao.
    Well, as a whole the UN tends to be more level-headed than individual nations. Yes, this also means that they sometimes take too long to act or that military intervention is blocked by one of the permanent members of the security council but it's better than GWB-style unilateral action.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I agree. I think the problem is the OP has played too much Mass Effect, because he is describing the Asari Justicar.
    I think the OP basically posed mass effect,and decided we needed this so we can go into space flight and be hanging out with other humanoids with alarmingly compatible lifestyles ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    in 200 years this question should be asked, humanity is not ready for true global civilization.
    Humanity will never be ready for something like a global government, the power would go to anyone's head. The quote "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" comes to mind here.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    On a certain level, this is a good idea. But no one can keep corruption away from those with power forever. There has been multiple cases of police brutality and misconduct, and despite everything, it'll happen again.

While I think enforcing a global set of laws won't happen, I don't think that is what is meant. I think the OP had more meant the policing body be upholding basic human rights, so that people aren't always walked on in third world countries, The bigger countries, such as China, 'Murica, and all that, wouldn't really see threat from their influence, but other places, like 80% of Africa, and so forth, would see a major agression from them, due to obvious reasons. Like I said; On a certain level, it is a good idea. But staving off corruption, there would always be a case of brutality and misconduct, and suddenly the whole force self destructs, and we are back to where we were before, only the countries that got fix'd are pissed, and get worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Government only functions through the consent of the governed. So creating an international police force would be pointless because it's unlikely that the countries that would be most affected would sign on to allowing them to enter their countries.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.