Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

help me help our hunter on elegon

so we where doing elegon last night and the bm hunter in our group keep having problems with his 5 and 4 set of orbs even with the help of tanks. He is doing fine on all the other fights we have had so far.

I don't know shit about hunters, so i am looking for someone there can help me help this guy so we don't need to replace him.

worldoflogs.com/reports/0hxsjd518g52c3mi/

thank you in advance.

Touch of the Titans (the 50% damage buff you get in the middle) uptime seems low.

The best thing to do through the main pew-pew phases is to edge forward until you're in the field, then take a small step back. You'll know you're in the right place because you can jump to clear your debuff stacks back to 1.

I too had BM trouble on this, so I simply went SV. The issue will be getting the pet to attack the orbs instantly as the AI doesn't switch targets right away. I could have fiddled about setting up a macro but instead just went with a spec with less reliance on the pets. If you stick with BM, you'll probably need to put "/petattack" or or something in some macros. Possibly change Kill Command to "/cast [@target] Kill Command". Somebody who plays BM more than I do can tell you which is better.

You also only really need to get down 4 sets of orbs. We just nuke through the fifth to reduce boss health by a fair bit.
    Last edited by Blackmist; 2012-12-18 at 09:23 AM.

Have him/her attach /petattack in a macro on the line before their Kill Command.

/petattack
    /cast Kill Command

Edit: Nevermind you beat me to it

Deleted
    okay thank you ill try and speak with him.

just so i get it right the main issue is about him having a hard time switching his pet on to the orb?

Well there's that and the fact that he seems to start with Serpent Sting on each of them. Until you have this on farm, it's probably best to Cobra Shot the boss between Orbs to build focus, and keep KC off CD ready for the orb. When the orbs spawns hit your KC macro, Arcane Shot (and KS at the end if it actually appears before the orb dies) and it should die pretty quickly.

Deleted
    okay thanks for the help

Yeah if macro is used, the spark explodes and won't be worth using the serpent sting.

yup what blackmist said. I think the main issue is probably focus management and the KC not hitting. KC doesn't update immediately through just the 'assist' stance. So if you are hitting elegon and the pet is on him, and immediately target the orb and hit KC, the pet will still KC elegon, even though you're targetting the orb. So yea, just add /petattack to his KC macro. That way as soon as he targets the orbs and hits KC, pet will attack the orb.

After that it's just focus management. When I had lower gear, besides using the macro, what I did was do the normal rotation for the first and second orb (since I didn't have problems) then after that I simply spammed cobra shot on the boss to get to 120 focus and stayed there. Maybe using an arcane shot and then hitting cobra back again just to make sure i'm at full focus when the orb spawns. But save KC for the orbs. Then I opened with KC, then spammed arcane shot and GT when it was off cd, along with DB, then back to cobra shots to get back to full focus. Then at the 5th set (if you're going for it) or just the last orb, tell him to use bestial wrath. And the orb will melt.

If you aren't having any issues DPS wise, get him to go sv and take thrill of the hunt talent. It wont be much of a dps loss and if he doesn't manage dire beast well anyway, it would probably be a dps increase. TotH gives good burst combined with LnL procs, should make the orbs a joke. And tell him to stop bothering with serpent sting on them, they aren't alive long enough.

#showtooltip
    /petattack
    /cast [target=playertarget] kill command

Is the macro I use.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Tell him to go Survival
    Make sure you have LnL off-cooldown (or ready) and put an ice trap in front of the spark.
    Have Blink strike (wait to use it 2 sec so he doesnt do it on the boss).

There you go. Tell him to save his 2nd Rapid Fire aswell if he has that big problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Tell him to go Survival
    Make sure you have LnL off-cooldown (or ready) and put an ice trap in front of the spark.
    Have Blink strike (wait to use it 2 sec so he doesnt do it on the boss).

There you go. Tell him to save his 2nd Rapid Fire aswell if he has that big problems.
    Bad advice. He doesn't need to go SV if they know bm. He also doesn't need to use CDs. On H I don't even need to use CDs and I sure as hell didn't need to on normal with a 463 bow and just about the same gear as him. The only CD he really should use is BW because the transition takes 1+ minute. Also blink strike as SV? We're trying to increase his dps here.

Just use my macro and then go

KC
    GT
    AS spam

make sure you cap your focus by using dire beast and cobra shots on the boss before he spawns the adds so you can easily kill the sparks.

Edit: you can also pre place your traps to get extra damage on the sparks and elegon.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-18 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    #showtooltip
    /petattack
    /cast [target=playertarget] kill command

Is the macro I use.
    Pretty much the big thing to do here. If he's leaving his pet on assist, it's probably not switching when he changes targets and hits Kill Command. Using this will fix that right quick.

That, and not bothering with serpent sting on the orb. There's no need to put sting on it at all, time is better spent on instants.

spec into blink strike, it's a lot better for elegon since it got such a short cooldown, its a nice 100k abillity on the orbs, and get his pet there fast.

He simply need to keep his focus at 90-100 right before orbs spawn, target it, blink strike it, killcomand, glaivetoss, and then a few arcane shots so it dies. easy.

but he needs full focus for this, so he doesn't have to spam cobra shot trying to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    spec into blink strike, it's a lot better for elegon since it got such a short cooldown, its a nice 100k abillity on the orbs, and get his pet there fast.

He simply need to keep his focus at 90-100 right before orbs spawn, target it, blink strike it, killcomand, glaivetoss, and then a few arcane shots so it dies. easy.

but he needs full focus for this, so he doesn't have to spam cobra shot trying to kill it.
    Are you saying this just to spite me? We're trying to help the guy. If he doesn't need to sacrifice dps for utility then we shouldn't tell him to.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ipper/advanced

There is his armory, tell him to drop the CCCC it is terrible for hunters. ANY dungeon trinket will do the job. H Wrath of unchaining (yes, dragon soul gear) sims higher than CCCC for example. (CCCC sims 434.38 dps less than H WOU with my gear)

He also NEEDS to tinker his gear with Synapse Springs and the Frag Belt. Also either the slow fall cape or the goblin glider (I prefer this one).

He will need to set up a keybind/macro to incorporate the frag belt into his rotation but his dps should go up by about ~2%. He can just macro synapse springs into his BW too.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-18 at 01:26 PM.

besides your hunter is not hit capped and has wrong reforges the main issue is his Touch of the titans uptime as mentioned above as this should be at least 75% and also Serpent sting uptime at least 80%

tell him to find sweet spot at the edge of the platform when he just needs to jump in order to reset debuff so he can stay all the time on one place - ideally assign him to the closest pillar so he doesn't move until last phase

with his gear he should be doing ~100k BEFORE last phase

"spec into blink strike, it's a lot better for elegon since it got such a short cooldown, its a nice 100k abillity on the orbs, and get his pet there fast. "

This

Quote Originally Posted by rzzr View Post
    "spec into blink strike, it's a lot better for elegon since it got such a short cooldown, its a nice 100k abillity on the orbs, and get his pet there fast. "

This
    Kill command already did this. Also I should've mentioned reforging too.

wowreforge.com

If he has upgraded gear and doesn't feel like entering the numbers in for every piece of gear then www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite is a good alternative.

You shouldn't ever use blink strike on a fight like this. The mechanics will scale better with AMoC in the end since it does the most damage out of the 3 in a 30 second period. The more damage buffs you get on the boss the better AMoC gets in comparison to blink strike because you can literally have 100% uptime during the end phase if you have enough stacks and the dps is good. He should also be saving his second stampede and readiness for that phase.

Deleted
    yeah if struggling place fire trap just before it spawns then have a macroed kill command onto the target then glaive toss and spam arcane shot. this should kill way before it reaches.

this is how i do on HC and works. normal is faceroll.

dont go SV will probably end in DPS loss overall.

Quote Originally Posted by rzzr View Post

This
    There really is no need for Blink Strike on Elegon because the pet travel time is almost 0. It's only the very first spark that your pet will waddle to, but you can kill that one without your pet tbh. After the first spark when you send your pet back on the boss, he will stand right in front of the upcoming sparks.

Spec aMoC, not Blink Strike.