Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Scarab Lord Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    4,950
    Get out of the vehicle and port in. "Why didn't they just clear trash while I was doing something else" is a poor excuse. What if 3 people in the group all thought they had something more important to do? Let the other two clear the trash? How long will they be gone? You think that you are the most important person in the group and that they can't function without you? That is why kicking exists.


    Seriously, a little fucking consideration goes a long way. There is an 'Exit Vehicle' button.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  2. #62
    Fluffy Kitten Taurenburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pretending not to be here
    Posts
    3,056
    I´m sorry for you. You even told you'd be there asap and it was just a few minutes. But well, people are stupid...
    Lord protector of the Veal

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Actually it is, got anything to add other than trolling posters?
    The topic is about getting deserter for being vote kicked from an instance.
    You were talking about not being to complete scenarios because people left the group.

    Not related. Not trolling. Just saying.

  4. #64
    Field Marshal Triemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    71
    I don't think he is at fault here.
    IMO thats an abuse aof the kickfunction.
    Of course waiting for someone can be annoying but he said it didn't even take 2 minutes.
    Even I kick people who are AFK every 2 minutes for opening the door, cause it annoys me.

    On the other hand, when I have been farming gear for my hunter I always joind in scarlet monastery where I didn't need anything.
    So I told the group that I don't need anything from this instance, left, got my (punishment) debuff and waited.
    And that's how it should be done

    I think this feature is more directed at people who troll the group, leach them by being constantly AFK or just going offline without making space for a new one.
    But even if there are much more situations where it would be appopriate (don't know if I spelled it right) forbid the kick of a player I don't think it's programmable because of all the different circumstances it would involve.

  5. #65
    The vote-kick restictions only apply to people who use the feature regularly, although it could be someone like that who initiated it, chances are with the patiance shown, they'll likely not have the ability to ignore the restrictions, which can make one question, whether the OP was taking less than 2 minutes or not.


    And what they waited combined does not matter, they did not wait 8 minutes, period. Time doesn't flow faster just because there's more people there.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Yeah, go ahead and make a 'working as intended' argument when there is a link to a thread in which a Blizzard representative says that it is not working as intended.

    No matter how much you think it is a good idea (which it isn't, by the way. For starters, there is a dungeon cooldown), it is obviously not intended. The problem is, it has been there for 16 months.


    I am sorry for thinking a 1-2 minute wait wasn't too much? Hell, they could have pulled and killed some of the trash without me easily.

    Besides, the reason I was kicked is totally irrelevant to the point of this thread. Whatever the reason, getting a deserter buff from being kicked is improper, and it is frustrating that this issue has been known for so long yet it has not been fixed.

    I bet next time you will enter the instnace faster. I don't see it as a bug at all. You where kicked for a legit reason and you deserve a debuff, maybe you can use that time to finish your dailys.

  7. #67
    I rarely do any dungeons but I remember being able to ask the group to vote kick you out the party instead of leaving so you didn't get the debuff, lol if this has changed!

  8. #68
    Dreadlord Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    882
    as someone who tanks and has tanked for years i really couldnt give a rats ass if we're down one or even two dps...

    getting deserter debuff shouldnt be applied if you're kicked, only if you actually desert the group

    on a completely unrelated (well, kinda related) note i reckon you should be able to zone into a dungeon EVEN IF one dps doesnt accept the queue, its just annoying how i have to wait an extra 10 seconds (or even up to a minute if this happens more than once) just because a single dps (a "non-essential" as i like to call them) is afk or doesnt accept the queue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

  9. #69
    High Overlord Jayroyma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Karup, Denmark
    Posts
    115
    Dont you get auto-kicked if you dont enter the instance within a certain period of time ?
    Main: Royma
    Alts: Tharion | Jaymano | Lalleglad |

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    as someone who tanks and has tanked for years i really couldnt give a rats ass if we're down one or even two dps...

    getting deserter debuff shouldnt be applied if you're kicked, only if you actually desert the group

    on a completely unrelated (well, kinda related) note i reckon you should be able to zone into a dungeon EVEN IF one dps doesnt accept the queue, its just annoying how i have to wait an extra 10 seconds (or even up to a minute if this happens more than once) just because a single dps (a "non-essential" as i like to call them) is afk or doesnt accept the queue...
    Hey, look, here's a guy with a brain! =D


    Though I will say that tanks and even healers can also be "non-essentials". =P I can't count the number of times I've had some stupid tank throw a temper tantrum about me pulling a group I can solo...

  11. #71
    Brewmaster Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    ... So I said "sec, vehicle" in party chat and finish off the last 50 or so mantid for the quest, which took about a minute and a half. As it loads me out of the vehicle, I am votekicked from the group. Mildly annoyed, I go to requeue for heroics...
    You were being inconsiderate. They're strangers and owe you nothing.

    "It was only ninety lousy seconds! Couldn't they just damn-well wait?!" You might ask. Well, again, they're strangers. Keep in mind that this also isn't a cost-neutral choice for them. It's not just a matter of being nice to a stranger and being patient, it's four people you don't know thinking "Fuck this guy. He's wasting my time. /votekick".

    You started off the relationship (i.e. dungeon run with strangers) on a bad footing. You implied that your time was more valuable than theirs. They collectively disagreed.

    It's that simple.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Yeah, go ahead and make a 'working as intended' argument when there is a link to a thread in which a Blizzard representative says that it is not working as intended.

    No matter how much you think it is a good idea (which it isn't, by the way. For starters, there is a dungeon cooldown), it is obviously not intended. The problem is, it has been there for 16 months.


    I am sorry for thinking a 1-2 minute wait wasn't too much? Hell, they could have pulled and killed some of the trash without me easily.

    Besides, the reason I was kicked is totally irrelevant to the point of this thread. Whatever the reason, getting a deserter buff from being kicked is improper, and it is frustrating that this issue has been known for so long yet it has not been fixed.
    Sorry but blizz have a long history of changing there minds or one rep saying "its A" when its really "B" and so on. On the good side the way it works now means ppl like yourself don't keep 4 other waiting around for you to finish that quest that you just can't manage to do later, or visit the AH and so on.

    Do not expect patience from a pug group, if you do you'll end up kicked 99/100 and thats how it goes. When I que and join a random I drop what I am doing and join, there's no need to keep people waiting for no reason, and finishing a quest is no reason, as it can be continued after you have done the heroic.

    So really not suprised you got kicked really guess next time just join straight away and problem is solved
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayroyma View Post
    Dont you get auto-kicked if you dont enter the instance within a certain period of time ?
    You don't get kicked, if you don't enter in time you're chucked to the back of the queue. Hated seeing those big red crosses while levelling, surprisingly most of the time it was the other dps's that almost never accepted

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    You were being inconsiderate. They're strangers and owe you nothing.

    "It was only ninety lousy seconds! Couldn't they just damn-well wait?!" You might ask. Well, again, they're strangers. Keep in mind that this also isn't a cost-neutral choice for them. It's not just a matter of being nice to a stranger and being patient, it's four people you don't know thinking "Fuck this guy. He's wasting my time. /votekick".

    You started off the relationship (i.e. dungeon run with strangers) on a bad footing. You implied that your time was more valuable than theirs. They collectively disagreed.

    It's that simple.
    Well said and that hits the nail on the head
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Besides, the reason I was kicked is totally irrelevant to the point of this thread. Whatever the reason, getting a deserter buff from being kicked is improper, and it is frustrating that this issue has been known for so long yet it has not been fixed.
    Well, reading your thread, you clearly think wasting peoples time isn't an issue at all, so maybe you can use those 30 minutes to contemplate on that. After all, you could just as easilly had finished the quest after the dungeon instead.

    The deserter debuff on kicked people is perfect. There is a reason you get kicked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    You were being inconsiderate. They're strangers and owe you nothing.

    "It was only ninety lousy seconds! Couldn't they just damn-well wait?!" You might ask. Well, again, they're strangers. Keep in mind that this also isn't a cost-neutral choice for them. It's not just a matter of being nice to a stranger and being patient, it's four people you don't know thinking "Fuck this guy. He's wasting my time. /votekick".

    You started off the relationship (i.e. dungeon run with strangers) on a bad footing. You implied that your time was more valuable than theirs. They collectively disagreed.

    It's that simple.
    This is pretty much spot on.
    Last edited by Proberly; 2012-12-18 at 01:33 PM.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    as someone who tanks and has tanked for years i really couldnt give a rats ass if we're down one or even two dps...

    getting deserter debuff shouldnt be applied if you're kicked, only if you actually desert the group

    on a completely unrelated (well, kinda related) note i reckon you should be able to zone into a dungeon EVEN IF one dps doesnt accept the queue, its just annoying how i have to wait an extra 10 seconds (or even up to a minute if this happens more than once) just because a single dps (a "non-essential" as i like to call them) is afk or doesnt accept the queue...
    Well, as a tank (or healer), you know that your queue times are practically zero. So what would stop all tanks (or one's who are assholes anyway) just going AFK when they feel like it if there was no punishment for being vote kicked? With no de-buff, they'd just queue again knowing they'll see it pop up pretty much instantly. Making the vote-kick only a punishment for dps.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Well said and that hits the nail on the head
    Except not. If they're impatient enough to not wait for him for 2 minutes, why the hell are they waiting at all? You don't need any DPS to do instances (unless the tank and/or healer are kinda bad and/or poorly geared). If you can't be bothered to wait, then don't. Start pulling. The people who kicked him were douche-bags, plain and simple.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Except not. If they're impatient enough to not wait for him for 2 minutes, why the hell are they waiting at all? You don't need any DPS to do instances (unless the tank and/or healer are kinda bad and/or poorly geared). If you can't be bothered to wait, then don't. Start pulling. The people who kicked him were douche-bags, plain and simple.
    Not really. It's quite rude to do what OP did imo, even if it's just 2 minutes. He could just as easilly finish the quest after the instance. He basically chose to waste others time instead of his own, no matter how little it was. They were in their rights to do so. I'd probably wait, but just saying.

  19. #79
    Warchief Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,153
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny888 View Post
    Well, that would rely on the rest of your group also agreeing with the kick. And even if they did, you couldn't spam do it to everyone for giggles, cause the timer on your vote kick would keep increasing. Would I be annoyed if I had been kicked and got deserter? Yeah, probably. But then I've only ever been vote kicked once when I was having bad connection issues. So I don't really see this "We could all randomly deserter debuff people" thing being a problem. It's certainly not one I've encountered.
    You know what I find interesting about you... In your first post, you say this "And okay, even ignoring whether you deserved to be kicked or not" (please note that I quoted this in my first post), yet you are trying to set yourself apart due to the reasons of the kick in your second post (the response to me).

    So, out of all of what you have just said. If it happens to you, you are annoyed. If it happens to someone else, it's justified. Would that be an accurate assessment of what you said? Or am I way off base here?


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  20. #80
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    So I said "sec, vehicle" in party chat and finish off the last 50 or so mantid for the quest, which took about a minute and a half. As it loads me out of the vehicle, I am votekicked from the group.
    If your asking should you have been kicked the answer is, Dont Q if you are not ready to do one, having 4 other people wait for you is bull shit imo. I dont know about a bug.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •