Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    you dont know that, and neither did the group. all they knew is some guy was wasting their time and they chose to replace him.
    Oh quit crying. Before the dungeon finder we had to look for a group sometimes for an hour or more. 2 people took the hit for the team and flew up to that place and summoned the rest. If anybody had to afk, we patiently waited. Because we had to, and because we knew everybody has to afk sometimes. Waiting 1-2 minutes for a dps - how sad for you.

1-2 minutes is nothing. Complain again when it's 5-10 minutes, that's more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The average group will have no problem waiting a minute or two every now and then if there's a good reason. Quickly finishing a quest is a good reason. Repairing your gear is a good reason. Getting something to drink is a good reason, ingame and in real life. Going to the toilet is a good reason. Answering the door or the telephone are good reasons.
    How is having to answer the door or the phone, or having to take a piss controllable? Well technically I can ignore the door, the phone, and hold it in. But to expect that of a person is stupid.

And don't tell me you never afk for a minute while in a group.
    You didn't mention any of those things in your first post. Obviously the are some RL things that can unexpectedly interrupt you (in which case you just say and most will give you a couple of mins), none of which I was discussing or disputing, as I was focussing purely on in game things or RL things that you can choose to do.

And no, I don't go choose to go AFK during groups. I wait til it's over before I tend to my personal matters. If there is an exceptional matter that needs my attention and will take me a long time, I have the decency to leave or not accept the queue.

Can still play and talk on the phone at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want them to wait 1-2 minutes on a dungeon that can be done in about 12? How is that fair?

Oh quit crying. Before the dungeon finder we had to look for a group sometimes for an hour or more. 2 people took the hit for the team and flew up to that place and summoned the rest. If anybody had to afk, we patiently waited. Because we had to, and because we knew everybody has to afk sometimes. Waiting 1-2 minutes for a dps - how sad for you.

1-2 minutes is nothing. Complain again when it's 5-10 minutes, that's more reasonable.
    i'm not crying. you seem like you're upset though? why are you so set on defending this person, unless you're one of those entitled people who thinks that as long as it doesn't inconvenience you then people just need to 'get over it'. it was up to the group to decide what was 'long enough' to wait, and they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    The way I see it is, don't accept the queue if you aren't ready to immediately start the dungeon. If that means taking a piss, getting a glass of water, or finishing a long quest BEFORE getting in the queue, then get all that stuff done.
    And how does that philosophy go with the game allowing you to do scenarios while queuing now? Besides, you take on the attitude of someone who basicaly doesn't have to "queue".

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You want them to wait 1-2 minutes on a dungeon that can be done in about 12? How is that fair?
    I question the accuracy of your example.
    Last edited by BaZERGer; 2012-12-18 at 12:48 PM.

Pretty sure deserter is intended when you get kicked, at least if you get kicked while outside the instance. Many people would get instances they didn't want only to port out and tell the party to kick them so that they wouldn't get deserter.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Try this then, enter a scenario and it never get's started due to the other people just dropping group instantly, seeing as I was the only one left I ported out.... I get a debuff, I checked before leaving too, I was indeed the only one in the instance and there was nobody left in the group.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    having to wait for that one dps
    Except that you never *have* to wait for DPS. In fact, waiting for DPS in a PUG is about the stupidest thing you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Try this then, enter a scenario and it never get's started due to the other people just dropping group instantly, seeing as I was the only one left I ported out.... I get a debuff, I checked before leaving too, I was indeed the only one in the instance and there was nobody left in the group.
    Not really related to the topic.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Natryndon
    This isn't supposed to happen, no. The issue is currently under investigation.
    While I agree this thread has derailed a bit on the subject of whether or not it was OK to kick you, it's hard to compare your situation to the one you quote unless you have some specific knowledge of that situation. Nowhere in that post does it say "I got kicked while not in the instance", which might be the deciding factor when giving you the deserter debuff. At least this would make sense to me, since it is otherwise pretty easy to abuse the system.
    1. Sign for LFD
    2. Enter vehicle
    3. Accept queue(without entering due to vehicle)
    4. Check which instance it is - enter if you like it, stay out if you don't
    5. Wait for kick - you now avoid the deserter without ever entering the instance

If Blizzard makes/made a system that takes this into account then they are doing the right thing. 15 minutes debuff isn't enough to stop people from abusing the LFD to only join groups for instance X.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny888 View Post
    Not really related to the topic.
    Actually it is, got anything to add other than trolling posters?
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

God this community is pathetic. It takes 2 minutes to clear the trash to the boss. OP did't waste anyones time. They wasted the OPs time.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    then stop your quest leave vehicle or dont queu when knowing your gonna get this effect its like ppl enter a dungeon then go afk to eat .... then dont queue

I am sorry for thinking a 1-2 minute wait wasn't too much? Hell, they could have pulled and killed some of the trash without me easily.

Besides, the reason I was kicked is totally irrelevant to the point of this thread. Whatever the reason, getting a deserter buff from being kicked is improper, and it is frustrating that this issue has been known for so long yet it has not been fixed.

Well, in all honesty you could have easily jumped out of the vehicle, and gotten straight into the dungeon (you can be in combat and go straight to the dungeon the first time entering). While they could have been a little more patient, you were the one being most inconvenient. It sucks, yes, but I'm sure they wanted to blast through there as fast as possible.

Also, as for the deserter thing, it may have been that since you never zoned in, it automatically gave that to you. Normally there's a 15 minute timer after just entering a dungeon group before you can queue for another random, perhaps the message was just bugged?

Actually it is, got anything to add other than trolling posters?
    Similar to the dungeon queue, you have a 15 minute timer that starts after you accept and enter any LFD/R/S instance where you cannot queue again. It's there to avoid people abusing the system. For instance someone could enter an instance they don't like, kill a few trash and be gone within 5 minutes and be scott free, inconveniencing the group. This way it is at least maintained a little.

Unless the above situations are happening daily, they're really not a huge deal and you definitely need to simply learn how to put up with it. Are these systems inconvenient at times? Yes. But it saves a lot of grief from people who abuse the system.
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2012-12-18 at 01:01 PM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetroll View Post
    While I agree this thread has derailed a bit on the subject of whether or not it was OK to kick you, it's hard to compare your situation to the one you quote unless you have some specific knowledge of that situation. Nowhere in that post does it say "I got kicked while not in the instance", which might be the deciding factor when giving you the deserter debuff. At least this would make sense to me, since it is otherwise pretty easy to abuse the system.
    1. Sign for LFD
    2. Enter vehicle
    3. Accept queue(without entering due to vehicle)
    4. Check which instance it is - enter if you like it, stay out if you don't
    5. Wait for kick - you now avoid the deserter without ever entering the instance

If Blizzard makes/made a system that takes this into account then they are doing the right thing. 15 minutes debuff isn't enough to stop people from abusing the LFD to only join groups for instance X.
    The main flaw with the "abuse" logic in this thread, is that there should already be simple ways to get out of a dungeon without getting the debuff.

The game has in the past started giving the debuffs for wrong reasons, i've previously tried battlegrounds that closed due to lack of people that gave everyone deserter, or battlegrouds that already ended and gave you deserter. Sometimes broken really is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    God this community is pathetic. It takes 2 minutes to clear the trash to the boss. OP did't waste anyones time. They wasted the OPs time.
    your logic is pathetic. by him not being there it took an extra 15 seconds for them to clear the trash. time is money, friend.
    Last edited by Monoxyde; 2012-12-18 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    Queued for a random dungeon on my 66 priest, got OHF, yey, quests and shit ye? Wrong. Group tried to queue for Sethekk Halls like 4 times immediately because they didn't get the random they wanted, and kicked me because I refused to. D*cks - and I'M the one who gets the deserter buff. Lame huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Queued for a random dungeon on my 66 priest, got OHF, yey, quests and shit ye? Wrong. Group tried to queue for Sethekk Halls like 4 times immediately because they didn't get the random they wanted, and kicked me because I refused to. D*cks - and I'M the one who gets the deserter buff. Lame huh?
    just like the guy who got screwed over in the scenario group.. that really sucks. sometimes things work out really poorly, like what happened to you two. the OP didn't get screwed though.

Quote Originally Posted by BaZERGer View Post
    And how does that philosophy go with the game allowing you to do scenarios while queuing now? Besides, you take on the attitude of someone who basicaly doesn't have to "queue".
    He did not said that you don't have to queue. He said that you shouldn't accept the queue.

OR, if you decide to accept you should understand that it will be you who will pay the consequences. If you fail to finish your quest in a grace time given to you by blizzard (I'm quite sure that its either 2 or 3 minutes, not less), or if you fail to convince your party to wait for you, you will get kicked and receive your punishment.

Who do you think is the bad guy is in this situation?
    - Blizzard, that allows groups to kick players that don't participate in clearing dungeon.
    - A party , who decided that they don't want to spend their own time for a person who did not even say "please".
    - Or a player who decided that his time is more important than other 4 players time, and for some reason thought that it is up to him to decide whether to make them wait or not.

Lets make some simple calculations. He decided to save himself 3 minutes of time tops. While other party members waited 4x2 = 8 minutes combined. It seems to me that he acted pretty selfish and the kick was well deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get out of the vehicle and port in. "Why didn't they just clear trash while I was doing something else" is a poor excuse. What if 3 people in the group all thought they had something more important to do? Let the other two clear the trash? How long will they be gone? You think that you are the most important person in the group and that they can't function without you? That is why kicking exists.

Seriously, a little fucking consideration goes a long way. There is an 'Exit Vehicle' button.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.