Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    I've seen shadow priest being vote kicked for 'ninjaing' a int/spirit ring by tank/healer love-buddy combo. Sadly the other dps clicked yes and poor guy got kicked, but when I think about it... if he didn't, we would be stuck with a pair of morons that would grief by not continuing with dungeon. I also been kicked from Siege on my dps monk during first trash pull (waited for tank to pull, buffed up, party was silent), was wtf moment when it happened in middle of killing mobs. I guess the healing druid didn't want to take chances of having his helm taken, but I don't see how Blizz see this system as fair (removing people from group and giving them debuff so that they have bigger chance of getting loot they want, just retarded).

  2. #102
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Atl, GA
    Posts
    108
    Simply put - what if it was the tank or healer that said I want you to wait 2 minutes before you start. No trash could be pulled safely (pending the instance), and everyone has to wait on them.

    You could have easily left the vehicle in the quest, and came back to it once done.
    Black Dragonflight: Kalel (Paladin), Ramage (Death Knight), Liquidc (Warrior), Ironpanda (Monk), Nahdar (Shaman), Tokare (Druid), Jenista (Priest), Anabolix (Rogue), Findecano (Hunter), Lohra (Mage), Luminya (Warlock)

  3. #103
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Praest View Post
    I'm sorry, but that sounds like it's working as intended. If you didn't get the debuff after a votekick, people would just start to queue up for randoms, notice that it wasn't the one they wanted and afk until they get votekicked. And if afking doesn't work, just be a royal butthole until someone kicks you. It would be a great way to farm gear, though.
    This was your own fault. You shouldn't have accepted when it popped as you wanted to finish the quest. In fact, you were wasting the group's time. You were rude.
    You do realize that some guild groups will vote kick even if you do nothing wrong, right? It could be a piece of loot they want off a boss, and you might need it too (or they'll assume you need it).

    Also, he said "one sec" and it only took him a minute. That's not being rude, that's asking his group to wait a freaking minute.

    This bug is definitely fucked up. The 15m alone is bad enough, but making it 30 ON TOP OF the time it takes to queue up again (as DPS... ugh) is mind-blowing. That's anywhere from 45m to an HOUR.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (I'll only accept with notice/name is recognizable)

  4. #104
    Mechagnome Monoxyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Scum like you are why my friends and I play this game less and less. You inability to get along with others completely ruins the concept of an MMO.
    it's cute when people who can't form a decent argument resort to name calling. the community is better off without you, and probably your friends. i have no problems getting along with people who show respect to others.

  5. #105
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    I've seen shadow priest being vote kicked for 'ninjaing' a int/spirit ring by tank/healer love-buddy combo. Sadly the other dps clicked yes and poor guy got kicked, but when I think about it... if he didn't, we would be stuck with a pair of morons that would grief by not continuing with dungeon. I also been kicked from Siege on my dps monk during first trash pull (waited for tank to pull, buffed up, party was silent), was wtf moment when it happened in middle of killing mobs. I guess the healing druid didn't want to take chances of having his helm taken, but I don't see how Blizz see this system as fair (removing people from group and giving them debuff so that they have bigger chance of getting loot they want, just retarded).
    Seems like I'm not the only one with experiences like these and to be honest, it would be more than unfair having people like that Shadow Priest or you with your Monk getting a debuff because somebody else is being a dick and kicking for reasons that are beyond your control (like requireing the same gear or not being able to take the fact that you lost a roll)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    You know what I find interesting about you... In your first post, you say this "And okay, even ignoring whether you deserved to be kicked or not" (please note that I quoted this in my first post), yet you are trying to set yourself apart due to the reasons of the kick in your second post (the response to me).

    So, out of all of what you have just said. If it happens to you, you are annoyed. If it happens to someone else, it's justified. Would that be an accurate assessment of what you said? Or am I way off base here?
    I meant I'd be annoyed if you/someone just randomly decided to kick me for no reason. If it was for me doing something bad (such as a regular d/c or me going afk), then probably not, cause I'd expect that.

  7. #107
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny888 View Post
    I meant I'd be annoyed if you/someone just randomly decided to kick me for no reason. If it was for me doing something bad (such as a regular d/c), then probably not, cause I'd expect that.
    Why should you be additionally punished when you DC? Being kicked and got dc'd isn't punishment enough for something beyond your control?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

  8. #108
    Posting in epic QQ thread. I'd like to add that you could've left the vehicle and joined the 5 man group, or just waited until you were done to queue up. To be honest, I'm glad that they put in penalties like this (I've seen instances where in the past where blizz says this type of stuff is a bug but they let it stand... I think to alleviate the problem of people afk'ing or not joining the instance).

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Why should you be additionally punished when you DC? Being kicked and got dc'd isn't punishment enough for something beyond your control?
    Maybe not the best example I could've used. What I was meaning was if it was something that I was doing/not doing that was slowing down the group unnecessarily, then it wouldn't it surprise me that the group would remove me in order to get someone else. I just used d/c as the example cause that was the one time where I did get vote kicked (not being able to leave the instance of my own accord what with not being logged in).

  10. #110
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,193
    If you werent even inside the instance when you were kicked then yes you should get the deserter debuff. Hcs only take about 15 minutes anyway, when people are wasting 3-5 minutes on questing or repairing its pretty annoying.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakcheef View Post
    Wait, that is not supposed to give you a debuff? Now thats bullshit. If anything getting kicked should get you a longer debuff regardless of the progression of the dungeon. Going even further, if you have been kicked a set number of times (or a percentage of your dungeon queues) you should not be able to sign up for a dungeon for a week.

    And yes, you deserved to get kicked. You think that you are important enough that four other people should gladly take time out of their days to wait for you to finish a quest which you could have finished later without any loss of time whatsoever? Yeah, I would have kicked you aswell. And this is not even about whether or not you not being there prevented them from pulling trash, it is about your lack of respect towards the people you are paired with.
    Let's not get too emotional here. While I agree that typically when you get vote-kicked it is for a good reason, I have seen multiple times where guild groups of 3 to 4 people would queue up and just start vote kicking people randomly right before they pull a boss with no explanation at all just for kicks. That should not earn someone a debuff, but how does Blizzard know whether someone was vote-kicked for a legitimate reason or for no reason at all other than people just enjoying being ass hats? They don't. Putting additional time on the debuff would allow trolls/griefers to go around screwing over anyone they choose for any reason they choose. That's not cool.

  12. #112
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,912
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny888 View Post
    And no, I don't go choose to go AFK during groups. I wait til it's over before I tend to my personal matters. If there is an exceptional matter that needs my attention and will take me a long time, I have the decency to leave or not accept the queue.

    Can still play and talk on the phone at the same time.
    How can you answer the door 15 minutes after the doorbell rang? And you can still play and talk at the same time but your attention will be divided, and you'll probably not perform 100%.

    "Decency to leave"? So you think it's better to leave than to afk for 2 minutes.

    Believe me, most people will not have a problem with people afk'ing, if they have a good reason and don't do it too often.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 04:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    i'm not crying. you seem like you're upset though? why are you so set on defending this person, unless you're one of those entitled people who thinks that as long as it doesn't inconvenience you then people just need to 'get over it'. it was up to the group to decide what was 'long enough' to wait, and they did it.
    Then the next time I'm in a group I can decide that waiting 5 seconds for the tank to pull the next group is too long and wasting my time and vote kick him out. Still a stupid reason. The problem is that nowadays everything has to be quick, even if it's just a minute, it's too long. I dislike that.
    Last edited by Nindoriel; 2012-12-18 at 03:07 PM.

  13. #113
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny888 View Post
    Maybe not the best example I could've used. What I was meaning was if it was something that I was doing/not doing that was slowing down the group unnecessarily, then it wouldn't it surprise me that the group would remove me in order to get someone else. I just used d/c as the example cause that was the one time where I did get vote kicked (not being able to leave the instance of my own accord what with not being logged in).
    Ah, I see! I thought you're talking about the 30 minute deserter buff. My bad! I understand why one would get kicked for being d/c'd though, specially nowadays people tend not to wait for anything or anybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

  14. #114
    Mechagnome Monoxyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post

    Then the next time I'm in a group I can decide that waiting 5 seconds for the tank to pull the next group is too long and wasting my time and vote kick him out. Still a stupid reason. The problem is that nowadays everything has to be quick, even if it's just a minute, it's too long. I dislike that.
    that doesn't even make sense. how are being impatient about the tank waiting 5 seconds (for a cooldown to come up, just to make this realistic) and being kicked for putting your time above that of four other people the same thing?

  15. #115
    Going to the original post, it might not be a bug; it could be that you get the deserter debuff for getting kicked when not entering the dungeon. Makes sense because I could definitely see the possibility for abuse.
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire

  16. #116
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    that doesn't even make sense. how are being impatient about the tank waiting 5 seconds (for a cooldown to come up, just to make this realistic) and being kicked for putting your time above that of four other people the same thing?
    I didn't say anything about waiting for a "cooldown to come up". Your point was, that the group can decide what is too long for them. My point is that, so can I. But that doesn't make it reasonable. That's why I picked a very small timespan to show that it wouldn't be fair to kick someone just because I can.

    You're saying I would be impatient. But someone, who can't wait 1-2 minutes is also impatient.

    You're saying it's not fair to put my time above everyone else's. But when the group decides to kick someone because they don't want to wait 1 minute, they are doing exactly that. "Our time is more important than yours"

    And all of that because of a delay of maybe a couple of seconds. Because that's all it is. Having one less DPS in the group for 1-2 minutes will not delay your group run for 1-2 minutes. You can start without him. You'll have a little bit less DPS, but he's not blocking your progression. He'll join you about 1-2 minutes later, but he will not delay the dungeon run for 1-2 minutes. Only a couple of seconds.

    Posting in this thread took longer. But, ah, your time is so precious.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Happened for me too. I joined a heroic that had 4 other members same server and guild, they tell me to tank when I'm clearly dps spec, geared, and role. I tell them no. They vote kick me immediately, I got deserter. This is all within 30 seconds of joining the dungeon.

    How is this fair to me and inconvenient to them? They are obviously abusing the system, not me, as I joined the dungeon when I was ready and fully prepared to do my role.
    This guy has a good point. How often are vote-kicks actually justified? How often do three man premades, or even just impatient people in group that can't be fucked to wait for you to run in from the gate kick the straggler? You don't think having to sit in a 10+ minute (estimated) queue again is trouble enough?
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  18. #118
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    I am sorry for thinking a 1-2 minute wait wasn't too much? Hell, they could have pulled and killed some of the trash without me easily.
    I really hate that attitude. You're essentially telling the other four people that your time is more valuable than theirs: it isn't. Don't expect four strangers to carry you because you're "in the middle of something." I don't care if it's 1-2 minutes or 10-15: you're wasting their time. I don't care that it's super easy to four-man heroics: you're wasting their time. And I really don't like people that waste my time, then turn around and act all victimized, like it's my fault I'm upset that they're wasting my time. If you weren't ready for the instance, DON'T QUEUE.

  19. #119
    Holy fuck? Some of you guys need to listen to yourselves.

    "You deserved to get kicked for making your group wait that long"|

    It was a minute 30 seconds? Have some god damn patience, as the OP said they could've killed trash while waiting for him to finish up his daily. It was just rude to kick him. He really has no control over the queue and they could've easily gone on w/o him.

    OT: It's weird tbh, about half the times I've gotten kicked I've received deserter buffs and the other times I haven't.
    Last edited by Kneepel; 2012-12-18 at 06:19 PM.

  20. #120
    Holy fuck? Some of you guys need to listen to yourselves.

    "You deserved to get kicked for making your group wait that long"|

    It was a minute 30 seconds? Have some god damn patience, as the OP said they could've killed trash while waiting for him to finish up his daily. It was just rude to kick him. He really has no control over the queue and they could've easily gone on w/o him.

    OT: It's weird tbh, about half the times I've gotten kicked I've received deserter buffs and the other times I haven't.

    Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum View Post
    I really hate that attitude. You're essentially telling the other four people that your time is more valuable than theirs: it isn't. Don't expect four strangers to carry you because you're "in the middle of something." I don't care if it's 1-2 minutes or 10-15: you're wasting their time. I don't care that it's super easy to four-man heroics: you're wasting their time. And I really don't like people that waste my time, then turn around and act all victimized, like it's my fault I'm upset that they're wasting my time. If you weren't ready for the instance, DON'T QUEUE.
    He was obviously doing something to pass the time while he was queuing, what do you expect us to do, just sit around for 20 minutes doing nothing waiting?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •