Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

GW2 - What to do at level 80

I've just got my first character to level 75 and should hit 80 by the end of the week.

I've been leveling 5 characters at the same time so all the others are about lvl 40.

What I was looking for was a list of possible things to do at lvl 80.

I'm looking forward to:

1) Maxing 2 professions on each character
    2) Running fractals and other dungeons (possibly getting to level 15+ for the better gear)
    3) Completing the map to 100%

I also know there is sPVP I could try and WvWvW

The other possibilities are :
    4) Getting a legendary weapon
    5) Gaining tier gear (for the looks)

Are there other parts to this game I've missed. I'm hoping to be playing this game for a while so looking for a list of things to do once I hit 80.

Apologies if there is another thread on this, I went back 10 pages and also looked in the sticky section.

Cheers,
    Sonof

Deleted
    • Complete your personal story
    • Raise all crafting disciplines to level 400 -> Craft an exotic armor & weapons for your character
    • Create or purchase a full set of 20 slot bags
    • Find and complete all 43 jumping puzzles
    • Collect a set of armor from each dungeon in the game
    • Earn all possible PvE titles
    • Complete the current Monthly achievements
    • Get rich
    • Raise your sPvP rank (there is /rank emote now)
    • Unlock cosmetic armor & weapon skins for sPvP
    • Earn all sPvP titles
    • Help your world win in WvW
    • Complete all WvW achievements & titles

I have 2 lvl 80 characters. I haven't completed map or run all instance paths. My craftings aren't yet maxed and I do not even have full exotic sets. XD I am having too much fun doing jumping puzzles, WvW, sPvP and dungeons with guild.

I slowly work towards all of that I listed above and dream of legendary at some point in the future (many months will come and go). I play very casually and I am happy that I can do all this without being blocked out of content due gear, etc (yes I cannot go into fractals lvl10+, but it is ok for me. I am now lvl3 fractal, it will come with time).

What Iryne said. I have 5 characters, each on diffrent level range, slowly getting my second 80. I still havent done plenty of achievements (including most jumping puzzles), my world completition is 77% at best, I've never been into most of the dungeons and sPvP is still a mystery pretty much. I play casually, whenever I feel like or from content patch since no sub allows me to.

Same here lots to do yet...

Warrior at level 76, Necro at 58 and Ranger at 44. World explored may be 30%? Haven't done all dungeons, i'm at Fractals level 3 and still have lots to do. have tried pvp and like it but have yet to seriously spec and use signets/runes when i get time for it.

I don't know how people run out of things to do so quickly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The people that run out of things to do are the people that refuse to accept collecting Points of Interest as something to do. Map completion is an awful cop-out that players should be shunning. =O
    .....so now content is no longer content because it's content you refuse to take part in? /sigh
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't content. This isn't even a matter of opinion. Scattering a bunch of dots on a map for you to walk around and "touch" isn't content. Hearts are ok, but they're really not much different than a standard quest in other games, and there's only like 12 in any given zone. (Zero in Orr!) so, you know. Meh. Skill challenges look like the laziest thing ever, seems like 49% of them are no different than Points of Interest (walk up, click!), 49% are just "kill this one easy mob" and maybe 2% are actually interesting.

And events...good idea, and a good way to introduce content, but done so poorly.

Seriously, it's like A.Net hired 62 Artists (Because the art IS awesome) and two developers. What the hell were they DOING for five years?
    there is a lot of comprehension missing from your understanding of the topics you are discussing. lore is obviously not content to you if you think POIs are not content and something tells me you never played the first GW either otherwise you would not have even said that. then you rant about things and give percentages and numbers taken from who knows where to prove your view of the game? haha, like i said before, /sigh.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    there is a lot of comprehension missing from your understanding of the topics you are discussing. lore is obviously not content to you if you think POIs are not content and something tells me you never played the first GW either otherwise you would not have even said that. then you rant about things and give percentages and numbers taken from who knows where to prove your view of the game? haha, like i said before, /sigh.
    There really is no point trying to discuss things with him, people like that should just be put on ignore tbh. Makes this sub-forum less of a cesspool.

Are there other parts to this game I've missed. I'm hoping to be playing this game for a while so looking for a list of things to do once I hit 80.
    At level 80 you do more or less everything you did from 1-79.

No game in the Guild Wars series has an endgame. So what you entertain yourself with is essentially "busy work" [crafting, collecting armor, quest, etc] or minor achievement collecting.

It seems you have most of all the level 80 activities listed already. Do keep in mind Guild Wars is a franchise aimed at casual players. So don't rush it all once you get to 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It seems you have most of all the level 80 activities listed already. Do keep in mind Guild Wars is a franchise aimed at casual players. So don't rush it all once you get to 80.
    A couple months ago I had that same outlook and then they nerfed the crap out of open world looting so now I’m stuck buying high end gear for inflated prices while some monetization idiot thinks it’s a great idea to kill everything but fractal dungeons.
    At the core your statement is right, there isn’t much point rushing now and frankly you can’t if you are new because you won’t be able to gear up worth crap. As for those who have played since the beginning, do yourselves a favor, keep low level greens because you’ll need them when you roll a new toon.

Deleted
    At level 80 you do more or less everything you did from 1-79.

No game in the Guild Wars series has an endgame. So what you entertain yourself with is essentially "busy work" [crafting, collecting armor, quest, etc] or minor achievement collecting.

actually gw1 had endgame zones aswell as heroic mode for the group story quests and it was far from casual

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't recommend making a legendary unless:

1) You have people funneling items to you (helping you)
    2) You play the game for many hours a day so you might as well. (Probably like 5-6+)
    3) You managed to hit the lottery and got hundreds of gold. Or you buy gold with gems.

Otherwise it's just way too large of an investment for something so small. Many exotics look awesome, like the Chainsaw Greatsword being better than most legendaries and it's only 40g.

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    actually gw1 had endgame zones aswell as heroic mode for the group story quests and it was far from casual
    I played GW1 for years. And still do.

There has never been an endgame in any of the Guild Wars games. They are not hardcore games either by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    A couple months ago I had that same outlook and then they nerfed the crap out of open world looting so now I’m stuck buying high end gear for inflated prices while some monetization idiot thinks it’s a great idea to kill everything but fractal dungeons.
    At the core your statement is right, there isn’t much point rushing now and frankly you can’t if you are new because you won’t be able to gear up worth crap. As for those who have played since the beginning, do yourselves a favor, keep low level greens because you’ll need them when you roll a new toon.
    Can't say I have had that experience.

I don't enjoy dungeons much and mostly explore/wander the open world. It's still super fun. I am also decked out in exotics and have more gold and karma than things to spend it on. I might be at the karma cap actually. Though I do have well over 300 gold at this point across all characters; 5 total.

Haven't played in a couple of weeks [ssd, no space] but everything seemed pretty much the same up to about 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    I wouldn't recommend making a legendary unless:

1) You have people funneling items to you (helping you)
    2) You play the game for many hours a day so you might as well. (Probably like 5-6+)
    3) You managed to hit the lottery and got hundreds of gold. Or you buy gold with gems.

Otherwise it's just way too large of an investment for something so small. Many exotics look awesome, like the Chainsaw Greatsword being better than most legendaries and it's only 40g.
    Didn't they say that Legionaries will always be the best weapons? I feel like I recall them basically saying that even if they release better gear the Legendary stats will scale up to always be better. If that is the case it isn't really a small thing and it doesn't matter very much if it take you a year or two to make one. I could be misremembering though.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the constructive responses. I just took a look at the legendaries and definitely won't be making either as they both look pants!

I have a long list to start working my way through, so I appreciate the responses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Didn't they say that Legionaries will always be the best weapons? I feel like I recall them basically saying that even if they release better gear the Legendary stats will scale up to always be better. If that is the case it isn't really a small thing and it doesn't matter very much if it take you a year or two to make one. I could be misremembering though.

I can confirm this, YES - your Legendary weapon will always be best in slot. It will not be replaced on the next tier or next expansion.

In addition to the things that Iryne listed, you can also find and complete the mini-dungeons (one of my favorite things to do). Some of them are triggered by completing certain events or event chains or collecting items to unlock them. Did one just this week with some friends - you may be familiar with the Fire Elemental boss at the reactor in Metrica Province? There is an item you can get there which during the event you can use to unlock various hidden areas of the reactor which lead to jumping in the reactor core for a mini dungeon.

There's very little documentation about these, it's all about exploration and discovery
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-12-18 at 08:21 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Keep things civil guys. Different people find different thing interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I have had that experience.

I don't enjoy dungeons much and mostly explore/wander the open world. It's still super fun. I am also decked out in exotics and have more gold and karma than things to spend it on. I might be at the karma cap actually. Though I do have well over 300 gold at this point across all characters; 5 total.

Haven't played in a couple of weeks [ssd, no space] but everything seemed pretty much the same up to about 2 weeks ago.
    You're right it's probably everyone's imagination; https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...r-a-bug-Merged but i would say likely not considering there have been record numbers reporting the same thing and there have been no responses from Anet. It's an issue that will bite them in the ass as it affects every area of the game and this is pretty obvious if you look at prices in the TP. Also as i mentioned anyone that hit 80 early on before the nerf is not feeling this yet and would be decked out in exotics but that will change when your gold runs dry.
    Last edited by Vlad Morbius; 2012-12-18 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    You're right it's probably everyone's imagination; https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...r-a-bug-Merged but i would say likely not considering there have been record numbers reporting the same thing and there have been no responses from Anet. It's an issue that will bite them in the ass as it affects every area of the game and this is pretty obvious if you look at prices in the TP. Also as i mentioned anyone that hit 80 early on before the nerf is not feeling this yet and would be decked out in exotics but that will change when your gold runs dry.
    I didn't say it was imaginary. Only that I haven't had the same experience.

Not really sure what there is to spend gold on in this game anyway. The only use seems to be repairs, travel and crafting. Crafting is largely useless aside from speed leveling new characters. Repairs and travel are trivial & easily avoided.

Most of my gold/karma stash is a result of not needing to spend it too often.

It isn't content. This isn't even a matter of opinion. Scattering a bunch of dots on a map for you to walk around and "touch" isn't content. Hearts are ok, but they're really not much different than a standard quest in other games, and there's only like 12 in any given zone. (Zero in Orr!) so, you know. Meh. Skill challenges look like the laziest thing ever, seems like 49% of them are no different than Points of Interest (walk up, click!), 49% are just "kill this one easy mob" and maybe 2% are actually interesting.

And events...good idea, and a good way to introduce content, but done so poorly.

Seriously, it's like A.Net hired 62 Artists (Because the art IS awesome) and two developers. What the hell were they DOING for five years?
    Yeah dude we get it. You don't find GW2 fun. You've been posting in every thread acting negative about GW2 since release. Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played GW1 for years. And still do.

There has never been an endgame in any of the Guild Wars games. They are not hardcore games either by design.
    So you think HM WiK/WoC and the general insane difficulty (to a noob) due to the recent Ele buffs which also carry over to pve mobs are simply casual? Lol it's a pretty hardcore game nowadays if you ask me. A new player will likely just quit the game because failing missions and dying constantly isn't that fun. I think some missions in factions are literally impossible to complete with henchmen now, I've even tried myself. You get instagibbed even while pulling and you can't pre-prot with henchies. I don't see a noob getting around that shit.

Thankfully there are people like me around and with a full party of heroes I can carry new players when I'm bored, but it is by no means casual especially the newest content released imo. Can't have clouded judgement because we have been playing the game for years and are used to it. Dungeons are still pretty difficult as well when you aren't gimmicking like you will never see a PuG complete the last slaver's boss lol...

GW2 is true casual.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2012-12-19 at 02:00 PM.