Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    I see many topics about ganking, pvp and possible solutions last couple of weeks. So i came with a solution which is kinda cool, i think.

The system makes some sort of bounty on your head when you have killed the same person more than 3 times. Then it decreases the honor gained by 25% and if 0 it increases honor with 25% on your head.

This is how it works.

Ganker kills victim 1st time: 100% - 25% = 75% honor
    ganker kills victim 2nd time: 75% - 25% = 50% honor
    ganker kills victim 3rd time: 50% - 25% = 25% honor

Ganker kills victim 4th time: 25% - 25% = 0 honor / system adds 100% + 25% honorbonus = 125% honor on your head when someone kills you.
    Announcement in chat: Alliance / Horde assassin <playername> is wandering in this region!

Ganker kills victim 5th time: 0 - 25% = 0 honor / system adds 125% + 25% honorbonus = 150% honor on your head when someone kills you.
    Announcement in chat: Alliance / Horde assassin <playername> is on a killing spree in this region!

Ganker kills victim 6th time: 0 - 25% = 0 honor / system adds 150% + 25% honorbonus = 175% honor on your head when someone kills you.
    Announcement in chat: Alliance / Horde assassin <playername> is rampaging in this region!

Ganker kills victim 7th time: 0 - 25% = 0 honor / system adds 175% + 25% honorbonus = 200% honor on your head when someone kills you.
    Announcement in chat: Alliance / Horde assassin <playername> is unstoppable in this region! Kill on sight!
    Every player from oppossing faction as the ganker gets +15% attack power buff that lasts for 10 minutes or until ganker is killed. Only 1 buff can be active at a time.

Ganker kills victim 8th time: 0 - 25% = 0 honor / system bans the player for 24 hours from the game.
    Or ganker is killed.
    Announcement in chat: Alliance / Horde assassin <playername> is assassinated!

I think that makes it for the gankers less interesting to gank over the time.

You had me going till you made the 8th step. Player gets banned wtf??

So what about you are questing minding your business and you get ganked and you kill the guy that ganked you. Witch it actually happens most of the time for me. I kill the ganker.

So the guy comes back for revenge, again and again, and i get banned because i killed him 8 times?

So there is World pvp going on at X place and there is like 20 alliance there and 15 horde of something and we team up to defeat them.I get banned because I got 8 killing blows during the teamfight?

Yeah right.

It would be nice if after you get 10 kills without dying you get a bounty, but after the 3rd? wtf? in crowed arenas the chat would be spammed all the time.

And you get the opposite faction a buff? for 10min ? I am seeing it getting exploited for raiding. get the buff and be summoned to raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    When I used to play a PvP realm if some one "Ganked" me over and over, I'd /3, /g or ask a friend for help and it would turn into some fun PvP action.

If you hate PvP so much go to a PvE realm, thats why Blizzard has PvE realms, you know to use them if you don't like PvP. That's the solution. I'm tired of seeing people QQ about being killed. It's either don't flag yourself on a PvE realm or stay off the PvP realms. There are many, many, many PvE realms to choose from.
    I love pvp to be honest, but on the other hand, i love FAIR pvp, not some wankers that can't play this game normally that corpse camp you with a level difference of 50+. That's NOT pvp, that's sad behaviour. I even switch over to a lv1 toon of the opposite faction to whisper those who killed me of my own level (or a small difference) and congratulate them on a nice match. Tell me if you still like to level a toon on a PvP realm when you get buttfckd every 5 steps you take in wichever area you're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    You had me until the 8th time. I kind of like this idea save for the ban or instant ganker death. I don't think a temp ban is the right move, nor do I think outright killing them is the right move either. Having the system kill the ganker removes the incentive for other players to come do it. Leave it at number 7 and I could totally agree with it.
    Same here.
    Might be somewhat spammy with gankers in large regions, but it would make it more dangerous for them too. A risk more to take if you really want to kill somebody over and over.
    Banning them for it, is just a stupid suggestion.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Rewriting this to not bed rude.
    I don't believe it is a good idea. First off there is no problem so there doesn't need to be a solution. The proposed solution is just asking for people to exploit it. Friends trading kills for honor. Banning people for doing nothing wrong is absurd.

Don't play PvP realm then cry about PvP. I don't care what your excuse is for rolling on the realm or how many times you get ganked. You knew the risk when you rolled on that server. If you get ganked endlessly switch to a different toon until they leave, call for friends or guildies to help, level on PvE realm than transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

The solution to gankers is to either gank them back or ask for help from people in chat.... man, you know the game has gotten too casual when people think gankers need to get banned.

I love the idea...all the way up to the ban part... Take that out and I would play under a system like that. That would be fun, unless they were a rogue....>.> and somehow they couldnt fly, that would be cool too.

Deleted
    Proper system would increase gonor hained 50%/kill. Ganking should be promoted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yskonijn View Post
    I love pvp to be honest, but on the other hand, i love FAIR pvp, not some wankers that can't play this game normally that corpse camp you with a level difference of 50+. That's NOT pvp, that's sad behaviour. I even switch over to a lv1 toon of the opposite faction to whisper those who killed me of my own level (or a small difference) and congratulate them on a nice match. Tell me if you still like to level a toon on a PvP realm when you get buttfckd every 5 steps you take in wichever area you're in.
    Exactly why you can xfer or make a new toon on a PvE realm. I started on a PvP realm and loved it. I used to get camped and all that other stuff, but I would switch to my higher level toon or get friends or anyone in the area to help me and turn it into some world PvP. Now nobody wants to help or some other crap. It's a war between Alliance and Horde. If they have a weapon and are against you, they die. That's the story of the game.

Ps: PvE realms.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quoting Daxxari

This is going to sound weird, and while I do empathize with the frustration that's being expressed in this thread, this conversation still warms the cockles of my black little heart.

Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.

Life on a PvP realm can be nasty, brutish and short. Justice is in very short supply. Every action you take in the world carries with it an added level of risk, from questing, to hunting down profession materials, to simply traveling from place to place. You can be attacked at any time, sometimes by an overwhelming force. Of course, the shoe can also be on the other foot, and you'll be able to turn the tables on your attacker, or find clever ways to delay them or escape from them. Some will become roaming slayers, seeking out enemies to destroy.

In short, the experience on a PvP server is different. We want it to be different, and that includes everything from honorable conflict on the field of battle to horribly despicable ganking. It's all part of the fabric that makes a PvP server what it is.

Let the blood be spilled.
    Nothing needs to be done

Deleted
    Get of my PvP servers you damn whiner.

if you can't handle it, don't play on a PvP server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Exactly why you can xfer or make a new toon on a PvE realm. I started on a PvP realm and loved it. I used to get camped and all that other stuff, but I would switch to my higher level toon or get friends or anyone in the area to help me and turn it into some world PvP. Now nobody wants to help or some other crap. It's a war between Alliance and Horde. If they have a weapon and are against you, they die. That's the story of the game.

Ps: PvE realms.
    Good point here. In my particulair case, it's my first and only toon on the realm. No friends or guildies that can help out and the people in the zone ignore me and tell me not to bitch about it. On the other hand, i've made it this far already, even if i spend most of the time in ghost form, sort of speak, but still it slightly frustrates me that high level people pick on the lower, defensiveless ones, just for whatever reason they have. I really would LOVE to hear their reason, so i just can understand what goes on in their minds and accept it completely.

Ya, please just stop...

15+ Year Old Account
    I got one solution, log your main or call your friends...

I can't believe how spoiled players have become.

P.S: Daxx

Seriously just server change. No matter how much complain it isn't going to change. or level through dungeons and battle grounds.

About you quit the game or you just reroll on a pve server, its just look that PvP is not for you, this is too much

Much easier solution would be to make lower level characters invulnerable to higher level characters.
    Like players below level 10 can't be attacked by players of the other faction.

On level 90 pvp flag works just fine.

Anyway, I think that pvp-pve realm system is outdated.
    With implementation of CRZ you can just put all the people with pvp flag in one virtual zone. Just imaging how it looks like - hundreds of people, all pvp geared, prepared to fight and willing to kill each other. You want to have some world pvp fun? You turn your pvp flag on and you are in a zone with hundreds people fighting each other.
    Even if you are on single-faction realm or on pve realm, you will sill be able to get to this pvp crz zone and have fun.

At current point "world pvp" does not even exist. All that you can see in the world is random cowards attacking lowbies and running away when they see pvp-geared players. You can complete all the dailies on balanced 50-50 pvp server and never get attacked by other faction. You'll even get help from them - they'll help you killing elite quest monsters, again, without attacking you.

Crz pvp zones will solve most of the world pvp problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Stop solving non existant problems.
    This. There isn't a problem to be solved here and banning a player for ganking is beyond ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Proper system would increase gonor hained 50%/kill. Ganking should be promoted.

Just give the ganker minus 1000 honour and minus 500 conquest for every kill of a player with more then 10 level under you . Starting from the 3rd kill.
    And alow honour and conquest to go in negative values .

Did you remember Vanilla "disonorable kills " ? Well , put them back in game .

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Just give the ganker minus 1000 honour and minus 500 conquest for every kill of a player with more then 10 level under you . Starting from the 3rd kill.
    And alow honour and conquest to go in negative values .

Did you remember Vanilla "disonorable kills " ? Well , put them back in game .
    That's just silly, i often help friends and lower levels who are getting ganked by people their own level, but in like 3v1 so they have just as much chance as the low levels do against me, So with your system i wouldn't be able to help a friend? And also city attacks, with the AOE going on it would be impossible to not kill lowbies as they would kamikaze into the higher levels, Poor system There is a reason Dishonorable kills were removed

Deleted
    with the AOE going on it would be impossible to not kill lowbies
    if you kill lowbies then you deserve your conquest point penalty . If you kill it more then 3 consecutive times is not an accident anymore , is gank.
    Fight people your level . "Heroes" .