Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ...
35
43
44
45
46
47
55
... LastLast
  1. #881
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,615
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I agree 100%. They can add more detail to "simpler" models such as patterns or designs.
    They could have done a lot more simple things that give an epic feel. Having Jedi get simple metal or leather circlets that have crystals that project effects outward, around their head, or for the whole body is just one concept. Likewise the Warr/Inquis could have body armor that channels their dark force as some kind of graphic around their whole body.

    Also I think the game suffers fromt he lack of 'true' HD textures. They could add lots of engraving and/or light effects in small ways into otherwise plain armor pieces to distinguish them as more than a reskin. And no, I'm talking about the Tron stuff we're seeing now. Also, more layering of simple pieces like the new Knight armor (under the robe) does wonders in this game. Just using layers of cloth/leather/metal to create something 'complicated' with a simple principle. The actual shape doesn't need to be so outrageous to achieve that concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Just like the prequels.
    Pretty sure those are still in his ass. It would explain why it's such a miserable experience to watch them still. Liam and Ewan and Christopher Lee are the only saving grace in an abysmal trilogy of poop.
    BAD WOLF

  2. #882
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Pretty sure those are still in his ass. It would explain why it's such a miserable experience to watch them still. Liam and Ewan and Christopher Lee are the only saving grace in an abysmal trilogy of poop.

    Just to indulge a tangent...Episode 3 is not that bad. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't hold a candle to IV or V, but its about on par with VI. The one thing that they did manage to do in Episode 3 was finally have a Lightsaber battle that involved some emotion and that you care about. It went on for far too long, but you had gone an entire movie building to this confrontation, and its a confrontation you had been waiting to happen for 3 movies.

  3. #883
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Just to indulge a tangent...Episode 3 is not that bad. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't hold a candle to IV or V, but its about on par with VI. The one thing that they did manage to do in Episode 3 was finally have a Lightsaber battle that involved some emotion and that you care about. It went on for far too long, but you had gone an entire movie building to this confrontation, and its a confrontation you had been waiting to happen for 3 movies.
    I totally agree with you on this point. I always thought 3 was on par with 6. Mostly it's because I wasn't a huge fan of 6 anyway, but I thought 3 was so much better than 1 and 2. Plus, General Grievous was pretty fucking cool.

  4. #884
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I totally agree with you on this point. I always thought 3 was on par with 6. Mostly it's because I wasn't a huge fan of 6 anyway, but I thought 3 was so much better than 1 and 2. Plus, General Grievous was pretty fucking cool.
    My favorite reimaging of Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y

    I wish I could adjust my head canon appropriately.

  5. #885
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,615
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Just to indulge a tangent...Episode 3 is not that bad. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't hold a candle to IV or V, but its about on par with VI. The one thing that they did manage to do in Episode 3 was finally have a Lightsaber battle that involved some emotion and that you care about. It went on for far too long, but you had gone an entire movie building to this confrontation, and its a confrontation you had been waiting to happen for 3 movies.
    A confrontation that had no weight because of all the piss poor everything that came before it. Removing Jar Jar binks and the terrible child actor, Ep 1 was by far the best of the 3. Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and the climax with Darth Maul was more notable in emotional weight and storytelling than every CGI bs that happened to follow. It would have probably made a more interestign series of movies to see Qui-Gon training a young Obi Wan.

    Naturally I disagree, lol.
    BAD WOLF

  6. #886
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,947
    You can not tell me that Obi-Wan + Qui Gon vs. Darth Maul had more weight that Obi-Wan vs. Anakin. Maul was a cool character, but how exactly was it remotely emotional until he killed QG? Conversely, you have Anakin slowly sinking into the Dark Side with Obi-Wan turning a blind eye most of the time, holding onto the words of QG that Anakin was the "chosen one". When Obi-Wan's fears are confirmed he confronts Anakin and attempts reasoning, pleading with Anakin to stop his madness. Then, with no other alternative, they fight. With the final stroke, Obi-Wan can not even deal the killing blow, just laments on how he had personally failed and how far Anakin had fallen.

    Maul was cool, but I think the thing that stood out for that character and fight sequence was that it was well coreographed and about the only part in the movie that wasn't filled with colassal BS. Also, the Duel of Fates music is BA. =)

  7. #887
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,615
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    You can not tell me that Obi-Wan + Qui Gon vs. Darth Maul had more weight that Obi-Wan vs. Anakin.
    I'm not talking about BS we made up in our heads because it's something we built up for decades. You can't look at it that way because they certainly didn't deliver that emotion in the story. That's fans imagining more than is there. I mean...I did it too. It was epic because it was supposed to be, not because it actually was. I fell victim to the same thinking when I first watched it. After reflecting on it though, I feel completely different.

    Conversely, Qui and Obi's relationship was subtely expressed with far more finesse and impact than anything betweem anakin and obi. The impact hit you when qui gon died and you felt vindicated when obi killed maul. The whole anakin obi lightsabers in mount doom (lol) was all fabricated experience. It's the difference between white water rafting on a class 5 and riding a kiddie roller coaster at a backwoods fair in our city's coliseum parking lot...lol.

    I'm getting way too far into literary criticism though, which should never be applied to something as trashy as the new SW movies.
    BAD WOLF

  8. #888
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm not talking about BS we made up in our heads because it's something we built up for decades. You can't look at it that way because they certainly didn't deliver that emotion in the story. That's fans imagining more than is there. I mean...I did it too. It was epic because it was supposed to be, not because it actually was. I fell victim to the same thinking when I first watched it. After reflecting on it though, I feel completely different.

    Conversely, Qui and Obi's relationship was subtely expressed with far more finesse and impact than anything betweem anakin and obi. The impact hit you when qui gon died and you felt vindicated when obi killed maul. The whole anakin obi lightsabers in mount doom (lol) was all fabricated experience. It's the difference between white water rafting on a class 5 and riding a kiddie roller coaster at a backwoods fair in our city's coliseum parking lot...lol.

    I'm getting way too far into literary criticism though, which should never be applied to something as trashy as the new SW movies.
    Nothing gonna beat Luke vs Vader, that emotion, that music. It was pure feeling of hatred that radiated from the screen.

  9. #889
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    A confrontation that had no weight because of all the piss poor everything that came before it. Removing Jar Jar binks and the terrible child actor, Ep 1 was by far the best of the 3. Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and the climax with Darth Maul was more notable in emotional weight and storytelling than every CGI bs that happened to follow. It would have probably made a more interestign series of movies to see Qui-Gon training a young Obi Wan.

    Naturally I disagree, lol.
    Ep1 had extensive CGI too. Some was awful (the entirey of Jar Jar), some great - Watto is an example of CGI used well. Fun, memorable character who was also well made in technical aspect. Jar Jar CGI aged horribly, Watto still looks good.

  10. #890
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,681
    what about people that dont have it like f2p players i guess everyone will be 55 and theyll be stuck at 50

  11. #891
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    what about people that dont have it like f2p players i guess everyone will be 55 and theyll be stuck at 50
    If the level cap raise is only included in ROTHC, then subscribers who don't buy ROTHC will be stuck at 50 too.

  12. #892
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruss View Post
    Ep1 had extensive CGI too. Some was awful (the entirey of Jar Jar), some great - Watto is an example of CGI used well. Fun, memorable character who was also well made in technical aspect. Jar Jar CGI aged horribly, Watto still looks good.
    I was merely referring to the fact that the weight of the action/emotion/scenes of the following movies became more reliant on flashy CGI instead of story telling. Like when Anakin and Obi were fighting in Molten Core...that totally happened.
    BAD WOLF

  13. #893
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,217
    I really hope they have some meaningful solo content. I seem to have become a hermit in MMOs . Kinda weird.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 11:57 PM ----------

    Please post stuffz from the Xpac here , who knows i might just pay a few more subs for SWTOR if it has improved enough.

  14. #894
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    ya know i love how subbers say they shouldnt have to pay for Xpacs when ALL of them PAID for the WoW Xpacs each time they came out. and those were FIFTY dollars per Xpac to boot( even i did)

    I already knew EXPANSIONS would cost money even for subs so $10 isnt a bad cost hell $20 STILL beats WoW Xpacs cost.......


    im still up in the air if i still want to be a subber or not. I still have a love of the game and my classes but with RL being so hectic not too much time to play sadly.
    I think you missed something. To me, Swtor expansion and WoW expansion, in content WoW expansion had more content than Cartel Hutt expansion. Well, thats how I feel about this. It would be a different matter if they had same amount of content, but frankly I do not believe that Swtor expansion should be called an expansion, more like a major patch.

    "New level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints: Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, and Cademimu." <--- This should be already in the game. This is just a recycled content. It would be fine if it were a major Patch and not expansion. (I believe Game Update 2.0 is with the expansion)
    Last edited by Lolman; 2013-02-22 at 02:31 AM.

  15. #895
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    "New level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints: Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, and Cademimu." <--- This should be already in the game. This is just a recycled content. It would be fine if it were a major Patch and not expansion. (I believe Game Update 2.0 is with the expansion)
    * RotHC dont charge you the same sum of a wow addon...

    * It's a bit lame, did hammer station and mandalorian raiders and there are no new mechanics - quite boring :/

    Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

  16. #896
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    * RotHC dont charge you the same sum of a wow addon...
    Here's the thing though...if a subscriber didn't have to pay for it, I could argue that maybe the pricing is valid...but I honestly doubt it. Only time will really tell, but I'd wager right now that this 'expansion' at 1/4 the cost of Mists won't come close to having as many features or content as Mists will when it is done.

    And this isn't comparing quality, or whatever, so no need for any apologists to come here to create game vs game. It's just a price point versus what you get for it. Charging subscribers for this is a sad cash grab, where they know most people who already give them $15 a month will surely give them $10 more to keep playing the game.

    It's a pretty textbook example of taking advantage of your loyal market and squeezing juuuust a bit more out of them. It should have been free for the people who have been loyal to them in their transition and it's incredibly poor form that it isn't.
    BAD WOLF

  17. #897
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It's a pretty textbook example of taking advantage of your loyal market and squeezing juuuust a bit more out of them. It should have been free for the people who have been loyal to them in their transition and it's incredibly poor form that it isn't.
    Although your opinion is totally wrong on the Episode 1 vs. Episode 3 front (mainly because its different mine which is the absolute correct opinion), on this subject I agree 100%. 2.0 is shaping up to look very nice...as a content patch. As an expansion where the vendor charges me money in order to purchase it when I already pay a $15 / month sub fee, well that's where it doesn't look like a very sweet deal. The fact that the cost is double for FREE-to-Play players just throws acid into the face of logic.

  18. #898
    If they sold the expansion on the CM it would be okay-ish.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Recluse - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Rhino- Dreadnought - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  19. #899
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    If they sold the expansion on the CM it would be okay-ish.
    I agree. I still a sliver of hope that they do decide to do this. I've been stockpiling my coins in this hope.

  20. #900
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Although your opinion is totally wrong on the Episode 1 vs. Episode 3 front (mainly because its different mine which is the absolute correct opinion), on this subject I agree 100%. 2.0 is shaping up to look very nice...as a content patch. As an expansion where the vendor charges me money in order to purchase it when I already pay a $15 / month sub fee, well that's where it doesn't look like a very sweet deal. The fact that the cost is double for FREE-to-Play players just throws acid into the face of logic.
    I'm willing to take a wait and see approach here. Aside from the gear, new Op, and new FPs, there is still more to be given. If the only other thing they add is Makeb, I' definitely won't feel the content is worth the asking price for subs and especially not for F2P. So far, 2.0 is definitely a step in the right direction, but there's much more for them to add in order to make me call this an expansion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •