Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That video left me with a huge "and?"
    :/

Don't care about fancy cinematic. Game play, features, ect. Those are the real meat of an expansion trailer.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

Don't care about fancy cinematic. Game play, features, ect. Those are the real meat of an expansion trailer.
    I really believe that there's zero hype right now about SWTOR. Let's hope some news would come out for the new abilities and some information about the beta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

Pretty much my opinion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    According to Bioware, F2P transition and Cartel Items are a hugh success. Now I could try to find a reason why Bioware is lying but I'm sure someone else will do a much better job than me
    Sure they where, most players getting complementary cartel coins probably bought them creating success by default, the interesting question would be how many bought coins for them specifically and how big percentage of them are subscribers. My belief is that they simply shrunk their paying player base at this point, even if they have more players.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I think the Makeb "thing" will show how much we will hear from SWTOR over the next few years.
    Perhaps, looking at it from an outside view it's far from impressive, especially when looking at the rest of the market, so I fail to see how it will help them grow or even keep their current player base, time will possibly tell through EA's financial reports, if they don't lump the numbers up to "hide" them.

My personal Opinon.

Like I stated early in this thread to me this is a content update that cost sub members 10$ and f2p members 20$ and it is not worth the price to ether side.

I also feel that if this dose not sell well it will be the final nail in the coffin for SWTOR.

I'm not bashing SWTOR I had high hopes for it but SWTOR needs to ether go B2P like TSW or just die off.

Now if SWTOR was 100% B2p I would play the hell out of it and even accpt paying for content updates but as long as its p2p+extended trial It holds no interest to me.

Been trying to get back into it as a f2p member just so I can have fun soloing world boss's but being locked on so much is annoying.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

that has to be the worst trailer video they have EVER done...... sounds alot like the Cademimu FP where the leaders are saying all is status quo and obey or die.

also just noticed this lil tidbit on FB just now

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130123

seems like they are trying to give a lil something now for all of those that did not pre-order the "expansion"......

MAYBE i MIGHT just put in some interest in a pre-order that pet looks cool

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    that has to be the worst trailer video they have EVER done...... sounds alot like the Cademimu FP where the leaders are saying all is status quo and obey or die.

also just noticed this lil tidbit on FB just now

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130123

seems like they are trying to give a lil something now for all of those that did not pre-order the "expansion"......

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Apparently empire and republic will work together to defeat the Hutt Cartel. I'm quite curious as to the lore reasons for the partnership if that really is the case.
    it makes it easy on having to develop more content for BOTH faction. if both factions have their own agendas BW will need to develop story and missions for both factions. this way they dont need to go too far into story and make it where both factions do the same missions just add a lil more VO

Amazing how hard they try to get people to buy something that they have no information about.

it makes it easy on having to develop more content for BOTH faction. if both factions have their own agendas BW will need to develop story and missions for both factions. this way they dont need to go too far into story and make it where both factions do the same missions just add a lil more VO
    Because the game really needs less depth and more streamlined content, not to mention the ridiculous notion of the empire and the republic working together. Makes me so sad when gamers make excuses for developers that in effect means the overall quality of games drops.

Not sure if others will feel the same.

But if this xpac "aka content update" has both factions working together I swear to all things unholy I hope EA burns for it.

This is Star wars making The Republic and the Sith work together in any way shape or forum will be majorly depressing.

This early in SWTOR's life and they release content where both sides must work together to me is a really bad sign and is just pure lazy.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Because the game really needs less depth and more streamlined content, not to mention the ridiculous notion of the empire and the republic working together. Makes me so sad when gamers make excuses for developers that in effect means the overall quality of games drops.
    I have many things I dislike about many games and not one time have a hoped for a game or game company to just die off but....

If they pull the whole empire and republic must work together for the greater good shit I really hope for the bottom of my heart EA/Bioware and SWTOR die's off in a painful death.

In games like wow I could see it but in star wars....FUCK NO.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-23 at 07:11 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I think there might be precedent, and that it would be fine, if they both worked independently towards a shared goal (i.e. bigger baddie threatens both, so they both work independently against the bigger baddy but never work together on anything). But working together, I feel like that would be crossing the line (as a casual Star Wars fan using my scant knowledge of the universe).

And they set themselves up for this. They took a property that has two factions that are at odds with each other and don't (again, to my knowledge) have a history of working together for anything. They knew that they wouldn't be able to create shared content between the two without potentially causing lore issues. If they weren't prepared to ensure that there are 2 different storyline going on at all times, then they shouldn't have taken it on.

Amazing how hard they try to get people to buy something that they have no information about.

hey i aint one of the nuckleheads yet Als but am thinking about it like i said the pet looks cool

also never said that the streamlining was a SMART idea but with BWs past moves it just makes sense they have very little interest in what the true Lors of SW is all about Imp vs. Repubs and Sith vs. Jedi.

its the easy way i never said it is the right way

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not sure if others will feel the same.

But if this xpac "aka content update" has both factions working together I swear to all things unholy I hope EA burns for it.

This is Star wars making The Republic and the Sith work together in any way shape or forum will be majorly depressing.

This early in SWTOR's life and they release content where both sides must work together to me is a really bad sign and is just pure lazy.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 07:10 PM ----------

I have many things I dislike about many games and not one time have a hoped for a game or game company to just die off but....

If they pull the whole empire and republic must work together for the greater good shit I really hope for the bottom of my heart EA/Bioware and SWTOR die's off in a painful death.

AMNE dude AMEN this is a total BullS**T move they are going and its why my play time has dwindled from 4-6 hrs to 1 maybe 2 for a dailies run on some planet

I think there might be precedent, and that it would be fine, if they both worked independently towards a shared goal (i.e. bigger baddie threatens both, so they both work independently against the bigger baddy but never work together on anything). But working together, I feel like that would be crossing the line (as a casual Star Wars fan using my scant knowledge of the universe).

And they set themselves up for this. They took a property that has two factions that are at odds with each other and don't (again, to my knowledge) have a history of working together for anything. They knew that they wouldn't be able to create shared content between the two without potentially causing lore issues. If they weren't prepared to ensure that there are 2 different storyline going on at all times, then they shouldn't have taken it on.
    Even "to me at lease" a shared goal is crossing the line.

Its the Empire and the Republic...No just no.

As I said in games like WOW I could see it working just because of lore alone would make it fit right.

But in Starwars its a no.

"that's my opinion anyway"

hey i aint one of the nuckleheads yet Als but am thinking about it like i said the pet looks cool

also never said that the streamlining was a SMART idea but with BWs past moves it just makes sense they have very little interest in what the true Lors of SW is all about Imp vs. Repubs and Sith vs. Jedi.

its the easy way i never said it is the right way
    Fair enough, you made it sound like it was just fine that they made it easy for them self by ignoring the polarities between the two factions.

AMNE dude AMEN this is a total BullS**T move they are going and its why my play time has dwindled from 4-6 hrs to 1 maybe 2 for a dailies run on some planet
    I was really hoping SWTOR would be to me what early SWG "because the patch that 3/4 po left the game on" was for my brother. I never got a chance to play SWG before it went to shit.

And the more EA/Bioware milks the starwars name and dose stupid shit the more I just really hate both company's.

Not to start a fight but if SWTOR was done right it would have been the next big MMO or at lease the 2nd most large sub mmo.

"Please EA/Bioware just pull the plug on this"

I know many people still enjoy SWTOR and I'm happy for you. But its clear EA/Bioware have no clue where they want SWTOR to go or how to get there.

well in the lates SW EU series Fate of the Jedi there IS a force that threatens the galaxy as a whole but STILL the Sith of that series are out to destroy the Jedi not WORK with them.... only a TWO of those Sith lords worked with Luke and Ben and the WHOLE time they were trying to KILL them while trying to kill Abeloth
    and even throughout the series with the Vong and Si Ruuk Empire worked with Repubs abd still tried killing them during the process

BW/EA is doing SERIOUS lore damage with this expansion if they go this route. not to mention the damage they did with both Smugglers and Bounty Hunters i fear we are on a very Dark path that there is no end but pain and anger

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 07:22 PM ----------

Fair enough, you made it sound like it was just fine that they made it easy for them self by ignoring the polarities between the two factions.
    HELL NOOO dude lol i made my trooper to DESTROY burn vaporize and other words of death and destruction the Empire this is STUPID and I just cant...........

i have no words for this action

well in the lates SW EU series Fate of the Jedi there IS a force that threatens the galaxy as a whole but STILL the Sith of that series are out to destroy the Jedi not WORK with them.... only a TWO of those Sith lords worked with Luke and Ben and the WHOLE time they were trying to KILL them while trying to kill Abeloth
    and even throughout the series with the Vong and Si Ruuk Empire worked with Repubs abd still tried killing them during the process

BW/EA is doing SERIOUS lore damage with this expansion if they go this route. not to mention the damage they did with both Smugglers and Bounty Hunters i fear we are on a very Dark path that there is no end but pain and anger
    Like I said if they do pull that stunt I personally feel it will be the final nail in the coffin of SWTOR. Because so many will leave just because the lore got destroyed that nothing could save it from shutting down.

I know nothing is officially until its release but charging for what would be the death of SWTOR is a bit much on its own. Now this.....I really feel EA/Bioware is milking SWTOR now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

I'm sure it'll be more like this:

Republic- Stop the Hutt Cartel and dismantle its forces
    Empire- Kill the Hutt Cartel leadership and claim its forces for their own

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    I'm sure it'll be more like this:

Republic- Stop the Hutt Cartel and dismantle its forces
    Empire- Kill the Hutt Cartel leadership and claim its forces for their own
    If it has anything like.

The Republic and Empire work together to do......

Ill just fucken cry.

That's the biggest issue with taking a franchise with a well established universe; you're pretty hamstrung with regards to your freedom to design the game in certain ways.

Example: Rift merged factions pre-expansion (except on PvP servers, but you could still group for dungeons/raids ect). There was no lore precedent that made it "questionable" to have the two factions put aside their differences in order to defeat the rift invaders, just that they didn't like each other and had previously fought. Trion has the freedom to do whatever they want to the lore/story in order to help support gameplay decisions, because they aren't under any prior story-based constraints.

SWTOR though, does have a lot of them, which causes development problems. If they wanted to merge factions, which would probably be a good thing gameplay-wise, they'd never be able to because the lore (to my knowledge) flat out doesn't support it.

Oh well, we'll see how closely the two "work together" soon hopefully. I'm alright if they are basically setting up a temporary non-aggression pact to individually deal with the Hutts (i.e. they don't work together, they just won't actively go after each other during that time but will still totally fight each other if the situation lends itself to a fight), but anything beyond that just seems shady to me (as a casual Star Wars fan).

Lol, people still play this game? Pretty much the biggest flop in gaming history.

Contribute or don't post
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-23 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me, the video (combined with the recent pre-order bonus) basically says
    "Even though it's been a month since the announcement, we still have nothing more to show or tell you. Hey, here's some more shinies. Buy it now."

:\