Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    new max l content ? hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Miminz View Post
    new max l content ? hell yeah
    Now you can wait half a year for new content at level 55!

I jest.

I hope SSSP info comes out soon.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yeah I didn't notice anything in the video and don't lurk on the official boards...so I'd have to agree. I think they are crazy and dumb at this point, but not to that extent. Having the two sides work together doesn't even 'technically' happen in WoW. We might work to the same goal, since we're always on the verge of apocalypse, but Sith are not written to be out to receive or give help to Jedi in any capacity.
    Sith Warrior Story.. you are helping a Jedi because you have no way to "persuade" him at that time.

I don't think we'll see Sith/ Jedi happily living together side by side, however though we had in and around SWTOR a lot of interactions between both factions so having another interaction is entirely possible. I just hope for Bioware they didn't tune it in a way that we'll actually are going to end up in the future with 1 story line for both factions...

No class stories really is one of the biggest letdowns of this expansion, it was one of the major things that made this game unique and it will make leveling alts (50 to 55) really boring.

Worse now any new companions will be generic, shared and likley half assed (like HK-51 while being cool he is half assed because gifts are the only way to get affection)
    Last edited by Argroth; 2013-01-26 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Sith Warrior Story.. you are helping a Jedi because you have no way to "persuade" him at that time.

I don't think we'll see Sith/ Jedi happily living together side by side, however though we had in and around SWTOR a lot of interactions between both factions so having another interaction is entirely possible. I just hope for Bioware they didn't tune it in a way that we'll actually are going to end up in the future with 1 story line for both factions...
    I think the point being that the empire character would always have an ulterior motive for that type of interaction, one that in the end would allow him to come out on top while getting rid of he's opponent. They might pull it off once or twice if they make up good stories around it but I don't see true SW fans going along with it to any major degree.

That video looked very "affordable." The narration sounded like my brother-in-law did it on a YouTube upload. I suppose we'd better get used to it. At least they're still rendering a cinematic and not just showing slides of charcoal drawings like The Matrix Online (sob...) when the budget was zeroed.

Still experimenting...

Quote Originally Posted by Clattuc View Post
    That video looked very "affordable." The narration sounded like my brother-in-law did it on a YouTube upload. I suppose we'd better get used to it. At least they're still rendering a cinematic and not just showing slides of charcoal drawings like The Matrix Online (sob...) when the budget was zeroed.
    That game was such a disappointment to me.

Deleted
    New epic gear?

Last edited by mmocafc5faf701; 2013-01-29 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    That game (The Matrix Online) was such a disappointment to me.
    It was sad in a lot of ways but oh boy, I'll never forget jacking in for the first time - what a rush!

Still experimenting...

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to give the game another try but the new expansion hardly feels like an expansion based on the videos and I don't see putting in $10-20 for the expansion to be worth every dollar based on the content they're giving, feels more like a major patch.

Not sure if 2.0 will be the expansion or the patch right before the expansion (alla how WoW does it) but it's related to the expansion either way. I am assuming that this change will affect everyone not just people who buy the expansion.

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Good news everyone! Upper Hand and Tactical Advantage proc laugh/giggle is coming back in 2.0! Your Scoundrel or Operative will now chuckle most heartily when they gain their first UP/TA when they previously had zero. Before we took it out completely the sound was playing every time you gained an UP/TA and was really spamming everyone with their infectious chortles. I really miss the giggle so I’m glad we are bringing it back, hope yall enjoy it as well!

Cheers!

(Source)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Not sure if 2.0 will be the expansion or the patch right before the expansion (alla how WoW does it) but it's related to the expansion either way. I am assuming that this change will affect everyone not just people who buy the expansion.
    I think there has to be a patch before/right when ROTHC launches. And this patch will have to include every gear texture from ROTHC or any other content from ROTHC that can be taken "outside" Makeb and shown to other players. Otherwise, people who don't get the expansion would see either black/invisible or untextured characters. At least that's how I think the game is made, all graphic content is loaded from assets that are installed on everyone's own PC/laptops no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruss View Post
    I think there has to be a patch before/right when ROTHC launches. And this patch will have to include every gear texture from ROTHC or any other content from ROTHC that can be taken "outside" Makeb and shown to other players. Otherwise, people who don't get the expansion would see either black/invisible or untextured characters. At least that's how I think the game is made, all graphic content is loaded from assets that are installed on everyone's own PC/laptops no?
    Most likely this, it's the way WoW does it at least. Unless they will actually force people to pay for the expansion to use the updated skill trees and to be able to see players that own Makeb gear , mounts etc.

I just wish the expansion contained more than one new planet. This was a chance to finally break from the super linear leveling and they didn't take it. For me this is the second biggest disappointment; the first being no advancement in the class stories.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Most likely this, it's the way WoW does it at least. Unless they will actually force people to pay for the expansion to use the updated skill trees and to be able to see players that own Makeb gear , mounts etc.
    No way IMO they would ever do that. Seeing players in Makeb gear is free and best promo to get everyone else to purchase the expansion. Not to mention that not being able to see players in Makeb gear would be game breaking (not seeing guild mates/group members, trading etc ?). Nah, there will have to be a patch that will update key areas of the standard game with Makeb features/functionality.
    Last edited by mmocafc5faf701; 2013-02-18 at 04:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not enough for me, imo. I'm pretty greedy but:

- Still no SGR between companions.
    - A new planet is welcome, but I wish they'd do a quick overhaul of existing planets/offer more variety in leveling.
    - No changes that I've seen to the horrible f2p model (I have to pay to be able to hide my helmet...what???)
    - No new end-game activities (as in nothing new apart from more PvE content)

I suppose some of this is subject to change, but I have to wonder if they didn't get what the negative feedback was about when the game first launched. Or maybe they just don't care. I'll keep an eye on it because I absolutely adored the world, planets, and stories of SWTOR but it's hard to justify a subscription fee for a game that you play as a single-player game. Oh and yes, I know you don't absolutely have to play with a subscription. But I'd rather not torture myself and be treated like a peasant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    - Still no SGR between companions.
    At this point, the only thing we can hope for is 2 new companions (same for every class). They will never modify existing companions, too many of them and they're all class-unique. So best we can do is push for HK-51-like 2 new companions who in addition would provide gay and lesbian romance options. Nothing more is realistic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    - A new planet is welcome, but I wish they'd do a quick overhaul of existing planets/offer more variety in leveling.
    Not sure what you mean. In leveling? I don't think TOR has leveling problems, it's the strongest part of the game
    Last edited by mmocafc5faf701; 2013-02-18 at 05:02 AM.

Not sure what you mean. In leveling? I don't think TOR has leveling problems, it's the strongest part of the game
    The class stories are strong as hell. The fact that you essentially have only one leveling path through planets to experience that class story though, isn't. If you're going to bill story, and the awesomeness of leveling multiple characters to experience all their stories as a high point of the game, IMO you should provide enough secondary content (fluff quests) so that you don't end up repeating the exact same ones every single time -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    The class stories are strong as hell. The fact that you essentially have only one leveling path through planets to experience that class story though, isn't. If you're going to bill story, and the awesomeness of leveling multiple characters to experience all their stories as a high point of the game, IMO you should provide enough secondary content (fluff quests) so that you don't end up repeating the exact same ones every single time -_-
    Well, perhaps it's my noobness, I'm only leveling my 2nd character now and in the opposite faction to my first one so basically all quest are new again to me. Guess it will be worse the 3rd time when I won't have new faction-content along with new class content.

Well, perhaps it's my noobness, I'm only leveling my 2nd character now and in the opposite faction to my first one so basically all quest are new again to me. Guess it will be worse the 3rd time when I won't have new faction-content along with new class content.
    Trust me, once you make another character you'll spacebar every quest you get besides class quests.

The quests in SWTOR arnt any better than any other MMORPG imo. The objectives are the exact same as every other game, you just get to talk to the NPC.
    It's the class quests where it gets interesting.