Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    There is a difference between suspecting someone is guilty and knowing someone is guilty. So they find a gun and it was the murder weapon but nobody really saw him do anything, this is suspicion. A guy admits to killing people, writes down in a journal where they are buried, and wouldn't you know they are all found, this is mother fucking knowing. Just like catching someone on camera. Those trials should be expedited, not allowing them to sit in jail for two years before the case starts, and then leading into a possible "not guilty" verdict, or a really drawn out death sentence. Trash like this should be put to death within a month of the findings, saving time and money to work on other cases that aren't so absolute.
    I understand this sentiment, honestly I do. But, stick with me here...

There is no end. Even if all life on earth ended today, that would not be the end. If the entire universe imploded, that would not be the end. So... If there is no end, then there can be no argument made to justify the means. And if nothing exists to justify the means; then the means are the only thing that matters.

It is "the means" that separates democracies from tyranny. It is the checks and balances in the leadership, it is the due process given to all persons, it is the simple idea that no man is greater than another and all are created equal. This is the very fabric of our society. And if we should discard these deeply held virtues simply for the sake of expedience then we are no different from any tyrant.

It has been said that freedom is only ever a day away from death. Do not ever let it die, simply for the sake of expedience. I would agree that expediting this man's trial might be what's "best for society. But I would argue that's what is "best" is not always what is right.
    Last edited by ovm33; 2012-12-18 at 05:34 PM.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    I understand this sentiment, honestly I do. But, stick with me here...

There is no end. Even if all life on earth ended today, that would not be the end. If the entire universe imploded, that would not be the end. So... If there is no end, then there can be no argument made to justify the means. And if nothing exists to justify the means; then the means are the only thing that matters.

It is "the means" that separates democracies from tyranny. It is the checks and balances in the leadership, it is the due process given to all persons, it is the simple idea that no man is greater than another and all are created equal. This is the very fabric of our society. And if we should discard these deeply held virtues simply for the sake of expedience then we are no different from any tyrant.
    Practicality should supersede ideas of mysticism. Tyrannical is eliminating due process, expediting a known and having due process for an unknown is more sensible. With such complexity in every situation we cannot limit the reaction to A and B, there needs to be a variable amount of reactions. If someone is caught on tape shooting a cop, well then they don't get the long drawn out due process only because it is the way people understand justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    knife control
    The laws work great too, no one has been stabbed by a knife in over 290 years. Proof, that prohibition works wonders.
    Or it's evidence that control =/= prohibition as a certain lobby and their defenders continue to pretend. As though nobody has an English dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Why even bother with a trial? Lets just round up anyone we suspect is guilty and execute them.
    No no, got to do it properly, trial and if found guilty then shoot him, simple effective and solves the problem!!

Ofc we can all be sarcastic, but lemmie guess your against the death penalty regardless of crime or guilt or reason ....
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Insane...would be a good documentery ala greatest canibals O.o

Nah joke aside, that sick. How the hell does one get that twisted.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

So he only got caught because he told the police about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Why even bother with a trial? Lets just round up anyone we suspect is guilty and execute them.
    You just might be on to something there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

What is wrong with people these days?
    If he really wanted to impress his girlfriend he could have bought her flowers and took her out for a NICE dinner.

I have to say I agree with lots of other posts on here saying these people need to be executed.. why spend all this money to keep these sick freaks alive? It would cost a lot less to execute them then it would be put a roof over their heads and food in their stomachs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having an old friend for dinner.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    There's got to be some way to spin this to blame video games.
    It was because he played an undead in World of Warcraft! DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebella View Post
    What is wrong with people these days?
    Nothing uncharacteristic of the past. The guy is presumed to be mentally ill. Which is just one reason why he shouldn't be "locked up" like half of the posters here suggest, he should get therapy or something at a mental institution.

It's kind of amusing, in the last few weeks, I've been trying to justify my opinion about why "ordinary" murderers that aren't mentally ill should be treated equally as mentally ill people (i.e., not executed or something else that's not very civil) by using the argument that they should be considered to be morally ill. All the while, I've been assuming the people I'm discussing it with actually wouldn't treat mentally ill people that did bad things like shit because, i don't know, it's humane, i hadn't considered there are people that would actually propose things like real prison sentences or executions for the mentally ill. But i guess this thread has proven me wrong. Kudos to all of you.

Quick fellow Americans, lets talk about how Europe needs... um... tooth control!

was she impressed? thats what id like to know

If only they had laws banning the kitchen knife, all those homeless people would still be alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goneloco View Post
    was she impressed? thats what id like to know
    Well, you're going off the thread title and not reading the article. General Off-Topic is well known for it's misleading titles.

The article goes into detail, saying that these kills gave the killer confidence, which he wanted, because his girlfriend I guess mocked or criticized him for being a pushover guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Judson View Post
    come on ... lol
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

10+ Year Old Account
    We should ban books and girlfriends.

Why homeless people? If you're going to eat someone you should at least pick a decent looking meal.

I wonder if he cooked up the organs before eating them?

I think its less of a crime if he prepared delicious dishes

Didnt eat the whole body. What a waste. Guess he wasnt thinking of the starving children in africa.