Deleted

Enhancement 1v1 / duels

My enhancer just dinged and it's good so far, considering my complete lack of gear.

I'd like to know how the spec does in a 1v1 scenario / duel. In cata it was a good dueling spec and I liked to challenge high rated players in front of stormwind. How is it nowadays?

Could you please list the classes/specs that according to you are:
    1. Sure win
    2. About equal
    3. Hard counters
    for enhancement in the current state of the game.

Thank you

Can win against
    • Unholy Death Knight
    • Balance Druid
    • Frost Mage
    • Shadow Priest
    • Elemental Shaman
    • Affliction Warlock
    • Destruction Warlock

About equal
    • Marksmanship Hunter
    • Survival Hunter
    • Windwalker Monk
    • Retribution Paladin
    • Enhancement Shaman

Hard counters, low chance of winning
    • Frost Death Knight
    • Feral Druid
    • Beast Mastery Hunter
    • Fire Mage
    • Any Rogue
    • Demonology Warlock
    • Arms Warrior

Subjective list with tanks, healers and unpopular specs excluded.

Deleted
    Thank you for the thorough list!

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Are you sure beating an oponent that can pump you full of dots and then fears you when you are near then hits you some more is an "easy win"? You sure are an amazing PvP´er sir cause Locks and SPriests beat to a pulp every time (I have zero pvp gear though).

Frost mages too? wow, if you are the kind of shaman that considers Frost mages "easy targets" then you sure have mad skills my friend. You have my greatest admiration.
    I find that the above are incredibly easy to beat in a 1v1 context, especially with Glyphed Shamanistic Rage.

1v1 arms warr is... impossible. if warrior has working brain, you lose.

caballitomalo, i did not see anything that says EASY win. And with sipirit walk, SR glyph, Windwalk- and grounding totem, interrupt and trinket....Frost mage is not our worst enemy.
    Last edited by Hyttis; 2012-12-19 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    Can win against
    • Unholy Death Knight
    • Balance Druid
    • Frost Mage
    • Shadow Priest
    • Elemental Shaman
    • Affliction Warlock
    • Destruction Warlock

About equal
    • Marksmanship Hunter
    • Survival Hunter
    • Windwalker Monk
    • Retribution Paladin
    • Enhancement Shaman

Hard counters, low chance of winning
    • Frost Death Knight
    • Feral Druid
    • Beast Mastery Hunter
    • Fire Mage
    • Any Rogue
    • Demonology Warlock
    • Arms Warrior

Subjective list with tanks, healers and unpopular specs excluded.

This list is pretty accurate from personal experience, warriors are a massive pain, I usually get them down to 25% quite quickly but suddenly I drop from 80%-1% while they are still on 25% lol.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Are you sure beating an oponent that can pump you full of dots and then fears you when you are near then hits you some more is an "easy win"? You sure are an amazing PvP´er sir cause Locks and SPriests beat to a pulp every time (I have zero pvp gear though).

Frost mages too? wow, if you are the kind of shaman that considers Frost mages "easy targets" then you sure have mad skills my friend. You have my greatest admiration.
    OP's right actually, between glyph or shamanistic rage dispelling all magic, double tremor, fine wolfs healing, ranged interupt, double grounding and spam purge SPs/Affli/Mages are managable. Although i'd put unholy dks on equal too becouse they can survive initial onslaught fine, negate all healing provided by wolves, garg still hurts and with ok micro no totem will last more then a couple sec.