Thread: Stormlash Totem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Diphal View Post
    I cant follow that statement that Stormlash is not mandatory. Sure, it require more shamans to get ST on 5% overall dmg done. But its easily done. With 5% its almost like 1 more dps player... a nd you guys say its not mandatory
    It short, its not "mandatory" becuase when designing raid encounters this buff is not considered to be a default part of the raid. You don´t need it at all to complete any raid content in the game of any kind. Now, progression minded players might not see the word "mandatory" in the same light as Blizzard. This sort of player see things such as pre potting, double crafting proffessions and top end enchants/gems/food/flasks as mandatory when in truth, for normal play (non progression raiding) none of this is needed to complete content.

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    4,139
    Stormlash helps to prevent those 1% wipes. If you didn't use Stormlash, and you have a 1% wipe, you know that you could have prevented that wipe.

    Its also grand for burst fights, like WL heroic.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  3. #23
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Diphal View Post
    I cant follow that statement that Stormlash is not mandatory. Sure, it require more shamans to get ST on 5% overall dmg done. But its easily done. With 5% its almost like 1 more dps player... a nd you guys say its not mandatory
    In a 10 man, 5 mages bring your more damage over shamans than 5 stormlashes.

    In a 25man there may be a balance, but in the end stormlash is not mandatory because the raidwide damage could be chalked up to the fact neither spec is top-of-the-pack material. A 1% (and possible sub 1% when not on fights like elegon) raidwide damage increase is much weaker than many things.

    Your argument of stormlash effectively means it would've been impossible to raid without the 3% raid damage buff in cata. Plenty of people did it. It was nice to have but not the end of the world if you didn't.

  4. #24
    ya a simple raid CD mate

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    You don´t need it at all to complete any raid content in the game of any kind.
    Wrong. You may not need to use Stormlash to complete content and you may not need to use even Bloodlust. But you will need some other things in order to compensate the lack of these. You simply need some sort of effort to complete content. You can imagine that effort as list of conditions you need to meet, but you dont need them all tho its obvious that more of them you meet, easier fight will get.

    Stormlash itself may not grant you boss kill, but if you have few exceptional players, perhaps then they can make up the gap for one bad dps, dead player etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Your argument of stormlash effectively means it would've been impossible to raid without the 3% raid damage buff in cata. Plenty of people did it. It was nice to have but not the end of the world if you didn't.
    Mandatory to use for shaman which already is in the raid, not mandatory for raid to have shaman because of Stormlash. I thought this is obvious.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Diphal View Post
    Wrong. You may not need to use Stormlash to complete content and you may not need to use even Bloodlust. But you will need some other things in order to compensate the lack of these. You simply need some sort of effort to complete content. You can imagine that effort as list of conditions you need to meet, but you dont need them all tho its obvious that more of them you meet, easier fight will get.

    Stormlash itself may not grant you boss kill, but if you have few exceptional players, perhaps then they can make up the gap for one bad dps, dead player etc.



    Mandatory to use for shaman which already is in the raid, not mandatory for raid to have shaman because of Stormlash. I thought this is obvious.
    I disagree with this but that's just me. Any way, it's all in what you as a player consider to be "mandatory". I drop that sucker on CD and I look try to coordinate with other shamans and warriors to make the most out of it but again, mandatory it ain't. But that's just semantics really. I stand by the statement that this spell is not needed to complete any sort of content. Raid encounters are not designed under the assumption that this spell is present at all, unlike other buffs/CD's such as Heroism, Mark of the Wild, Grace of Air, etc, etc.

  7. #27
    Ye you are right, but you can say this about any spell or ability in game tho if wont use all of them, you wont kill the boss.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •