Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Chinese raiders/others

I have seen a few posts, namely the one on the front page, indicating that the Chinese raiders and i think I saw Korea mentioned, have a higher Ilevel drops off mobs and that the raids are tuned higher than domestically? Is this right? And if so, why. Why not make the change game wide versus isolating a group and labeling them elite. Im not bashing, Im just wondering why this was implemented.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2012-12-18 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I have seen a few posts, namely the one ont he front page, indicating that the chinese raiders and i think I saw korea mentioned, have a higher Ilevel dropps of mobs and that the raids are tuned high? Is this right? And if so, why. Why not make the change game wide versus isolating a group and labeling them elite. Im not bashing, Im just wondering why this was implemented.
    Different market, different demographic, different subscription model, and in the case of China, different company running the game. All we have heard from Blizzard is that they have no plans to bring the asia raiding model to the US/EU, and that it was put in as a result of market demand.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because. And it's not coming to EU/US.

Also, the only people who label Chinese as "elite" are those who don't realize that it's the loot that's labeled like that. In game. By Blizzard. Not the raiders. Outside the game.

In before "oh, what is this Elite loot then?" question, which seems to appear every other day.

ahh ok, that makes sense. I dont really know much about how they (as in the non EU/US market) works, so thanks for explaining. Did they say why its not being implemented for EU/US? It seems only fair to to give the same options to the player base that has been here since launch. just my opinion.

Deleted
    Some guy once said that the asian servers aren't used to test stuff for US and EU which indicates eu and us might not get higher ilvl loot in 25m anytime soon.

They split 10 and 25 into different lockouts again there. Instead of lowering the ilvl of everything, they just increased the ilvl of 25m drops and increased the health and damage of everything by 8%. Each increase in ilvl is a .77% stat increase (I think... somewhere around there), so it's more or less equal. Scaling throws this all out of whack though.

A strict 10m there would still be the same as everyone else.

they didn't tune the bosses up at all, it's the exact same 25m bosses with better loot

the subs in china were slipping hard in cata, that's why mop released there the same time it did in the US/EU because without china's subs to boost blizzard's quarterly conference numbers, you realize that rift is right on their heels. they've never gotten an expansion when the rest of the world did, always been months behind.

without the china release mop release looks like the least successful ever.

they've always been the "fluff" demographic. they don't play as much, don't are as much, don't spend as much but count as a sub if they log in once per month

and that looks good to investors

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    I'm pretty sure what looks good to investors are the financial numbers. The sub count is something that mostly forum-goers like here on MMOC care about.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I'm pretty sure what looks good to investors are the financial numbers. The sub count is something that mostly forum-goers like here on MMOC care about.
    Not sure if you know this but subs are what gives financial numbers....If they lose subs they lose money, if they gain subs they gain money. Therefore subs are important to the people who care about the money.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Not sure if you know this but subs are what gives financial numbers....If they lose subs they lose money, if they gain subs they gain money. Therefore subs are important to the people who care about the money.
    Subs in China (and KR and a few others, I think) are paid per time they play, not a flat monthly fee like here. Therefore subs do not equal a fixed amount of money. A sub there is basically "did you log on for any amount of time this quarter", from what I've read. I don't believe Blizzard has publicly defined a sub for China.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    So if the numbers stay at 10 million subscribers for several years (hypothetically speaking) what does that say? Not much, because you don't even know how many of those are Chinese and how many are western (very different payment models). The person I quoted said so themselves. So yes, I don't think investors are really interested in those.

The numbers the investors are interested in are not the sub numbers (unless they are moving by several million in a short time span) but financial numbers, which you probably aren't really aware of because you aren't as exposed to them here on the MMOC forums, where people only care/post about the subs.

They give them 2 lockouts per week and split 10/25 to try to get them to pay more. They pay per how much they play not a monthly fee like the rest of us. So for Blizzard to max their profits they give them double resets and split 10/25. Thus making sure they always have something to do besides daily quests.

they didn't tune the bosses up at all, it's the exact same 25m bosses with better loot
    except they did lol, 8% more HP and damage for bosses in 25 man

10+ Year Old Account

the subs in china were slipping hard in cata, that's why mop released there the same time it did in the US/EU because without china's subs to boost blizzard's quarterly conference numbers, you realize that rift is right on their heels. they've never gotten an expansion when the rest of the world did, always been months behind.

without the china release mop release looks like the least successful ever.

they've always been the "fluff" demographic. they don't play as much, don't are as much, don't spend as much but count as a sub if they log in once per month

Wrong, the bosses are 8% harder in health and damage, thats why they have a higher ilvl. Also the raid locks reset more often because Korean and Chinese players play MORE and they want to grind more, you should actually find some correct information before opening your mouth and spewing garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    So if the numbers stay at 10 million subscribers for several years (hypothetically speaking) what does that say? Not much, because you don't even know how many of those are Chinese and how many are western (very different payment models). The person I quoted said so themselves. So yes, I don't think investors are really interested in those.

The numbers the investors are interested in are not the sub numbers (unless they are moving by several million in a short time span) but financial numbers, which you probably aren't really aware of because you aren't as exposed to them here on the MMOC forums, where people only care/post about the subs.
    Very valid points. I'm not sure how a "sub" is classified in China, someone stated earlier it was if they logged in at all during the month which means game time so I still think it is accurate. Though they likely have a ratio of how much US/EU Vs. Chinese subs they have and balance around that.

Additionally in an MMO, the revenue of the company mostly comes from subs and a bit from the store. Their fees are server maintenance, salaries, etc. The number I would be as an investor is how much total revenue are we making which comes from the number of subs so I don't really see how you can say it's not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    They give them 2 lockouts per week and split 10/25 to try to get them to pay more. They pay per how much they play not a monthly fee like the rest of us. So for Blizzard to max their profits they give them double resets and split 10/25. Thus making sure they always have something to do besides daily quests.
    This guy nailed it. Progression orientated raiders will feel inclined to do more eg both 25s/10s, at twice the rate. Since it's time-based and not sub, more money for Blizz.

Well, Blizzard said "We know that asian players prefer more hardcore raiding so we gave them bosses with increased difficulty and better loot".
    You are european/american? Well, it means that you do not prefer hardcore raiding and don't want better loot. Blizzard knows better than you what you want and what you don't want. Shut up and go clear your 10mans.

Deleted
    Well, I dont care for Asian/TW Servers anyway but just to point it out: Not one argument in this thread has validated the reason why they need higher ilvl and more hp/dmg on bosses!

If they wanted to be "more" hardcore they would have a HÜ/DMG increase without higher ilvl...

Why would they even put work and time into such a nonsence issue... totally mindless

Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    Well, I dont care for Asian/TW Servers anyway but just to point it out: Not one argument in this thread has validated the reason why they need higher ilvl and more hp/dmg on bosses!

If they wanted to be "more" hardcore they would have a HÜ/DMG increase without higher ilvl...

Why would they even put work and time into such a nonsence issue... totally mindless
    It's not to be more hardcore, it's a trial run to see if it'll fix the 25 man issue. Bosses are buffed in hp/damage by 8%, and items that drop in normal/H are pre upgraded to 2/4.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scubascythe View Post
    This guy nailed it. Progression orientated raiders will feel inclined to do more eg both 25s/10s, at twice the rate. Since it's time-based and not sub, more money for Blizz.
    I'm in a decent progression guild, and we only do 1 10man heroic just to fill in a few missing items due to RNG in 25 man. Keep in mind we only got the tier 1 week behind everyone else (in china) so we don't need most of the 10man gear now

Deleted
    It's not to be more hardcore, it's a trial run to see if it'll fix the 25 man issue. Bosses are buffed in hp/damage by 8%, and items that drop in normal/H are pre upgraded to 2/4.
    There is no issue! People like to raid 25man? Fine. People like to raid 10man? Fine. Does there need to be a difference in gear? No. Will dedicated 10man raider feel forced to raid 25man again? Yes.

Why can't people just get this?!

If you are willing to put up with the RL and ingame crap of 25+ other people than FINE! Do it for god sake... Noone has a problem with that. If you are occupied more than enough with the RL and ingame crap of 10+ other people than FINE! DO this...

Conclusion: Everybody is happy!!

Reality: 25man "elititst" Guilds blaming 10man to be easier, take away the epicness of a raid, etc.

I honestly wish they would take aways one or the other raiding type and end this freakin discussion. I wouldn't even care which one they take away....
    Last edited by mmoc9238fc433e; 2012-12-19 at 01:09 PM.