Healer with best DPS offspec and companions?

Cant post on the official forums yet because Im still downloading and havent resubbed. Read the options for F2P but as usual the game still requires a sub to actually play unless you just want half a game. But since the only other games Im playing now are D3 and GW2 I guess I can afford to pay for one MMO. Figured Id roll a healer since they have a LFD type system in place now and I might actually get to group some which was impossible when I quit. Can anyone tell me how long healer queues are for both leveling as well as level 50? Also which one is probably easier to pick up and play? Im so used to WoW healing with mouseover macros and VuhDo that I want something that is very forgiving and wont cause me to wipe my groups. Also a healer with a decent DPS spec and companions for leveling would also be nice to make leveling faster.

same as wow we want more tanks and ques really depend on your server. if you want pvp healer go operative otherwise you can choose whichever playstyle you like.

sage/sorcerer would probably be the easiest to pick up and play as a healer. They have straight forward heals, a bubble for protection, and a minute long CC. As far as companions go, they all have the same qualities (each class has a companion for each role, the difference is just when you get those companions).

I thought about going tank but where WoW had a ton of websites detailing boss encounters I cant find any for this game. Can I just hit 50 and queue as a tank without knowing any of the fights and still do just fine like you can using LFR/LFD in WoW? Tank actually was my first choice but not knowing any of the fights and since everything is same server only I dont wanna get a rep of being fail and get kicked from every group when they see my name.

If you are unsure of anything just ask when in the dungeon. Normal modes are pretty forgiving anyway. And they won't kick a tank unless you are being abrasive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    If you are unsure of anything just ask when in the dungeon. Normal modes are pretty forgiving anyway. And they won't kick a tank unless you are being abrasive.
    The above is very true. Tanking classes are a lot of fun too. People are very easy going in this game, and generally the concesus is to help those who ask. Also, most fights are easy to pick up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I thought about going tank but where WoW had a ton of websites detailing boss encounters I cant find any for this game. Can I just hit 50 and queue as a tank without knowing any of the fights and still do just fine like you can using LFR/LFD in WoW? Tank actually was my first choice but not knowing any of the fights and since everything is same server only I dont wanna get a rep of being fail and get kicked from every group when they see my name.
    If it happens to have an android phone, there is a free app called swtor pocket guide. Suprisingly is awesome and have every single boss guide, from flashpoints to operations check it out. As on your main question I have sorcerer and operative and I can say for sure that both are awesome DPS. As heal Idon't know since I don't play as healer Companions are all equal.

btw, if your main reason to roll a healer/tank is to level up through dungeons, something very viable in wow, I can tell you that in swtor things are different. the xp/hour in dungeons are very bad and will take you at least double time compare to questing
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-12-18 at 08:31 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    btw, if your main reason to roll a healer/tank is to level up through dungeons, something very viable in wow, I can tell you that in swtor things are different. the xp/hour in dungeons are very bad and will take you at least double time compare to questing
    Nah Im talking just for max level. Just wondering how those queue times are. I might do a few while leveling but only for social points. Also whats the queue time like for DPS on both FPs and OPs? I will just assume healers and tanks have short queues for everything.

Cant post on the official forums yet because Im still downloading and havent resubbed. Read the options for F2P but as usual the game still requires a sub to actually play unless you just want half a game. But since the only other games Im playing now are D3 and GW2 I guess I can afford to pay for one MMO. Figured Id roll a healer since they have a LFD type system in place now and I might actually get to group some which was impossible when I quit. Can anyone tell me how long healer queues are for both leveling as well as level 50? Also which one is probably easier to pick up and play? Im so used to WoW healing with mouseover macros and VuhDo that I want something that is very forgiving and wont cause me to wipe my groups. Also a healer with a decent DPS spec and companions for leveling would also be nice to make leveling faster.
    Sorcerer or Mercenary for Healing + decent DPS Spec... haven't heard from DPS Operatives in ages. Healing in SWTOR is not difficult, in fact if you had additional help tools you most likely would fall asleep instantly.

Nah Im talking just for max level. Just wondering how those queue times are. I might do a few while leveling but only for social points. Also whats the queue time like for DPS on both FPs and OPs? I will just assume healers and tanks have short queues for everything.
    Depends on the time... sometimes tank, sometimes healerheavy.... but as DD you'll have to wait the longest as expected.

However for Boss Encounter, there should be several available or watch youtube videos. Just be aware that tanking is not only standing and taking hits... some encounters require you to move/ change target etc. , first operation called Eternity Vault, Final Boss in his third stage requires you to move him around below pylons who drop onto him = removing his damage shield.

As far as I know they main problem is tanks and not healer...my friend when he join as healer if I am not online he does not get instant pop up and sometimes he have to wait 5-10 minutes, while I as tank I always get instant join. This on The Red Eclipse server btw
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.