Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Police ILLEGALLY barge into a dorm room without consent and threatened student

i saw this on WSHH and is made it way on youtube and is disgusting and my best advice is that the student should sue there F###EN AZZ !

http://blog.al.com/wire/2012/12/kent...id_goes_v.html
    http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/12/do...tigates-video/

here the video and you decided

Dorm Illegally Raided By Police. University of Kentucky

Deleted
    Decide what? WE have NO background information at all to base any assumptions on. Plus he was verbally abusing the officers which IS a crime.

Also, they were not Police at all. They were university security.
    Last edited by mmoc80b35b5c2d; 2012-12-18 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Therefore ALL cops are bad, amirite?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I always love WNYIRISHGUYs thread, always full of conspiracy and paranoia. On topic, that guy was abusive to the police, thats an arrestable offence. They were inquiring, he was rude then baited them. From what we can hear in the video the police started very politely, that guy was a dick from the very start.

If it was me i would have tazered the fucker

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is the video I think it is (I'm on my phone), they are allowed in because they are campus administrators. You know that all of those agreements you sign, you should read them. It also wouldn't be hard for them to come back with a probable cause argument. The kid is a douche and the guy who lost his cool was let go.

If the school doesn't kick him out I don't see him graduating.

Deleted
    It wasn't illegal.

You have a right to privacy in your dorm room. That was an illegal search. Instead of arguing with the cops he should have called a lawyer.

not sure.. he high on bath salts?

eventually you younger folks will learn that when you get fucked, you usually get fucked. 1 of 100000 times the person getting fucked has the money and power to fight it and win

the rest of the time an off duty cop may assault you because you're mexican and you may spend a year in prison for being assaulted. or you might get a speeding ticket because the cop thinks you were driving too fast. or you might spend 1/4 of your life in prison for a murder you didn't commit

you're far more likely to get fucked than to get justice

What a horrid person he is and this is the sort of person i wish police would drag off.

Deleted
    First off it's University property. Many universities in the US have "open door" policies that allow external bodies to do random checks in rooms when claims of illegal substances are made.

Second, the guy is a child. He acts like the type of person that deserves to get roughed up a bit so he learns some bloody manners. The kid is the perfect example of why college in the US is gaining such a negative view internationally.

And hello again IRISH.

College kids are so freaking stupid now a days, what happened to academia?

I was hoping for some police brutatlity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I always love WNYIRISHGUYs thread, always full of conspiracy and paranoia. On topic, that guy was abusive to the police, thats an arrestable offence. They were inquiring, he was rude then baited them. From what we can hear in the video the police started very politely, that guy was a dick from the very start.
    Agreed.
    Don't be a knob to the police. They don't like knobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    You have a right to privacy in your dorm room. That was an illegal search. Instead of arguing with the cops he should have called a lawyer.
    No you don't. Most universities make you sign the Dorm policy which includes random safety checks as well as spot investigations if accusations of breach of dorm rules are made. In this case, there were.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Agreed, he should have been polite (yet non-compliant) and documented the incident and called an attorney.

Deleted
    The moment he told them to "suck dick" they should have arrested him, props to those cops for not "restraining" the mouthy little bastard. All that video did was show what a little shit he was and that he was baiting them.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    No you don't. Most universities make you sign the Dorm policy which includes random safety checks as well as spot investigations if accusations of breach of dorm rules are made. In this case, there were.
    Like you said, it depends on the university. I remember cases being thrown out at mine because you did.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The moment he told them to "suck dick" they should have arrested him, props to those cops for not "restraining" the mouthy little bastard. All that video did was show what a little shit he was and that he was baiting them.
    it's not against the law to say that. that's covered by the constitution. that's why they have to hit people who do that with disorderly conduct because that's a catch-all way around the constitution. it's a big deal in miami right now.
    yeah the kid was a dick, his dad should whip his ass for being disrespectful just to be disrespectful but legally he didn't do wrong.
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-12-18 at 07:27 PM.