Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    I posted in another H-Zor'lok thread that our guild found that the green bubbles spawned based on fixed cardinal directions. There was somebody who adamantly disagreed with me there, so I asked if they had killed the boss on heroic and they stopped responding, so I still don't really have any resolve on that debate. I suggested that I *could* certainly be wrong, but that I was fairly confident that that is how they spawn.

    Do you have a video link for your kill strat or anything that I could take a look at? There's always the possibility that your change in direction just happens to work out well, or that my guild's analysis of the green bubble spawns are incorrect.
    not a very pretty kill, but a kill is a kill amirite?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP85eRM1xEI

    honestly we've hardly even cared how green bubbles spawn, they have never been an issue for us.
    we found if it goes left you need to go in the spiral asap, if it goes right you can go in the first or second spiral

  2. #22
    There's a slow arm and a fast arm of green orbs. You have to run in front of a slow arm or behind a fast one. Otherwise the fast arm catches up and you die. That's why the green orbs spawn matters.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    not a very pretty kill, but a kill is a kill amirite?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP85eRM1xEI

    honestly we've hardly even cared how green bubbles spawn, they have never been an issue for us.
    we found if it goes left you need to go in the spiral asap, if it goes right you can go in the first or second spiral
    Meh, I certainly don't have the answer then haha. It could be that I'm flat-out wrong, that they changed it since we worked on it (though I doubt it), that it's different b/w 10 and 25 (again, I doubt it), or some other obscure answer.

  4. #24
    Here is how we did it

    At the start of p2 we position the boss in the middle stacking and having him face the raid exactly the same way as we do on the second platform.
    In p2 the boss cast one set of abilities (at least he does this 90 % of the time, we hade a few wipes we're he didn't but the majority of the followed this pattern), attenuation>force and verve>mind control and then he summons the echo. The mind control and the echo are happens at almost the exact same time.
    After this the boss will follow the same rotation again, attenuation>force and verve>mind control. The echo will cast his first attenuation halfway through the boss second cast of it.

    Our strategy is to kill the echo before he can cast his second attenuation (or in worst case scenario during it). To make this is easy as possible we drag the boss to the corner behind the pillar in the middle of the first and third platform before the boss starts casting his second attenuation. We want him to cast it as far away from the echo as possible (which should be positioned in around middle since that was were the boss was when he spawned the echo. To do this we have one of our tanks (read:me) taunt or get aggro on the boss and start running to the corner when the boss has five seconds left on his first force and verve. The boss will barely make it to you before he starts casting his second attenuation. When he does that I run back to the middle and try and dodge the echos attenuation (which he will just begin to cast as I get there) as much as possible. It's a good idea to save your cd:s for this. While I did this the rest of the raid popped bl and nuked the shit out of the echo.

    Once the boss has cast he second attenuation he will run after you for a few seconds before starting to cast force and verve again. What I do here is to try and help and kill the echo while getting the boss back to the middle and having him face the stack up point we used before the echo spawned. The echo died during the second force and verve and after that we just used the same tactics as we did on the second platform but with the boss now casting force and verve and mind control too which makes it super fun but messy as hell.

    I haven't finished making our kill video but I uploaded the last part of the fight with the PoV of my blood dk so it shows how we kite away the boss and then position him in phase 2.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvsyu...ature=youtu.be
    Messy as hell

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,640
    This is the order which I usually see in Phase 2 (we don't kill the echo):

    Attenuation
    Force and Verve
    Echo Spawns
    Convert
    Boss Attenuation
    Echo Attenuation

    Force and Verve

    Echo Attenuation
    Boss Attenuation
    Echo Attenuation

    Force and Verve

    Above repeats until the boss dies. Sometimes you might get a convert, but I've rarely seen it happen past the first convert. You don't need to kill the echo, but it's pretty hard on your echo tank and healer if you don't, because you will have to deal with repeated mechanics (echo attenuation, force and verve, echo attenuation) without a break, whereas the raid won't ever have to deal with two abilities in a row. You can try to watch videos or use world of logs to plan a CD rotation if you don't kill the echo. Notably force and verves will occur slightly less than a minute apart so you cannot immune all of them due to forbearance.

    As the others pointed out, in the raid there's only two bubbles so you have to designate people to stand out (tank + soaker).
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2012-12-21 at 10:28 PM.

  6. #26
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,615
    That's usually the pattern he does in P2, about 90% of the time.

    We have had some odd attempts (we have since killed it) where he doesn't do convert at all. The weirdest attempt we ever had was the following sequence in P2:

    Attenuation
    Attenuation
    Attenuation
    Echo Spawns

    Boss Attenuation
    Echo Attenuation
    Force and Verve

    Everyone was so caught off guard by the series of events that we didn't capitalize to get what I thought would have been a really easy P2.

  7. #27
    I know people are saying to ignore the echo, but to be honest, when we killed the echo, the fight became 100x easier for derps who struggle with attun. All you have to do is blow lust after the mind control, bop a few of your ranged when the echo attuns (or if you don't have bops just have them run away as usual and continue to dps the echo) and if you do it right the echo dies before it even gets a 2nd attun off. At this point the fight is a complete joke, collect your lewts and gg.

  8. #28
    Is there any video of 25man HC kill of Vizier with killing Echo in p2 ? I know alot of 10mans kill echo, but most of 25man guilds kiLL boss and ignore echo.

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    Is there any video of 25man HC kill of Vizier with killing Echo in p2 ? I know alot of 10mans kill echo, but most of 25man guilds kiLL boss and ignore echo.
    Bit of a necro, but Vodka killed the echo on their first kill. Dunno if that's what they still do now (I'd imagine at this point it's way faster/more efficient to ignore, esp. once geared).

  10. #30
    I dont see why people 3 heal this, it just makes phase 2 harder as u have less DPS.

    Killing the echo is defo the best way to go as long as you have enough dps to nuke the echo casts his dance at the same time the boss is casting force and verve... this is the hardest part of the fight, if the echos not dead, u have to dodge the balls while takin huge AOE dmg from force+verve

    because of this, we went 2 healers and got the echo dead before he did his dance... after that the fight is EASY


    tank the boss near the entrance stairs so all teh bubbles drop close in a line... then run away on dance.. run back in for AOE.. run out for dance.. you have like 6mins on berserk, super easy.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    That's usually the pattern he does in P2, about 90% of the time.

    We have had some odd attempts (we have since killed it) where he doesn't do convert at all. The weirdest attempt we ever had was the following sequence in P2:

    Attenuation
    Attenuation
    Attenuation
    Echo Spawns

    Boss Attenuation
    Echo Attenuation
    Force and Verve

    Everyone was so caught off guard by the series of events that we didn't capitalize to get what I thought would have been a really easy P2.
    Wait until you get exhale in p2, or when you wipe and the echo doesn't despawn and just continually casts.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 12:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    I dont see why people 3 heal this, it just makes phase 2 harder as u have less DPS.

    Killing the echo is defo the best way to go as long as you have enough dps to nuke the echo casts his dance at the same time the boss is casting force and verve... this is the hardest part of the fight, if the echos not dead, u have to dodge the balls while takin huge AOE dmg from force+verve

    because of this, we went 2 healers and got the echo dead before he did his dance... after that the fight is EASY


    tank the boss near the entrance stairs so all teh bubbles drop close in a line... then run away on dance.. run back in for AOE.. run out for dance.. you have like 6mins on berserk, super easy.
    Killing the echo is a waste of time. Dodging rings in p2 isn't hard. The hard part is attenuation cool downs with 2 healers (on your first few kills).

  12. #32
    2 heal and zerg it. Our prot pally was able to tank the echo solo without heals long enough for us to nuke the boss down. The boss only did 1 force and verve after the echo spawned and our DPS is pretty low.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Killing the echo is a waste of time. Dodging rings in p2 isn't hard. The hard part is attenuation cool downs with 2 healers (on your first few kills).
    dodging rings coming from 1 direction isnt hard, dodging from 2 plus the panic of force and verve is.

    killing echo is not a waste of time... once the echo is down, the fight is very easy and no1 should really be dieing to anything. 2 healing force and verve is easy even w/o CDs.

    If you ignore the echo, u have to make sure the boss is dead before the 2nd MC or its probably gonna get a few ppl killed.
    If you have the echo dead, and its just the boss.. fight is very easy

    besides, u do wotever strat fits ur raid grp


    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    2 heal and zerg it. Our prot pally was able to tank the echo solo without heals long enough for us to nuke the boss down. The boss only did 1 force and verve after the echo spawned and our DPS is pretty low.
    not everyone has access to a prot paladin, thats a very class dependant strat

  14. #34
    Here's a vid of how we did it with 3 healers, killing the echo.




    Don't mind my 1 million mistakes, I was extremely tired due to having been up all night the day before =PpPpPpP

    Hope you can take something out of it at least.
    Last edited by Proberly; 2013-01-20 at 04:06 PM.

  15. #35
    Both tactics work and it's more about survival than anything. Killing the Echo first makes the fight easier for everyone. But if you have two competent players (tank and healer) killing the boss straight away is better. Really depends on your raid comp. Try different tactics and I can say it might take a while. My guild got him down after 92 wipes. Pretty horrendus but we aren't that serious raiders.

    If you are killing the echo save bloodlust for when he spawns. If you're killing the boss pop it straight away when he flys from the MC platform to the middle of the room.

    The more paladins you bring the more trivial the fight is

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •