Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Amber Shaper Un'Sok HC Zerg

After our first night's progress on Amber Shaper HC and playing around with our strategy, we realised that it could be possible to stack the hell out of the debuff on the boss and just burn it down during the amber scalpel/reshape life casts (~17 seconds)

Half a night's attempts with one healer, burst preparation and 60 odd stacks later it died (video thrown together shortly after our raid yesterday so excuse the crappy editing etc).

And logs registering the kill as normal for some reason - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5190&e=5666

Assuming that at least a few of the 400 or so kills before us used this, but thought that it could be entertaining for a few of you out there.

/Whaboom
    The Filthy Few
    Last edited by mmoc7dbebf5a2b; 2012-12-18 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Guild site

10+ Year Old Account
    that was pretty damn cool man

Indeed, way to think outside the box, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't get hotfixed in short order. Not that I think you did anything wrong, but I really doubt they want anyone doing it that way, even if it does require a specific kind of comp.

Deleted
    That was so beautiful it brought a tear to my eye, GJ!

Deleted
    This will get hotixed.
    But I need to say. Genius

10+ Year Old Account
    you stack as much as you can and when you got enough stacks you burn him during the time he casts amberscalpel (phase 1, no monstrosity).
    you got 20sec to burn him down before the monstrosity appears and amber-shaper will get the buff that reduces dmg taken by 99%.

My guild did this today in 25m Heroic. we had about 90-100 stacks when we started to burn him down I believe.
    nice video!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Did you do this before p2 started, or after the monstrosity died?
    Phase 1.

They left the boss alone and stacked up the amber strike
    then at 71% popped everything and nuke, the debuff on the boss allowed them to nuke 243m in 20 seconds

Deleted
    This is 100% - 70% (p1) stack debuffs, then 70%-0% burst, no phase 2 (monstruosity) and no phase 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprisonne View Post
    you stack as much as you can and when you got enough stacks you burn him during the time he casts amberscalpel (phase 1, no monstrosity).
    you got 20sec to burn him down before the monstrosity appears and amber-shaper will get the buff that reduces dmg taken by 99%.

My guild did this today in 25m Heroic. we had about 90-100 stacks when we started to burn him down I believe.
    nice video!
    I see, in 10 man we can't get more than 62 - 65 :P

lol the nerd screams at basically facerolling a boss, p1 = trolol and u didnt do p2 or p3....i mean gz u got a kill but ott celebration :x

Quote Originally Posted by Ary View Post
    I see, in 10 man we can't get more than 62 - 65 :P
    In 25 they could probably run 3 tanks and have 2 constructs up at a time so that they get higher stacks.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

can this work in normal?

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    can this work in normal?
    Don't see why not, mechanically it's the same at this stage.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 06:51 PM ----------

My best guess as to how they will fix this is either A) they will make it so he breaks his chain early when he hits 70%, or B) they will put a cap on how high the debuff can stack (say 30 or 40 stacks). Option B seems more likely; it wouldn't completely remove the ability to do this, but by the time anyone could do this strat again the fight wouldn't be relevant anymore anyways.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your "option B" is a direct buff to the boss and phase 3 duration, so it's rather doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Don't see why not, mechanically it's the same at this stage.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 06:51 PM ----------

My best guess as to how they will fix this is either A) they will make it so he breaks his chain early when he hits 70%, or B) they will put a cap on how high the debuff can stack (say 30 or 40 stacks). Option B seems more likely; it wouldn't completely remove the ability to do this, but by the time anyone could do this strat again the fight wouldn't be relevant anymore anyways.

anyone know in normal 10m, how much raid dps we would need to be able to use this?

They will just make his immunity kick in regardlessly of him channeling or not, or they pull a sarth3d and dont fix it at all.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know how they are going to fix this aside from giving him a automatic 99% DR at a certain %.

It can't be 70% because it's been a common strategy since NORMAL to wait until the scalpel > reshape to burn a lot of DPS. A common heroic strategy is to actually stack debuffs a lot like in the OP video (but not as extreme) lust and have a 20-30% P3.

Other strategies involve having a tank construct keep stacks up on the boss all through P2 and having him have 60+ stacks when P3 starts, which arguably skips P3 as well considering how fast it is.

The only way they can change this boss without making everybody change their strategies is to put a really low instant threshold on his health where he automatically puts up carapace. It's common practice as is to do a good burn or maintain high stacks through P2, changing it too much would cause too many problems IMO.

Leave it as honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    They will just make his immunity kick in regardlessly of him channeling or not, or they pull a sarth3d and dont fix it at all.
    seeing as there is a little over 8000 guilds worldwide kileld this on normal and ~500 guilds killed it on heroic, i am dubious whether blizz will change anything at this point, they have hinted 5.2 isn't too far away from PTR (which not only brings a new tier of raiding, but will bring in some mechanics changes/potential nerfs to older content), it might just be prudent to ignore this for the time being, if it was an end instance boss i could see them hotfixing it straight away, but who knows what they will do.