Hi folks. Recently I was thinking of a few ways to improve some classes/specs that need a bit of overhaul either due to underwhelming performance or just being boring/obsolete, and was interested in hearing other people's thoughts as well. So post 1-3 things you'd like to see as a legitimate improvement to a few classes. I'll start!
1) An execute mechanic that allows them to do bonus damage in the 20% and under phase. Most dps classes have one now and it would help bring their dps up to par in that critical burn phase.
2) A Lava Burst whose damage scales with crit (similar to Warlocks' Chaos Bolt) so crit doesn't feel wasted and LvB can do competitive end game damage.
1) Reduce the number of buttons for BM hunters and roll a few into passive abilities. For example, there's no reason a 15 second Dire Beast can't just summon itself on crit with a 30 second internal cooldown.
2) Completely rework Survival. It's a lame-duck spec that hasn't had a defined role for years. Since hunters can still wield melee weapons, allow Survival to become a melee hunter spec with a number of cooldowns which improve its "surviv"ability (allow them to throw exploding bolas, take on aspects of their pet in melee combat, etc).
1) Allow them to bring something to a raidgroup that other mage specs can't. Fire brings the boom and Frost has a solid role in pvp, but Arcane doesn't really bring anything that the other two specs don't already have. Better movement/buffs/etc, just *something*.
2) Make their playstyle fun and unique. GW2's Mesmer class is a really good place to look for examples of how arcane can be expanded and improved upon.
That's all I can think of for now, looking forward to seeing what others come up with!