Resto Druid + Arms Warrior vs. Frost DK + anything

Well , as I don't really care about 2s , It's still very frustrating that there are too many "unkillable" setups as a frost DK. As much as I know that you all here think that "omg DKs got too many dmg" , can you tell me how can I kill arms warrior or resto druid as Frost Dk.

I think am missing something in my spellbook or somewhere else because whenever I meet against a warrior/healer setup , its kinda an instant lose , or a long mana burn match that ends up losing or winning , which doesn't matter in the end after all the frustration.

I'm trying hard to QQ about warriors here and trying to solve this but I'm out of options.

Any advice against this setup as frost dk / (resto shaman atm) (apart from roll a warrior)

Resto druids main weakness: Hard switches. Get one low, cc it, hard switch, pop cds, burn.

I have no idea why druids pop tree form anymore in pvp, they pop that, they cant cheater form switch to run, and I eat em up.

You got add ons to watch for enemy burst?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    I have no idea why druids pop tree form anymore in pvp, they pop that, they cant cheater form switch to run, and I eat em up
    Ah... you know you can shift in and out of tree for the entire duration of Incarnation right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eadoin View Post
    Ah... you know you can shift in and out of tree for the entire duration of Incarnation right?
    Then all I see are poopy resto druids I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    Then all I see are poopy resto druids I guess.
    Get to a higher rating first. You'll find plenty Resto Druids that know how to play.

Or, you find Crappy Resto Druids with Warrior + anything, that basically get carried to around 2000 by simply having a Warrior.

Deleted
    Dont queue 2s with a healer, problem solved. Faster battles, faster queues, the enemye will love you for not being healer as you will love your enemy if without healer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kill the DK, CC the X partner. Gem for pvppower, use your def cd's effectively vs his burst.

Well as long as I know about hard switches , its kinda impossible to do it as a DK. Even against a medium skilled warrior , its impossible to move around. druid gets low , shockwave + displacer beast , then a cyclone if its possible. GG , all up to %100 with hots on.

Talking about go 2s without a healer , I just can't see it possible even above 1700 rating to be able to survive as a frost dk with a 2 dps setup. It was close to possible before pvp power o/s healing nerf with a spriest or retri paladin but now its close to impossible. And even if its possible , the partner that you might find have like 10 better options for a 2s team.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 03:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Kill the DK, CC the X partner. Gem for pvppower, use your def cd's effectively vs his burst.
    Well , try that as a DK perspective?

You will see how hard it is to play dks in arena atm

Deleted
    Couldn't agree more. 90% of 2v2 I play in my damage is always top by a significant margin, often even double of some dps classes. Yet despite that, still can't kill half the classes. Soon as an opposing player is on low HP, chain stun/fear/cyclone/root aaaaaaaaand they are both back to full health.

DK's can pump out massive damage but with no real CC (2 min silence that costs a blood rune that is never there when you need it/talent to make it 1min loosing a fundamental skill in the process and a terrible CC you need to stay in melee range without any dispels or CC breaking moves being cast on other players) we are left smashing down a door that is constantly being repaired. Half the time it feels like I'd have more luck attacking test dummies.

Kinda LOL'ed at this tweet. They have changed nothing for DKs since the launch of MoP and they think that we are the target.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...35425605738496

Quote Originally Posted by Ranaas View Post
    Kinda LOL'ed at this tweet. They have changed nothing for DKs since the launch of MoP and they think that we are the target.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...35425605738496
    Right on the mark becouse actually DKs/Rets/Ench are all pretty powerfull and have their niche rolls. The problem is that godclass took all the niches already =)

Well it really depends on what you play with, but in general the strategy for a frost DK in 2v2 is to never untarget the enemy healer. You'd want to play with a resto shaman ideally since the support from purge/wind shear/grounding/tremor/windwalk/stormlash/fire ele will help you tunnel all the better. A druid would probably be your toughest kill since they can actually get away from you once in a while, but you should be able to grind him down. It'll take a while and he'll cycle through cooldowns, but he should run out eventually. If you can't play with a shaman, maybe consider glyphing icy touch? Not sure about that, just tossing out an idea.

This probably comes across as sarcastic and mocking, but I'm actually serious. Nothing outdamages a DK. Your healer should be able to tank their dps a lot longer than their healer can you. The only exception is possibly helping to peel recklessness, but your healer should be able to manage 1v1. Aside from that, just use your cooldowns wisely for maximum pressure.

Edit: Just read you are currently playing with a rsham. Make sure he's purging your target any time a druid buff shows up on it, and make sure he's glyphed purge if he hasn't. Lifebloom's bloom is maybe strong enough to keep up with your diseases. Once tree's down he's dead.
    Last edited by asb; 2012-12-19 at 05:05 PM.

The hardest part for me to stay on druid when a warrior is on me , peeling. Whenever I drop the druid a little down , he charges , shockwaves and druid displaces and gone behind a pillar and hop , he is full hp again. And actually , DK only outdamage ppl when he is targetiing dummies. Uptime of DKs on enemy healers if they are getting a bit of support , is very low

Just spec asphyxiate.

Swap to druid just with a grip dont use a cd just try to get barkskin.

Next grip once you've forced barkskin, asphyxiate -> remorseless winter. You want to pop rw just before you asphyxiate, if you time it right the rw will be garunteed because it will stack during asphyxiate. Repeat every 1min until death. If it's possible you want to try to switch without grip so you can have it for displacer, if he is still alive get your shaman to use windwalk and mash purge the druid should die.

Another trick is to always try to face the warrior while your on the druid in the chance that you get lucky and parry disarm. You can also have your shaman hex the warrior on the asphyxiate so he can't peel.

Nice tips guys , I will definetly try asphyx + rw thingie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    Just spec asphyxiate.

Swap to druid just with a grip dont use a cd just try to get barkskin.

Next grip once you've forced barkskin, asphyxiate -> remorseless winter. You want to pop rw just before you asphyxiate, if you time it right the rw will be garunteed because it will stack during asphyxiate. Repeat every 1min until death. If it's possible you want to try to switch without grip so you can have it for displacer, if he is still alive get your shaman to use windwalk and mash purge the druid should die.

Another trick is to always try to face the warrior while your on the druid in the chance that you get lucky and parry disarm. You can also have your shaman hex the warrior on the asphyxiate so he can't peel.
    Yup but then again they just trinket and boom you lost both your CC's for another minute. Or they get dispelled/bubbled/sheilded etc etc..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    Just spec asphyxiate.
    Asphyxiate is very good, but unfortunately, chillblains or death's advance is a MUST HAVE, if you actually want to be able to ever reach a target, ever. Blizzard really screwed DK's over with the talent system, AMZ and one of chillblains OR DA needs to be baseline, we are just not mobile enough, especially now that Frost moves ridiculously slow due to being forced into frost pres.

+ Warrior/ Healer is just a faceroll FOTM comp. atm, with warriors having ridiculous peels, damage, mobility and CC.

Ah, I remember the days when DK's were meant to be a 'control' class, and warriors were the 'damage' class, seems like Blizzard has screwed everything by giving Warriors a ridiculous amount of CC, and DKs no CC at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post
    Asphyxiate is very good, but unfortunately, chillblains or death's advance is a MUST HAVE, if you actually want to be able to ever reach a target, ever. Blizzard really screwed DK's over with the talent system, AMZ and one of chillblains OR DA needs to be baseline, we are just not mobile enough, especially now that Frost moves ridiculously slow due to being forced into frost pres.

+ Warrior/ Healer is just a faceroll FOTM comp. atm, with warriors having ridiculous peels, damage, mobility and CC.

Ah, I remember the days when DK's were meant to be a 'control' class, and warriors were the 'damage' class, seems like Blizzard has screwed everything by giving Warriors a ridiculous amount of CC, and DKs no CC at all.
    Asphyxiate is actually a pos, however you should probably read the op. He want's help dealing with war / rdruid, chillblains is useless vs druids as they just shift it and you waste all of your runes. Death's advance wont land you a kill vs a rdruid, as unsnareable > 70% run speed.

The easiest way to deal with rdruid war while playing with an rsham as a dk is definitely asphyxiate, as the comp doesn't have enough cc in order to land a kill on any non retarded warrior. Good luck trying to hex a druid who knows how to press his growl ability, instant shift even if they're on global.