Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Tanked the windblades as a prot warrior on our kill the other night and it was pretty faceroll with some structure behind it. Popped shield wall while picking up both groups, two shield blocks and a pain suppression after shield wall faded. Then my vengeance was high as a kite and 1.3-1.5 million shield barriers made me virtually immune the rest of the phase thanks to revenge procs giving more rage than i can spend. Saved last stand in case i somehow would spike a bit as a panic button. Felt a bit gimmicky after that point.
    Yea warriors are boss on that fight. We do it with a Paladin on windblades, myself on the reavers + 1 windblade.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone could go little bit more into details about P1? We're about to face Empress after this mini break so any kind of useful info is greatly appreciated.
    In particular, Corrupted fields mechanics.
    P3: additional debuff. Are there any positional requirements or simply run out with it?
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

The corrupted field is just extra damage. We tried a few different strats to get rid of it first and fast, but we wound up taking way more damage. Basically, just put the debuff in either field and stick with that one, just like normal; RNG will decide if you chose correctly. The extra damage from it isn't too bad. Just heal through it.

You can 100% ignore the extra debuff in p3. It does essentially nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The corrupted field is just extra damage. We tried a few different strats to get rid of it first and fast, but we wound up taking way more damage. Basically, just put the debuff in either field and stick with that one, just like normal; RNG will decide if you chose correctly. The extra damage from it isn't too bad. Just heal through it.

I thought the P3 debuff works like Imperial Vizier's Exhale. You want the tanks to soak the damage instead of a healer or DPS because tanks passively take less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    I thought the P3 debuff works like Imperial Vizier's Exhale. You want the tanks to soak the damage instead of a healer or DPS because tanks passively take less damage.
    we just killed it the other night.
    had no idea what the thing even did and one shot it once we actually got to p3.
    handling the fields and the adds is by far the most difficult part of the fight

Deleted
    Having the same issue in p2. our prot pally survives fine mostly, but our brew monk just goes squish..

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the reply.
    One of the reasons I'm asking is that no matter how many movies I've watched and tried to go into details, I didn't notice anything different from what you wrote. Thought "hm there must be a catch" but now when you've answered I'm sure there isn't. Apart from obvious high raid dmg or tank dmg in P2.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    It's mechanically the same as Exhale, but the damage is easily healable on any person. You can ignore it as far as mechanics, but healers just need to give them a little more attention, though there's so much damage that they should be healed up just fine regardless.

It's mechanically the same as Exhale, but the damage is easily healable on any person. You can ignore it as far as mechanics, but healers just need to give them a little more attention, though there's so much damage that they should be healed up just fine regardless.
    It only affects one player right? The dungeon journal makes it sound like a splash by 'in their direction'.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    It only affects one player right? The dungeon journal makes it sound like a splash by 'in their direction'.
    Just one player. Works just like Exhale, minus the stun part.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the recent nerfs to Empress, is it now viable to 3-heal in 10-man?

Or is it still hard / better to 3-heal it? If you 3-heal, do you need a Hybrid to "off-heal" like ele shaman with healing tide?

We have Resto Druid / Disc Priest / Resto Shaman. Is that a viable 3-heal combo? Only got a Shadow Priest to Off-heal or switch to 4th Heal. I guess 2x Disc Priest is bad, so one has to go holy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post

Or is it still hard / better to 3-heal it? If you 3-heal, do you need a Hybrid to "off-heal" like ele shaman with healing tide?

We have Resto Druid / Disc Priest / Resto Shaman. Is that a viable 3-heal combo? Only got a Shadow Priest to Off-heal or switch to 4th Heal. I guess 2x Disc Priest is bad, so one has to go holy?
    Due to the long break and inactivity in the guild we've finally started pulling Empress, and last night, even without our Discipline Priest online 3 healing it seemed more than easy. We didn't have random deaths once the healer had some pulls in on it and we used raid cooldowns properly (keep in mind though, before the nerfs we put in 15-20 pulls or so and still managed to get some consistency with just 3 healers). 3 healing it is probably advisable because you can push the boss to P3 in just 1 P2
    Last edited by mmoc68a4e4b5e2; 2013-01-04 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are cooldowns handled? Do you use CDs before the fields explode to top people off / reduce dmg and than afterwards heal? Does every explosion need a cooldown?

Always focus the corrupted field with debuff and stuff to get it depleted asap?

Yes it is. We only get 1 P2 phase now with 3 healers, no hybrid required. Fight was a joke.

Deleted
    How are cooldowns handled? Do you use CDs before the fields explode to top people off / reduce dmg and than afterwards heal? Does every explosion need a cooldown?

Always focus the corrupted field with debuff and stuff to get it depleted asap?
    This is what we used as a general plan:

Key points:
    • Use 1 general throughput cooldown when the field gets corrupted (ascendance, tree of life, avenging wrath, etc)
    • Spirit shell on every black explosion, tranq (druid, shaman, monk, etc) about 3-4 seconds before explosion to top all people off
    • Use minor stuff for the normal explosions

And yes, corrupted field is a priority.

3 Healed it one reset after the nerf with the exact same comp. Log:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nk.../?s=810&e=1582

As for hybrid questions: Ancestral guidance > HTT on Ele. Shadow priest passive vampiric healing will be fine, but 2x Disc is actually great and trivializes the fight.
    Last edited by mmocd0828b0993; 2013-01-04 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: How much damage do the adds do compared to normal?

What we do for normal is (DK + Druid): Druid tanks one side with cooldowns, dps unloads immediatly on one small add. Me (DK) intercepts the adds quite early and thank them with DRW + BS + VB going into IBF. Then i use my AOE Stun (that freezing thing, forgot the name) and line it up with the end of IBF. Chillblains on the adds for slow. I then start running/kiting the adds who are perma slowed by chillblains/dnd slow. only the reaver damages me. By the time I reach the other side, the small ones from the druid are dead. he taunts the 2nd big one and thats it.

So what I'm wondering is - will that still work on HC?

Question: How much damage do the adds do compared to normal?

What we do for normal is (DK + Druid): Druid tanks one side with cooldowns, dps unloads immediatly on one small add. Me (DK) intercepts the adds quite early and thank them with DRW + BS + VB going into IBF. Then i use my AOE Stun (that freezing thing, forgot the name) and line it up with the end of IBF. Chillblains on the adds for slow. I then start running/kiting the adds who are perma slowed by chillblains/dnd slow. only the reaver damages me. By the time I reach the other side, the small ones from the druid are dead. he taunts the 2nd big one and thats it.

So what I'm wondering is - will that still work on HC?
    No. Have your Druid tank 5 windblades, you tank 2 reavers and 1 windblade. Kill off a couple windblades, trap first reaver, kill off 2 more windblades, trap second reaver, kill remaining windblades.

Going to try this this week. Still seems like most new kills are 4 healing it. We could take a disc priest, resto shaman, and holy pally to 3 heal. While I'm sure you *can* 3-heal, is it actually easier to do so nowadays when learning it? My hunch is yes as you only have to do P2 once instead twice and have a 5 minute shorter attempt, but what do you guys think? If we 4-healed we'd bring in a resto Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Oatz View Post
    Going to try this this week. Still seems like most new kills are 4 healing it. We could take a disc priest, resto shaman, and holy pally to 3 heal. While I'm sure you *can* 3-heal, is it actually easier to do so nowadays when learning it? My hunch is yes as you only have to do P2 once instead twice and have a 5 minute shorter attempt, but what do you guys think? If we 4-healed we'd bring in a resto Druid.
    I would say 4 heal it until everyone learns the mechanics. Dipping into the fields, Tanks collecting adds, properly placing traps and not kiting windblades into them. Once everyone is comfortable, drop to 3 heals and own it. P2 is a joke. We killed it the first time we hit P2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I would say 4 heal it until everyone learns the mechanics. Dipping into the fields, Tanks collecting adds, properly placing traps and not kiting windblades into them. Once everyone is comfortable, drop to 3 heals and own it. P2 is a joke. We killed it the first time we hit P2.
    I guess you are talking about P3? Since P2 was somewhat hardest for us with tanks being insta gibbed few times.
    First time we reached P3 we killed the boss as well , 2 man healed that phase since remaining healers were dead from start pretty much.