Thread: Noob Question.

Noob Question.

I have been wondering as someone who plays a shaman healer in World of Warcraft where would I fit nicely into Rift, I know Shaman is also a soul choice in rift but how does it play etc. Thanks for any reply.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    I have been wondering as someone who plays a shaman healer in World of Warcraft where would I fit nicely into Rift, I know Shaman is also a soul choice in rift but how does it play etc. Thanks for any reply.
    a shaman in rift plays like enh from WoW, not sure about the healing side though. maybe sometging like sentinel mixed with warden?

There is no "Chain heal" mechanic like the Shaman of WoW (at least not technically) but there are several souls that play in a similar style:

1. Tactician/Bard - Rogue class- You have "Totem" like mehcanics and group buffs which you need to maintain. Not super viable as tank healer, but seems to be quite effective in WF's and group PvE.you also have flamethrowers. (not kidding)
    2. Warden/Purifier - Cleric Class - You have a lot of druid based hots with several tank heals and a "water shield" mechanism. There are some spells similar to Chain heal (I remember there was one that even visually resembled it) but it will not be your "go-to" spell.

If I recall correctly, Sentinetel wouldn't work in a shaman comparison discussion because that's a tank based healing soul that converts Overhealing into DPS.

If you want to discuss the nuances, I've found that Rift healing is very different to WoW healing in some key areas, for one, timing spells requires a different approach and the CD's are a lot shorter (sometimes non existent) so you need to play in a more aggressive style as a healer. There is also a bit of a dot/debuff management component to a lot of the healing builds. I'm not making comparisons about what's better, just giving you an idea of what to expect
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Yeah, WoW Resto Shaman is very different from Rift Shaman Cleric. Here's the Rift Shaman soul tree fully populated (check the bottom of the page for abilities granted):

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#lkGBlhlkll4/

It probably started off more analogous to a WoW Enh Shaman - very melee focused with some raid buffs - but the raid buffing aspect of the Courage buffs was eliminated in the 1.11 soul revamp.

The other posters have pointed out healing souls with similar mechanics to Resto Shaman (Warden Cleric, Tactician and Bard Rogues), but there's no direct equivalent.