Gate of the Setting Sun & Raigonn Cannons

This is a real noob question and I've just turned level 90. The cannons for Raigonn... I don't get how to shoot out of them. They seem to shoot me out on their own? Do I need to select something on Raigonn's weak spot to shoot out? I don't see any sort of shoot button expect to leave the cannon. HELP!

Using the 'enter vehicle' mouse over option should put you into the cannon. The cannon will automatically shoot you up onto his face, so you can target his weak spot.

However only 2 players can be on his face at a time, if you are the third it will drop you to the ground instead of throwing you up onto his face.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    Using the 'enter vehicle' mouse over option should put you into the cannon. The cannon will automatically shoot you up onto his face, so you can target his weak spot.

However only 2 players can be on his face at a time, if you are the third it will drop you to the ground instead of throwing you up onto his face.

Hope this helps.
    Gotcha! That helps a lot. Thank you. I was panicking thinking I was missing something.

Sometimes the third person will actually just stay in the cannon which can be pretty confusing.

I thought this was a bug myself. I've also had problems in Scarlet Monastery where you fight the houndskeeper, one time the obedient dogs didnt kill the elite guards in the doorway that have more hit points than the bosses do and they butchered the tank when he tried to walk past them and another where we were fighting the boss and dogs that were obedient and green chewed the ass off our mage.

Since we were combat locked with the door guards we could not res or regain mana, we figured out that the guards could not move so we could just ranged dps them down, took 5 minutes and then got the combat lock removed, resed the tank and went on with the board.

yes the raigonn fight has a very stupid design.. i was frusterated at first when trying to launch my mage out of a cannon and getting no results. then i realized only a few people can be on the back at a time. so just call it out next time in party.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    yes the raigonn fight has a very stupid design.. i was frusterated at first when trying to launch my mage out of a cannon and getting no results. then i realized only a few people can be on the back at a time. so just call it out next time in party.
    Ah, yes. Your poor comprehension and problem solving skills clearly dictate that the design itself was very stupid and not the player.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Ah, yes. Your poor comprehension and problem solving skills clearly dictate that the design itself was very stupid and not the player.
    how hard is it to allow 3 people (aka dps) enter the cannons? there are 3 dps in a 5man group. 1 healer and 1 tank.. it makes more sense to allow 3 to launch instead of 2.

how hard is it to allow 3 people (aka dps) enter the cannons? there are 3 dps in a 5man group. 1 healer and 1 tank.. it makes more sense to allow 3 to launch instead of 2.
    Except there are adds that 1 dps needs to kill (if the tank is badly geared).

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Except there are adds that 1 dps needs to kill (if the tank is badly geared).
    adds only appear after 40-50 seconds in the fight.. at which point the weak spot(2m hp target) should be dead.. its therefore irrelevant. if 2 dps cant destroy the weakspot before that time.. the group really fails.

adds only appear after 40-50 seconds in the fight.. at which point the weak spot(2m hp target) should be dead.. its therefore irrelevant. if 2 dps cant destroy the weakspot before that time.. the group really fails.
    Elitist about casual dungeon bosses. Bravo.

Nope.
    Adds appear early during the fight. There are three kind of adds and they appear in a randomized order. There's the tornado-guy who is not killable by melee but I'd guess a ranged class can kill him instead of letting him spread tornados everywhere, there's the protectors each one buffing the others when he is below 20% (you don't want to tank eight protectors under 20% in Challenge Mode, seriously) that any dps class can help to kill and there's the insect-guy who makes the annoying insects everywhere, here a melee class is much better since you'd like to interrupt all his casts before he dies.
    Basically, you should send dps depending on which adds appear to keep the dps best suited to assist the tank.

It's not because the fight is undertuned that the mechanism is stupid.

where is the gate of the setting sun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zgraphz View Post
    It's where the sun sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zgraphz View Post

Big gate on the wall. REALLY big, biggest one there is. Can't miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

How funny would it be if, after the two people got on, anyone else using the cannons would be launched AT the boss like a cannon ball. You could aim for its joints.

Heck, a fully plated Warrior or DK probably has more weight to him than a cannonball anyways.