Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Valient View Post
    Did you taunt or were you using the redirect portion of the spell, the reason I am asking is that we have 2 windwalkers and it would be handy if they could use it to soak a few towards the end to let tank recover a bit even though with his cast speed at the end you will get about 4-5 secs tops, still better than nothing.
    I would have thought that's perfectly valid. They should probably have diffuse magic too for that fight. And touch of karma would help too. String together and you may well be able to hold long enough for other tank to shed stacks. I have noticed that threat on lei shi with tank vengeance may make it difficult to hold off them though, especially with zen med as you can't attack.

Used zen meditation to survive heroic Garalon enrage tonight, and solo him for a full minute for our first kill.

I now love zen meditate even more haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valient View Post
    Did you taunt or were you using the redirect portion of the spell, the reason I am asking is that we have 2 windwalkers and it would be handy if they could use it to soak a few towards the end to let tank recover a bit even though with his cast speed at the end you will get about 4-5 secs tops, still better than nothing.
    I taunted. The way i got the quoted statement, was that you couldn't use it at all on Lei, my mistake if i missunderstood. I tried simply poping it near the tank back on beta, but even then it didn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    I would have thought that's perfectly valid. They should probably have diffuse magic too for that fight. And touch of karma would help too. String together and you may well be able to hold long enough for other tank to shed stacks. I have noticed that threat on lei shi with tank vengeance may make it difficult to hold off them though, especially with zen med as you can't attack.
    Diffuse magic yes, but touch of karma won't do you any good, it will hold for maybe 2 casts and at 20% health thats less then a second.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Zen Med isn't entirely worthless, but it needs a real overhaul. Blizzard actually expects us to use a channeled ability as a psuedo-raid cooldown? Or even as a personal cooldown? Almost every class can cast their personal cooldown and continue do to what they do. We can't, since we have to channel it until the ability we're trying to absorb goes through. Not only that, but if you're fond of spamming buttons (as I am) before your GCD is up, you can actually disable this spell before you get any good use out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    We tested this out last night, we had been using 3 tanks just as a buffer as the fight is far from a dps race, and used a WW to taunt from me and use Zen med and diffuse magic to allow me to reset my stacks, so we only needed to 2 tank. It worked pretty well, in fact the WW saved Zen Med for the 2nd time they had to taunt and only used Diffuse magic on first and second Protector phase, worked really nicely.