Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So what's next class?

We had tank class added in Wotlk, Tank / Healer class in MoP, think it's time for pure DPS class next?
    Or even better: 4th tree for everybody! Suck it Druids. ^^

Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I'd like to see a 4th talent tree, but I'm not sure it would work for classes that aren't hybrids. Unless they were to add a hybrid element to pure classes. I'm not sure if many people that play a pure DPS class would like that though.
    Personally I steer towards hybrids because I like the idea that I can fulfill a variety of roles. I'm guessing that doesn't appeal to some people that play pure classes.
    Anyway, would be cool to have say, a new tanking tree for Shamans, a ranged dps (holy magic based) tree for paladins and so on.
    I understand that probably wouldn't appeal to a lot of people, but I think it would be good.
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

Brewmaster
    If they have to add something, we need a pure dps caster/ranged plate class.

We need specs for caster plate (currently only Holy Paladin) and caster mail (currently only Elemental and Restoration Shaman) to balance out the drops.

Doomhammer EU

Different factors are involved.

- Filling a niche: What hasnt been done before, what would make the class feel unique?
    - Weapons and Gear: Which new class would make use of gear already in the game, without increasing competition for the most popular gear/weapons already?
    - Delivering on the fantasy: How will this new class 'feel' according to a player's expectation?

Armor:
    Cloth: 3 classes.
    Leather: 3 Classes.
    Mail: 2 Classes.
    Plate: 3 Classes.

Weaponry:
    Agility Daggers - used only by one class
    Guns, Bows and Crossbows - used only by one class

Whatever the 12th class is gonna be, logically it should be a melee/ranged mail-wearing class that's different enough from Hunters and Enhancement shamans. Either that or someone who can make use of paladin plate.

Maybe a demonhunter, borrowing from both Diablo3's demonhunter and Warcraft3's demonhunter. The former; Dualwielding crossbows. The latter: Daggers become glaives... somehow.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-12-12 at 12:33 PM.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

there is only 1 bow class... i can ee them making a pure archer class just to get another class using ranged weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    there is only 1 bow class... i can ee them making a pure archer class just to get another class using ranged weapons.
    leather would seem to fit archer the best, but i highly doubt they are doing to introduce yet another agi leather wearier to this game
    Last edited by Tokas; 2012-12-12 at 01:02 PM.

4 specs for every class and DEMON HUNTERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I'd like to see a 4th talent tree, but I'm not sure it would work for classes that aren't hybrids. Unless they were to add a hybrid element to pure classes. I'm not sure if many people that play a pure DPS class would like that though.
    Personally I steer towards hybrids because I like the idea that I can fulfill a variety of roles. I'm guessing that doesn't appeal to some people that play pure classes.
    Anyway, would be cool to have say, a new tanking tree for Shamans, a ranged dps (holy magic based) tree for paladins and so on.
    I understand that probably wouldn't appeal to a lot of people, but I think it would be good.
    They can't even balance 3 trees..leave alone 4.

A Tinker class would be awesome XD

Brewmaster
    A ragnarok online's style of Bard wearing plate ... being a supporter but just *dps*... yeah could be nice.

I've always thought the Priestess of Elune would make a brilliant new class.

Hybrid, healer/DPS

Two DPS trees, 1 ranged and 1 melee; 1 healer tree

Ranged uses bows/guns/crossbows, same as Hunters; melee uses daggers, swords, general agility stuff

Armor class: mail

Would be petless too so those Hunters who hate their pets can re-roll successfully! Just seems like this class could fill a nice niche.

Class: Pirate

Specs: Filibuster (melée dps), Buccaneer (tank), Privateer (ranged dps).

Armor: Mail

Weapons: Agility daggers, 2h sword/mace/axe, guns/crossbows.

How do we introduce the class in the lore?: After the discovery of Pandaria, the war between Horde and Alliance is bloodier than ever: the two factions are exploring new ways to state their supremacy, starting from the seas of Azeroth...

Yeah, I'm fond of Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Last edited by -Virgo-; 2012-12-12 at 01:28 PM.

Rune caster or Demon hunter

Brewmaster
    Hopefully we are never going to see a demon hunter in wow.

One in d3 is enough ( even though they would be different ).

I'd "vote" for 4th specs.

I want a demon hunting warlock tanking spec. that glyph of demon hunting is so cool, so full of unexplored potential
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    If they have to add something, we need a pure dps caster/ranged plate class.
    IMO, such class shouldn't be added into game ever, as it would be the first time.
    Last edited by Reyzzz; 2012-12-12 at 01:34 PM.

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    IMO, such class shouldn't be added into game ever again.
    But it will so..

Quote Originally Posted by galileoacosta View Post
    Bard is next
    Go on sing us a song... I'd like the Dragonborn comes!