Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Proof gun control doesn't work.

Sorry i can't post links, but if you google "Stabbing in Japan" Theres about 30 people dead in just the first page.
    the Osaka school massacre is a perfect example of, even if they don't have guns, they will still try to kill people.

How often does that happen, and how high is the crime rate in Japan, compared to the US (or any Western nation for that matter?)

It wasn't 30 in any of those cases. Japan also has one of the lowest crime rates of modern countries. All of them that I saw were years apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep saying this in every one of the 30 gun threads made in the last week.

Guns and knives are so cliche, go extract elemental chlorine gas from salt or bleach and go form acid in your enemies' lungs. Its way more creative.

I want the next school massacre to involve chemistry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    It wasn't 30 in any of those cases. Japan also has one of the lowest crime rates of modern countries. All of them that I saw were years apart.
    Japan also has the highest suicide rate among modern countries. Different cultures are different.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    To quote a tweet from Richard Dawkins earlier today, "No need for agonised puzzlement. It's simple. Lanza was a psychopath. Many are. Difference is, he lived in a culture that glorifies guns."

Later on, he said, "Not everyone with a gun is psychotic. Not all psychos have guns. But given a fair number of psychos and lots of easily available guns..."

And a retweet he put out that someone had tweeted him (his words are in bold), "Even psychos have the right to bear arms, until they kill someone. Here, in a nutshell, is the US problem."

I completely agree. There will ALWAYS be people out there that want to harm others for a multitude of reasons. They get pissed at society, they get pissed at their parents, they get pissed that they were fired, they're mentally unstable, and so forth in every country around the world. The main difference being that it's very easy to acquire a firearm here in the US. I'm not sure if gun control will work, but at this point it's worth a shot.

That isn't proof. Its anacdotal evidence.

That's like saying having a Police Force doesn't work because crimes are still commited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh idk I saw 7 in a single stabbing as the highest

Deleted
    Gun controll works, if guns were widely available in Japan he could have used a gun and killed even more people.

Deleted
    Japan = 12 gunrelated deaths in a year
    USA = 12000 gunrelated deaths in a year

Wich countries gunlaws do YOU think works best?

Quote Originally Posted by Aviney View Post
    he lived in a culture that glorifies guns."
    Dawkins has always been shit at philosophy, while I'm sure he's brilliant in his field. America doesn't glorify guns, we glorify freedom. As cliche as it sounds, freedom is one of the most important luxuries a society can have.

Deleted
    I guess this is proof! Finding a case where something went wrong with gun control.... How many more cases would you see with guns being available with every retard being able to get one easily?
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2012-12-19 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post

Japan also has one of the highest suicide rates in the world. Which is more tragic do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviney View Post
    I completely agree. There will ALWAYS be people out there that want to harm others for a multitude of reasons. They get pissed at society, they get pissed at their parents, they get pissed that they were fired, they're mentally unstable, and so forth in every country around the world. The main difference being that it's very easy to acquire a firearm here in the US. I'm not sure if gun control will work, but at this point it's worth a shot.
    Define "gun control." Don't use vague terms, be specific.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 01:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post

How many guns are in Japan? How many guns are in America? Correlation =! causation.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Japan also has one of the highest suicide rates in the world. Which is more tragic do you think?
    Yeah, a cultural problem. High expectations and the such I assume, knowing nothing about it at all

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 02:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Define "gun control." Don't use vague terms, be specific.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 01:03 AM ----------

How many guns are in Japan? How many guns are in America? Correlation =! causation.
    You have a point, but it's not the one you;re trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah, a cultural problem.
    Irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a point, but it's not the one you;re trying to make.
    Actually, I'm pointing out that comparing ONLY gun-related violent crime between the US and literally any other comparable country is fucking stupid because the US has more guns, period, than those other countries. This logically means those guns will be seen in crimes more frequently.

It doesn't mean that those guns are causing crimes, only that they're being used in crimes that may have happened without the guns regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Irrelevant.
    Well I think it's very relevant, considering that our current problem with guns in the US is also cultural

Well I think it's very relevant, considering that our current problem with guns in the US is also cultural
    No it isn't. Mental disorders aren't a "cultural thing". Do you think the gangs in Chicago who use guns on each other belong to the same culture as Lanza?

Or just look at the empirical data and history of gun control.