Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    What do you need the gear for if you don't like doing group-oriented activities in the game? Everything you need better gear for requires social interaction.
    I love doing group oriented crap, I would be doing it if this game wasn't such a massive cock block. That is however besides the point. If you want to get into a who needs that gear debate you'll lose because you don't need that fucking gear for your group oriented activity either. The point is that everybody to some degree or another plays world of warcraft for progression and reward. Don't tell me what I need or don't need. I'm sick of this bullshit of people telling me hey man you don't need it. Telling me what I need or don't need. Well neither do you. Any of you.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    The music/timing on that video by Check Please is so perfect, it just makes me grin.

    Would have commented on YouTube but comments disabled, guess they don't want people flaming them for 'cheating'. Probably will get changed, but definitely falls into the 'clever use of game mechanics' category for me. Anyways, if by chance you read this, thanks for the
    Thanks, Platu, the exploding paladin did the video and picked out the music to go with my footage. It was a great fit.

  3. #123
    Mechagnome Yumisara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    632
    Oh goodie! More World Bosses! It'll be like Galleon.

    Only spawns when I'm at work. 3 Times a week.

  4. #124
    I'm sorry but that comic is a boiling piece of shit. When Blizzard starts offering free server transfers from pvp to pve realms then people don't have the right to bitch about pvp servers. When most of us started playing this game we were told by our friends what server they were on. When we clicked create new character there was no warning that we'd be spawn camped by people who one shot us. Had I known I would have never leveled on a pvp server and until they offer free transfers the complaints are valid. Period.

  5. #125
    level 90 kiling level 70 = pillow fight. if I played on a PvP server I'd do it so I could PvP knowing the risks, but I sure as hell would enjoy getting ganked and fighting people my level while leveling up, then getting killed by a garbage 90 leveling up. Not really sure how "It's a PvP server" is really an argument, but I don't PvP, what do I know.

    happy about the rep changes, obviously not for my main but definitely my alts. hope the rep gained isn't insignificant though.
    Last edited by chocobo606; 2012-12-19 at 09:30 PM.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    What do you need the gear for if you don't like doing group-oriented activities in the game? Everything you need better gear for requires social interaction.
    And then there are dailies that reward raid level gear on top of a plethora of cosmetic rewards for far less challenge/effort than raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It's fucking bullshit but NOBODY defended harder dungeons by saying HEY MAN THEY ARE TOTALLY OPTIONAL. It's BULLSHIT.
    Both Blizzard and a portion of the player base acted like nothing was option in Cata and in part due to the lack of content regardless of what you did. Now That Blizzard has more content out, they are swapping stories. Still waiting for a heroic on the difficulty of WotLK launch heroics at launch, they feel like WotLK launch heroics at the end of the expansion.

  7. #127
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,490
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    And then there are dailies that reward raid level gear on top of a plethora of cosmetic rewards for far less challenge/effort than raids.
    I wasn't aware the dailies rewarded ilvl 500+ gear.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    And then there are dailies that reward raid level gear on top of a plethora of cosmetic rewards for far less challenge/effort than raids.

    Both Blizzard and a portion of the player base acted like nothing was option in Cata and in part due to the lack of content regardless of what you did. Now That Blizzard has more content out, they are swapping stories. Still waiting for a heroic on the difficulty of WotLK launch heroics at launch, they feel like WotLK launch heroics at the end of the expansion.
    They were totally optional though. You could step into raids with just normal dungeon gear and blues from questing.

  9. #129
    Pit Lord aztr0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,352
    So I'm guessing a lot of the public voice their displeasure towards the reputation/dailies approach. Better late than never to realize it.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Both Blizzard and a portion of the player base acted like nothing was option in Cata and in part due to the lack of content regardless of what you did. Now That Blizzard has more content out, they are swapping stories. Still waiting for a heroic on the difficulty of WotLK launch heroics at launch, they feel like WotLK launch heroics at the end of the expansion.
    Daily quests are not more content in my point of view. Doing the same quest every day doesn't mean they have added more quests or anything. In fact dailies in general means the exact opposite, that because they lack of content they have you grind the exact same content over and over and over for a month+

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    They were totally optional though. You could step into raids with just normal dungeon gear and blues from questing.
    dungeons are optional too. You don't need to do them. The whole point here is that you can continue doing dailies and progress that way. The only thing that will change is that people that don't like dailies and prefer dungeons can also progress too the same exact way. Except if you believe that dailies are more difficult content than Heroic dungeons. I am not saying that heroic dungeons in Mop have any challenge, but at least have more than dailies.

    Anyway I don't understand why you are pissed off. Is that because I can get my reputation, recipes, mounts without doing the content you like most? Now imagine the opposite. Lets say that dailies reward you with 463 blue ilvl and dungeons give you reputation, recipes,mounts, and access to vendors with 476 ilvl gear. You don't like dungeons for example. Would you feel like forced to do dungeons? Would you do only dailies and then start raiding with 463 ilvl from dailies?
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Daily quests are not more content in my point of view. Doing the same quest every day doesn't mean they have added more quests or anything. In fact dailies in general means the exact opposite, that because they lack of content they have you grind the exact same content over and over and over for a month+



    dungeons are optional too. You don't need to do them. The whole point here is that you can continue doing dailies and progress that way. The only thing that will change is that people that don't like dailies and prefer dungeons can also progress too the same exact way. Except if you believe that dailies are more difficult content than Heroic dungeons. I am not saying that heroic dungeons in Mop have any challenge, but at least have more than dailies.

    Anyway I don't understand why you are pissed off. Is that because I can get my reputation, recipes, mounts without doing the content you like most? Now imagine the opposite. Lets say that dailies reward you with 463 blue ilvl and dungeons give you reputation, recipes,mounts, and access to vendors with 476 ilvl gear. You don't like dungeons for example. Would you feel like forced to do dungeons? Would you do only dailies and then start raiding with 463 ilvl from dailies?
    Ultimately everything is optional but what kind of a choice is that? I love running dungeons but after 463 their's very little reason. I'd like to be rewarded properly and sufficiently for whatever activity I do. If I want to run heroics for valor gear I should be allowed to. You can run dailies and do the exact same thing. In cataclysm everyone whined and moaned about how hard the heroic dungeons were. Well guess what. Those heroics were OPTIONAL. You could get into raids (and if it had existed at the time LFR) with simple blues from questing and normal dungeon gear. Yet nobody said heroics were optional then. What happened?

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Ultimately everything is optional but what kind of a choice is that? I love running dungeons but after 463 their's very little reason. I'd like to be rewarded properly and sufficiently for whatever activity I do. If I want to run heroics for valor gear I should be allowed to. You can run dailies and do the exact same thing. In cataclysm everyone whined and moaned about how hard the heroic dungeons were. Well guess what. Those heroics were OPTIONAL. You could get into raids (and if it had existed at the time LFR) with simple blues from questing and normal dungeon gear. Yet nobody said heroics were optional then. What happened?
    well I think we are on same boat and I misunderstood you. I thought you were against that change and you wanted reputation stay exclusive to dailies..btw I never complained about cata dungeons and they weren't hard at all...I play since vanilla and I have seen much more difficult dungeons.Even in wrath of the lich king dungeons was harder at the start but we felt was easy because everyone back knew how to play them. We all came from TBC and doing CC was very normal back then and so we felt they were easy. The problem with cata was the new philosophy of DPS pull first, aoe with no cc. That philosophy came from the last patch of wotlk when in my opinion have started the wow downfall.
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    So I'm guessing a lot of the public voice their displeasure towards the reputation/dailies approach. Better late than never to realize it.
    I'm betting sub numbers came in and they were declining and the reason given was dailies. In typical Blizzard fashion they did their usual bi-polar thing and went from one extreme to another with the start of MOP. They blathered on about giving choices and then did the exact opposite.

  14. #134
    Haha! I'm on MMO Champion! I thought that World Boss question had been asked already... surprised by Zarhym's quick response, doubly surprised to see it on MMOC with my name on it. :P
    Last edited by Vikmourne; 2012-12-20 at 12:53 AM. Reason: accidental quote

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    well I think we are on same boat and I misunderstood you. I thought you were against that change and you wanted reputation stay exclusive to dailies..btw I never complained about cata dungeons and they weren't hard at all...I play since vanilla and I have seen much more difficult dungeons.Even in wrath of the lich king dungeons was harder at the start but we felt was easy because everyone back knew how to play them. We all came from TBC and doing CC was very normal back then and so we felt they were easy. The problem with cata was the new philosophy of DPS pull first, aoe with no cc. That philosophy came from the last patch of wotlk when in my opinion have started the wow downfall.
    Yea miscommunication. I didn't think they were very hard either but I had a good group of players who were co-ordinated. Even in LFD I got good groups all the time but I can understand the frustration of many players.

    Ultimately what I hope they learned is that being bored because you've done everything in the game is worse than being bored because you don't like what's being offered to you. I'd much rather be bored because I exhausted the rewarding content then be bored because I was getting fucking nowhere in daily quest mists of grindaria.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    I'm betting sub numbers came in and they were declining and the reason given was dailies.
    This is what I did. I canceled my sub and added that reason. "Dailies and no alternative way for reputaion, recipes, valor gear". Funny thing is , the last time I have canceled my sub I had added the reason that we have not a feature to modify the look of our characters and we all look the same and "bam" I read after 2 weeks that transmogrification will be added lol...of course is coincedence but it happens two times in a row

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I'd much rather be bored because I exhausted the rewarding content then be bored because I was getting fucking nowhere in daily quest mists of grindaria.
    this x100
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I wasn't aware the dailies rewarded ilvl 500+ gear.
    They do, in the form of elder charms.

  18. #138
    New world boss? Still haven't downed Galleon...thx to Shamans griefing and after "fix" he is up when I'm asleep or at work. GG Blizz...haven't even seen him since 'fix'...or any "lfm galleon"

    New world boss better not be like Galleon, created to exclude people..maybe I should quit my job to have a chance to get a kill, huh Blizz?

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm on the faction that's outnumbered 2:1 on my server, have been for 3½ years. And you know how I've dealt with it? By always having a set of PVP gear equipped out in the world, instead of wasting my time whining on a forum about how it's unfair that my server doesn't have rules.
    I'd like to see where you get a lvl 40 pvp set so he doesn't get ganked 24/7. Oh wait there is none.
    People are bitching about LOW LEVELs getting ganked, not your main who's 90.
    Jeez

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    New world boss? Still haven't downed Galleon...thx to Shamans griefing and after "fix" he is up when I'm asleep or at work. GG Blizz...haven't even seen him since 'fix'...or any "lfm galleon"

    New world boss better not be like Galleon, created to exclude people..maybe I should quit my job to have a chance to get a kill, huh Blizz?
    Why does everyone think like this? This mindset is slowly killing the game. If you don't play enough to kill the boss, then you don't get to kill it. Get over it. Everybody feels like they are entitled to do everything, leaving the dedicated players with nothing to show for the time they put in. Even heroic raiding, which was specifically designed to fix this problem, is fucked now with all of the nerfs that come out. Who DOESNT have the Deathwing heroic mount? Sure, dedicated players get cool gear for a few months, and then everything is thrown out the window when the nerfs roll in. It's retarded. Stop complaining.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •