Weapon for Ret PvP

I apologize if this has been brought up recently.... I tried to use the search but all the content I found was old and from before the PvP power nerf and the introduction of upgrading items.

My question is, I have a regular Shin'Ka, Execution of Dominion that I have upgraded twice. For PvP would I be better of using that or using one of the PvP weapons?
    Their base damage is much lower especially the ilvl470 ones, but they have a lot of PvP power. If not the 470ilvl, would the 490ilvl be worth it then?

Thanks!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    An upgraded PvP weapon. The unupgraded tier 1 weapon has almost 20% PvP Power on it.

Deleted
    Yeah the 470 PvP weapon by all means ! 4k+ PvP power will make your opponents melt like ice on a barbecue xD
    Besides, you can upgrade it up to 478 and it becomes even more powerful.

Pve weapon are pretty much useless due to the massive amount of PvP power you need to kill high-resilience-geared PvP-players

Quote Originally Posted by Dagenn View Post
    I apologize if this has been brought up recently.... I tried to use the search but all the content I found was old and from before the PvP power nerf and the introduction of upgrading items.

My question is, I have a regular Shin'Ka, Execution of Dominion that I have upgraded twice. For PvP would I be better of using that or using one of the PvP weapons?
    Their base damage is much lower especially the ilvl470 ones, but they have a lot of PvP power. If not the 470ilvl, would the 490ilvl be worth it then?

Thanks!
    The PvP power nerf to healing happened at the same time as a massive buff to PvP power on weapons. With the current 5k PvP power on weapons, a PvE weapon would have to be massively superior in ilvl to compete. Probably fully upgraded heroic mode Shin'Ka with a legendary gem is competitive with PvP weapons, but that's about it.

Deleted
    If you do x damage, upgrading that by 20% is an increase of 20% (obviously)
    If you do 2x damage, upgrading that by 20%*x only equals 2,2x, an increase of just 10%

Real pvp power numbers without best in slot gear approximately give you a 15% damage increase from a pvp weapon, not 20%. You already have pvp power outside, see above example.

Can upgrading yoour weapon from 478 to 504 with legendary make you do 15% more damage? More? Less?
    It's a close call in this case, and far away from "just take the pvp weapon".

I have a twice upgraded starshatter normal, and i basicly just switched to the pvp weapon for the resilience. Did not notice my damage to "skyrocket"... far from it.
    In your case i probably wouldnt care and upgrade the rest of my equip first.