Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    DotA 2 won because the cosmetic items that go along with the pack cost about 30 dollars in the in-game store. (I mean all of them look like shit but hey, apparently people legit like the Snowdrop set for whatever reason)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    DotA 2 won because the cosmetic items that go along with the pack cost about 30 dollars in the in-game store. (I mean all of them look like shit but hey, apparently people legit like the Snowdrop set for whatever reason)
    Who pays for -cosmetic- items anyway?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    Considering the amount of people I see running around with Snowdrop lately, a lot.

Deleted
    Alot of people, otherwise ftp games wouldn't work.

Deleted
    Well that's just sad.

Deleted
    Well to be fair... look at league of legends and the money they make off skins (including money from me... :P) and the answer is "a LOT of people."

Deleted
    Well that's just sad.
    You spent your overflow time on making a custom avatar for functionally meaningless visual representation.
    They spent their overflow money on buying cosmetics.

Time = money etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Well to be fair... look at league of legends and the money they make off skins (including money from me... :P) and the answer is "a LOT of people."
    There are like 8 skins max in the entire game worth paying any amount of money for.

Deleted
    You spent your overflow time on making a custom avatar for functionally meaningless visual representation.
    They spent their overflow money on buying cosmetics.

Time = money etc

There are like 8 skins max in the entire game worth paying any amount of money for.
    nah, I stole it from someone. but it cost nothing.
    and time=money is not absolute.

Deleted
    nah, I stole it from someone. but it cost nothing.
    and time=money is not absolute.
    Unless google reverse search isn't omnipotent(Which it has to be, it's google), you still spent time cropping, bordering and adding text.

Also is this the part where I argue that wasting overflow time is on the same level of sad as wasting overflow money.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People playing great games that provide stellar service without asking them to pay anything. That's like asking why people buy make up or hair products. We have faces and hair for free, why would we ever be so stupid to buy cosmetic items.

Subjective is as subjective does. Plenty of people disagree with you.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are 10,000 keys available right now here http://computergames.ro/giveaway/dota-2/ it's not in English but just click the green button and fill in your details (or use google translate).
    Thanks for the link, now I have the game, doubt I will ever play it as I all I hear are people yell at new people all the time. Part of why I don't care for PVP or competitive games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshoreguy View Post
    Thanks for the link, now I have the game, doubt I will ever play it as I all I hear are people yell at new people all the time. Part of why I don't care for PVP or competitive games.
    Not really, played 3 games and only got told what to do when I was bugged and my item was stuck on the cursor, blocking me from doing stuff...
    Know the absolute basics though so I guess it would be a good idea to play some bot games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    People playing great games that provide stellar service without asking them to pay anything. That's like asking why people buy make up or hair products. We have faces and hair for free, why would we ever be so stupid to buy cosmetic items.
    I actually never understood the makeup thing as well. In my opinion, women are more ugly while wearing makeup, so it's funny how they pay for it.

Somehow it feels like they sale-recycle really often this year.
    And there's still almost a whole week to go...
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Somehow it feels like they sale-recycle really often this year.
    And there's still almost a whole week to go...
    It was like this last year too. Games from Daily deals go to flash games, and out of there go to the voting poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking dumb that the Dota 2 bundle won over Portal 2 and CS:GO.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Fucking dumb that the Dota 2 bundle won over Portal 2 and CS:GO.
    It costs less than the Snowdrop set does in itself, Portal 2 and CSGO are on sale every 5 days.
    Really, if we're talking which one was most useful to vote on, DotA definitely wins.

Probably because Portal 2 and CS kept going on sale for ages, and most people already bought them when they were on sale already.

It was like this last year too. Games from Daily deals go to flash games, and out of there go to the voting poll.
    Yeah that might be true. But Flash Deals were on a shorter "cooldown" and most recycling was the last three days. That's how I memorized it at least... might be rose colored glasses.

The sale itself is not worse than last year though, many games that were daily/flash last year are perma reduced now.
    (examples: SPAZ, World of Goo, Q.U.B.E, Machinarium, Pendulo Franchise, E.Y.E., Botanicula, HOARD, ...)
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

The community chooses DOTA2. WHY STEAM COMMUNITY, WHY!
    Not that it really mattered, the other two choices only have been on extra sale 2-3 times this week alone.