Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good thing they give you time, at work now but gonna pick up KotoR 2 when I get off, and look into the Painkiller franchise and The Longest Journey franchise. We've already had a brief discussion about TLJ, but any opinions on Painkiller? The bundle doesn't save that much, so I would probably only get 1 or 2 of the games if I get any at all.

Actually, Painkiller is a daily deal, so TotalBiscuit will discuss it on the sale box. Still, any opinions are welcome
    Last edited by Arcilux; 2013-01-02 at 07:12 PM.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    I just played through KotOR2. Only the second playthrough, but first with the Restored Content Mod and I would say its better than 85% of the newer RPGs. Its not great like KotOR1 but still awesome, especially if you do not already know the whole story.

KotOR1+2 for 5$ is more than a steal. You will have at least 50-60hrs of great playtime.

Hmm is the Total War Grandmaster Collection worth it? I already have Shogun 2 and fall of the samurai but I don't have all those dlcs and I'm wondering if it's worth getting the other games.

Is the original Torchlight still worth getting? I really like 2, just wish I had preordered to get 1 for free, but oh well.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Is the original Torchlight still worth getting? I really like 2, just wish I had preordered to get 1 for free, but oh well.
    It's a cool story, but I really don't think it's worth playing. I'm sure many people disagree, but let me explain.

TL was a great game, but TL2 really took everything good about the first one and improved it. There's basically no character customization, only 2 pets, less classes, less awesome gear, less different mobs, less, less less. Less everything. It really feels like you are playing a demo for TL2.

I love the company and the series, and would love to say please buy it to support them but it is not worth it when you have 2. (imo)

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it. Haven't played the second, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Hmm is the Total War Grandmaster Collection worth it? I already have Shogun 2 and fall of the samurai but I don't have all those dlcs and I'm wondering if it's worth getting the other games.
    Rome and Medieval 2 are still my favourites in the series. I'd say it's worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    I'd say you'd have more fun with TL2 playing another class or buying maps and doing end-game stuff than playing through TL1. The story isn't really worth it and everything that was good in TL1 is improved in TL2 + loads more added. So for me Torchlight is really one of those games where if you have the second one, the first one is unlikely to satisfy you.. just my opinion though!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I'd say you'd have more fun with TL2 playing another class or buying maps and doing end-game stuff than playing through TL1. The story isn't really worth it and everything that was good in TL1 is improved in TL2 + loads more added. So for me Torchlight is really one of those games where if you have the second one, the first one is unlikely to satisfy you.. just my opinion though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It's a cool story, but I really don't think it's worth playing. I'm sure many people disagree, but let me explain.

TL was a great game, but TL2 really took everything good about the first one and improved it. There's basically no character customization, only 2 pets, less classes, less awesome gear, less different mobs, less, less less. Less everything. It really feels like you are playing a demo for TL2.

I love the company and the series, and would love to say please buy it to support them but it is not worth it when you have 2. (imo)
    Ok, that's sort of what I was thinking. And I bought 2 copies of TL2 at full price, for my husband and me, so I think I will just stick with playing the second one some more. There are still extra maps and new class builds I want to try.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Pretty much. It would be the same as going back to play Diablo after you have played Diablo2 for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was Chivalry: Medieval Warfare ever on sale past 33%?
    I kinda remember seeing it but I didn't buy it at the time and now I want it >.<
    I'm hoping that if it was on sale it will pop up again by the 5th.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I left torchlight2 on lvl 5 (my pc got some errors but now it has been fixed) anyone starting right now that wants to party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Was Chivalry: Medieval Warfare ever on sale past 33%?
    I kinda remember seeing it but I didn't buy it at the time and now I want it >.<
    I'm hoping that if it was on sale it will pop up again by the 5th.
    It's 50% off on gamersgate atm.
    Get a steam key for it.
    The base price is lower than steams too, at least here in the UK
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2013-01-02 at 10:06 PM.

Btw, if anybody is interested in getting Painkiller Hell and Damnation, Alienware has a coupon.

http://eu.alienwarearena.com/deal/66...hell-damnation

Just follow the directions. I got my code but I'm at work and can't activate it to make sure it works, but should be an added discount to the current cost. I think it brings the game down 66.6% from the base cost, so $6.68

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    Just waiting for half minute hero to go on sale again.. missed it the first time it was

Deleted
    Does anyone know if KOTOR 2 still has all those seriously weird errors and crashes?

I can't play the one I have because the loading option doesn't work, and I really wanted to play KOTOR 2 again. ;_;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Does anyone know if KOTOR 2 still has all those seriously weird errors and crashes?

I can't play the one I have because the loading option doesn't work, and I really wanted to play KOTOR 2 again. ;_;
    If you crash on loading it can usually be fixed by changing a setting or two with your gpu.

Weird... I could have sworn that Lucius was blocked for germany. Apparently not.
    Oh well it's a pretty mediocre game anyway, so who cares.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    Does that mean if I try and do this it can fix the current game I have?

If so, that'd be awesome, I wouldn't "waste" 2,49! Need to try it out tomorrow and hope it works.

Deleted
    Just bought Defender's Quest, and it's quickly becoming my favourite tower defense ever!

Very much recommended. It's 66% off I think.