Thread: Common Decency?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Common Decency?

So I was on my way to Tempest Keep to solo Keal again, but knowing I had a hard time last time, I kinda wanted to do it with a friend and roll both.
    At the entrance, I met another paladin who invited me to a group saying "hey maybe we can help each other!"

I accepted and walked in, but quickly noticed he had Masterloot on. Before he started talking about how many times he tried him solo, I asked him why he had it on. "To get the mount ofcourse..."

So I reply: "Ah, well then I'm gonna leave you to it, because I'm not gonna waste a week on getting you the mount, sorry..."
    To which he replied: "Oh..."

I proceeded to walk to the exit, but noticed he started sprinting towards the boss in hopes of saving me so my week was wasted anyway.
    I quickly disbanded the group and turned on my pala-sprint as well, only to leave the dungeon as I heard Keal's speech. Luckily I saw on my calendar that I wasn't locked out.

But seriously, what the hell happened to common decency? Why assume that I'm willing to waste a lockout on you if I specifically told you I was here for the mount as well? And then when things don't go your way, you try to sabotage things?

I've thought I'd seen it all

Anyone got stories like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope not really, I play alone if i need help i always go to a guildie cause i know im not going to be fucked around by them.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I would like to lighten up your day by sharing my experience of the exact opposite, the VERY LAST reset of ZG before cata, I was waiting for someone to come online in front of the entrance, but there were no guildies. luckily, there was someone else who wasn't there for the tiger, we agreed to go in together, he would help me, i would help him, and the tiger dropped, and I got it. so yes common decency still exists.
    unfortunately, so does the exact opposite.

good luck on the farming btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh lol. The moron obviously didn't know that you actually have to kill most bosses to get the ID assigned to you.

Randoms are morons and assholes 99.5% of the time. Blame the anonymity of the Internet if you so desire.
    Don't group up with them, unless you absolutely have to.

Be like me dont group with anyone if you are mount farming

With raid groups no longer needed to enter raids just solo them dont bother with the hassle in helping others cause its a sad fact that most of the times they will dick you

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Be like me dont group with anyone if you are mount farming
    This pretty much, KT's such an easy solo now if you use the old method Melee were using in Cata. Unless you're only trying to speed things up by bringing someone along to kill it with you, just stick to soloing stuff. As it stands I run TK and OL for the mounts and when I can muster up the effort to sit and practise killing Aly I'll add FL to that list too. If someone helps me to solo stuff, it's generally things like Uld 25 (I have Mimi's Head, so I'm there for transmog) for Fragments and ICC for Shards where we're there for different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    So I was on my way to Tempest Keep to solo Keal again, but knowing I had a hard time last time, I kinda wanted to do it with a friend and roll both.
    At the entrance, I met another paladin who invited me to a group saying "hey maybe we can help each other!"

I accepted and walked in, but quickly noticed he had Masterloot on. Before he started talking about how many times he tried him solo, I asked him why he had it on. "To get the mount ofcourse..."

So I reply: "Ah, well then I'm gonna leave you to it, because I'm not gonna waste a week on getting you the mount, sorry..."
    To which he replied: "Oh..."

I proceeded to walk to the exit, but noticed he started sprinting towards the boss in hopes of saving me so my week was wasted anyway.
    I quickly disbanded the group and turned on my pala-sprint as well, only to leave the dungeon as I heard Keal's speech. Luckily I saw on my calendar that I wasn't locked out.

But seriously, what the hell happened to common decency? Why assume that I'm willing to waste a lockout on you if I specifically told you I was here for the mount as well? And then when things don't go your way, you try to sabotage things?

I've thought I'd seen it all

Anyone got stories like this?
    So let me get this straight. You assume people won't try to be douchey on an online game whenever they are bored, or just because they can?
    I've had this happen to me several times before, and each time I reported the person who did it to me.
    Since, I have always tried to get friends/guildies to help me out.

Just go solo, if a mount you wish to farm needs a helping hand or you want it to go faster? bring a friend who isn't going to stab you in the back.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Deleted
    Not anywhere near as bad as yours, but..

Back before Raven Lord became obtainable by all, some guildie constantly nagged me to run him through on my Foolkin, just so he could share the chance of a roll, despite the fact I still hadn`t got it.
    When doing guild runs to get the achievements, he sugested that palce after a few others.
    Oops, I accidentally logged before the rants inc`.

Instead of going to a forum and starting a sympathy thread, maybe you should have asked the person why he did it?

Also, if you want to avoid surprises, I'd recommend that you make your intentions known before you group up.

Decency died with LFD and LFR. Blame Ghostcrawler for killing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    We can pretty much blame Ghostcrawler for every complaint we have these days, eh? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyx View Post
    We can pretty much blame Ghostcrawler for every complaint we have these days, eh? lol
    Except Flying Mounts, oddly.

Sounds like someone has never played on a low-pop/dead server.

I soloed kael at lvl 85 how can you have trouble at lvl 90? basically pull him and run into Al'ar's room. There you will have time to heal + charge cd while he run to switch phases.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

I don't bother grouping with anyone for mount farming unless I know them. It's really easy to solo KT and onyxia so why bother with the hassle of extra baggage in the form of idiots.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't you know? He is the 69th incarnation of Satan himself, usually sitting on is yacht laughing at the misery WoW causes it's subscribers and plotting new torturing schemes (commonly known as class nerfs).

*places tinfoil hat firmly on her head*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Instead of going to a forum and starting a sympathy thread, maybe you should have asked the person why he did it?
    Also, if you want to avoid surprises, I'd recommend that you make your intentions known before you group up.
    maybe if you read the OP's post you would know that it wasn't a sympathy post. He never got saved.

There are a few people around that will show some common decency (in game that is). However I have had it thrown in my face far too many times to show it to random players these days, especially with CRZ/LFR/LFG etc. There is too many douche bags around who WILL take advantage of your good nature for no other reason than there will be zero consequences, and very little chance you will see them again.

Deleted
    Explain to me how my actions (should I want to be a dick) have anything to do with GC?

If you are in a raid that killed a boss, but you didn't touch the boss at all, you will get a message saying "You are about to be saved to X/Y bosses. Stay or leave?".
    At least that happened to me in Ulduar where the group killed a boss while I did trash.